Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IT Networks for Expenses Only

Options
  • 31-03-2015 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I am attempting to change careers into Network Engineering, like so many trying to do this i have found no matter what the qualifications and certifications i gain, experience is a must have to even get an interview for the first full time job!

So i am offering my services for expenses only, such as petrol costs and a ham roll for lunch!

I get a reference, hands on experience and you the small/medium business get a certified engineer with No charge for my time! I am free Saturdays in the Carlow/Kildare area.

Simply send me a message.

I currently have a
    Bsc. Applied Computing
    CCENT Routing and Switching
    CCNA Routing and Switching
    Comptia Security+
    MTA Windows Server 2008
    NFQ Level 6 Cert in IP Networking,

Working on my CCNA Security and CCNP Routing certs.
    NFQ Level 7 Cert in IP Networking and Design, will be finished by May.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭jetsonx

Great initiative showing and hunger for knowledge OP. It will impress a lot of future employers.

But thread very carefully. Unfortunately, there are some "cute hoor" types out there who might you see your magnanimous offer as
    a passport to free labor. And these are the type of people who you certainly do not want to work for. Evaluate any offers
    and the reputation / character of the "giver" very carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭brianwalshcork

What sort of work would you ideally be asked to do op?

You sound over certified for the small business to be honest (in other words, they are unlikely to ask you to physically do anything to challenge you)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ITNetworking

Hi,
    Thanks for the warning jetsonx, i will be careful.

brianwalshcork
    I will do pretty much anything for a start off.
    Installing and setting up small office LANS, single router and switch.
    All the way down to planning and implementing switched networks with VLANS and VTP,
    Reorganising wiring closets,
    Setting up wireless networks,
    Setting up Cisco routers for VPN conections.
    Maintaining networks, upgrading devices.
    Adding network Printers.
    I can set up WAN's but i would imagine a company needing that level of support would have a Engineer.

Advertisement