Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good school to learn to drive a truck, in Sligo?

Options
  • 31-03-2015 4:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi, got a few months until college begins next September, so looking to acquire some new work place skills.

I think I have to learn the smaller type of truck first, before the articulated, but in either case, anyone have a name of a good school to learn from in the Sligo area?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭Slideways

Hi, got a few months until college begins next September, so looking to acquire some new work place skills.

I think I have to learn the smaller type of truck first, before the articulated, but in either case, anyone have a name of a good school to learn from in the Sligo area?

Thanks.

I did mine eons ago with School of motoring in Carraroe.
    The son has taken over since but I believe it hasn't changed much.

I'd recommend them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Thats the Professional Driving school. Excellent reputation. I know a few guys who used them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

In terms of getting the license, can you guys describe what that entails a little?

Should I just contact that company and they will guide me or, do I need to apply to do theory tests first?

Obviously I don't actually have a truck, nor am I working for a trucking company, so is it a matter of picking up everything I need to know during lessons or how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

First off, you'll need to do the theory test before applying for a learner permit. Once you've gained that then you can think about driving lessons.

But also, if you intend to drive for work, you will need to pass the CPC theory and practical tests as well the driving test itself. You will need to keep your CPC up to date by attending one classroom based training seminar per year. All of this will require a substantial monetary investment on your part.

Advertisement