Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Safe to ride out there..?

• 31-03-2015 5:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Contemplating riding out home to Naas.. is it too windy do u think..?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Fender76 wrote: »
    Contemplating riding out home to Naas.. is it too windy do u think..?

From Dublin? Wouldn't fancy it but its probably safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I did 70km in Co. Meath today. Kilmessan, Dunsany, Duleek. It was just hairy enough, I was pushed into the ditch once, by the wind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Fender76

Just stepped foot out of the office and it is waay too windy.. don't fancy being swept under a juggernaut.... bus it is so...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wouldnt do it by the coast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Wimped out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭C3PO

Wimped out!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If the winds at your back you're laughing.

Otherwise I wouldn't try it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

cycled home to Leixlip this evening from town, only 20Km, prob slowest ever due to the gale, but i have a heavyish hybrid/MTB and use the N4 cycle path eastbound side headin west

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I'd cycle through most bit didn't feel comfortable today. Nearly got pushed in front of a van coming down King St this morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,013 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

neris wrote: »
    Wouldnt do it by the coast.
    It was fairly fresh around Howth tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Luxman

I did 44k today. Very windy but headwind and tailwinds I felt safe. Crosswinds kept me focused and trying very hard to avoid a GT moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Did 42km today and it was exceptionally windy but the only time I had to stop was during a hailstorm as I actually couldn't see where I was going. Had to really concentrate with the wind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭fillup

Did the 'tarf seafront up Howth via "scenic" route. Very hairy cycling down into the village esp where the cover breaks.
    Turned around in Village and back over. It was blowing like a hoor down by the harbour.

Bizarrely there where times both going out and back where I struggling into the wind but when I checked the speedo I was mid to late 20s.

Gotta love the wind on the seafront. Horizontal hill training for those not near decent climbs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭manwithaplan

I got caught in a brutal hail shower on the coast road between Sutton and Clontarf yesterday lunchtime. I had to slow right down, not so much because of the howling wind, but because I couldn't lift my head up enough to see more than a few feet in front of me without my face getting flayed by the near horizontal hail. Howth itself was alright - only problem was the tailwind up from the village side meant that I was running out of hill before my interval length was up.

Advertisement