Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staying late without pay

Options
  • 31-03-2015 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I work in a retail store. That has six shops around the country. Im coming here because there is no union where i work. Anyways every night all the staff are made stay late. So say i was meant to be finished at six. We would never get out until at least 6.15 . When i started i was told we would never get out on time and was told i would only get paid for the extra time if we stayed an extra half hour. That was a lie because many a time i stayed an extra 30 to 40 mins and never got paid. One week because of this i should have got an extra 2.5 hours but never did. We say it to the manager who then recalculates and then says that she will put them in next week. This happens so often that the staff often say nothing. While i am sick of it. Im just wondering what do i do. Also i heard that if you work in Retail you have to get an hour break if you work more than 6 hours we only get an hour break if we are in 8 hours, anything under that we get 20 mins. Any advice would be great .Thanks.

Comments

Advertisement