Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Spotted Niall O'Connor looking at houses in a Dundrum estate agents earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Sangre wrote: »
    Good point. Because he is a homegrown player people don't see Sexton's return as a 'big signing' but in reality its arguably one of the biggest signings of any club this year. Racing area looking to replace him with Dan Carter for god's sake!

I think the counter argument would be that since he's on a central contact, he's not really being paid out of Leinster funds (but none of us really know how these things work).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

.ak wrote: »
    All quiet on the signing news for us tho. Was really hoping there was some truth in the Groom rumor.

Ciaran Boyle said he made it up and then it ended up in the papers the next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Ciaran Boyle said he made it up and then it ended up in the papers the next week.

I know but that's not exactly proof of anything. Ciaran did come to the conclusion based on the fact Groom is out of contract.

I think the counter argument would be that since he's on a central contact, he's not really being paid out of Leinster funds (but none of us really know how these things work).

I think the idea is it's a central contract that's topped up by Leinster and then some by Denis O'Brien or someone with deep pockets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I know but that's not exactly proof of anything. Ciaran did come to the conclusion based on the fact Groom is out of contract.

True I reviewed all Super Rugby SHs contracts picked out those that were in contract dismissed those that are current established internationals and asked myself which of the remaining would I most like to see in Leinster. Nic Groom as a project player was top of the list.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/600692538551496704

Pretty low at this stage of the year, no? Would have thought it was at least another 5k at this stage in previous seasons...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

12.5 to 13k season holder tickets max so 10k now is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

dregin wrote: »
    Pretty low at this stage of the year, no? Would have thought it was at least another 5k at this stage in previous seasons...

Max we can sell is around 12.5K as European rules insist we keep tickets for travelling supporters.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

awec wrote: »
    Spotted Niall O'Connor looking at houses in a Dundrum estate agents earlier.

I can't work out if this is a piss take or not because I'd believe it.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/600692538551496704

10k is better than expected imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Agreed. Thankfully, there doesn't seem to be a mass exodus anyway. Got mine anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

The early bird offer was pretty good this year. Certainly it helped me make my decision to buy!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Wow. 10k is huge considering we've been at about the 12k mark for the last few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Wow. 10k is huge considering we've been at about the 12k mark for the last few seasons.

Especially so as we're three months away from another actual home game. I reckon that's pretty expectional.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I can't work out if this is a piss take or not because I'd believe it.

I spotted him in Ballsbridge months back.

He was let go by Jersey last season: http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/27322678

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

vienne86 wrote: »
    The early bird offer was pretty good this year. Certainly it helped me make my decision to buy!
    The 10 installments made it a lot easier... don't think that's a new thing for this season, but has definitely come in since I let my last seat go a few seasons back.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chief87

That's pretty good going all things considered!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

The 10 installments made it a lot easier... don't think that's a new thing for this season, but has definitely come in since I let my last seat go a few seasons back.
    Last year you could pay in two instalments.

The ten instalment offer is new, I think. I went for it this year seeing as it's interest free! 20-odd euro a month up to Christmas for a terrace ticket is very reasonable IMHO!

I was surprised to see they'd hit the 10k mark. I know one family giving up theirs as they didn't really get the full value this season - they'll still go to games when they can, but I know two people definitely not buying due to the MOC issue. I don't agree with that, but it's their money.

I think last year it was %50 up front and then the remainder til the end of the year. But the 10 instalment is much better, when you don't have to pay a lump sum up front it makes it much easier to decide.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Classic click-baiting by the Irish Times this morning.

Their 'Morning Sports Briefing' opens with "Stringer reveals why he turned down Leinster" as its sub-headline, but when you actually read the article, he just references the made-up gossip about Leinster, no actual mention of getting an offer and turning it down.

So yeah, the whole thing was bullsh*t.

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It'll be 10,001 STs soon. I've decided to renew, the boys from D4tress have another chance to try and leinstertain me next season after the spectacular showing in mediocrity this year that had me on the edge of my seat about 3 times throughout the entire 11 home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Jonny back should make a huge difference for the big games. But I'm expecting more of the same shíte when players are on Ireland duty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭blackdog1

It'll be 10,001 STs soon. I've decided to renew, the boys from D4tress have another chance to try and leinstertain me next season after the spectacular showing in mediocrity this year that had me on the edge of my seat about 3 times throughout the entire 11 home games.

Need noel Reid for more entertainment. Sexton, Reid , teo for my money's worth

Was it the idea of NOC signing that did it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Was it the idea of NOC signing that did it for you?
    I believe jaco is looking at houses in Dublin today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭SaveOurLyric

I believe jaco is looking at houses in Dublin today.

MOC's ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

MOC's ?

roll.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I think last year it was %50 up front and then the remainder til the end of the year. But the 10 instalment is much better, when you don't have to pay a lump sum up front it makes it much easier to decide.

Yeah,

That's what I did this morning with the cheapest ticket going no less.

Especially handy when there's no rate being applied to the instalments as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement