Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

ssaye2 wrote: »
    So Mick Kearney for Marshall, opinions. I havent watched much of Kearney.

Are they similar or have Connacht probably got the better of the two?

In terms of those two, Leinster have the better deal. Whether that's down to playing time and exposure, it's hard to say but MK has definitely performed to the higher standard and at a higher level also.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Delighted for Marshall if the move to Connacht is true. Certainly Roux has prospered in the west, and hopefully Marshall will too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

It's great to see a sensible move like this happening between the provinces. Hope he does well.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'd have thought a move up north would be better for Marshall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

.ak wrote: »

Ulster are well stocked at lock, VDM, Tuohy, AOC, Henderson.

Diack, Henderson at 6 too, wouldn't see much opportunities for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Connacht are also likely looking at him at six, Muldoon basically plays every minute of every game as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Cooney & Marshall is good business from Connacht.

I think Marshall could push on there. Hopefully he's seen how Kearney has done, and looks to use the opportunity to make himself a bit more well-known.

In terms of our academy locks, we've not done too well with keeping them! Flanagan would have been worth a place over Denton imo, Marshall too. And I think Denton has done okay this season in his opportunities!

Beirne, Molony and Thornbury are the three in the academy at the moment, we must be quite confident in at least one of them making it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

freyners wrote: »

If porter steps up at Leinster then there will three pro former Andrews SCT players, one in Leinster, one in Munster and one in Connacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

errlloyd wrote: »
    If porter steps up at Leinster then there will three pro former Andrews SCT players, one in Leinster, one in Munster and one in Connacht.

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, but, who??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Prop in U20s squad for world cup. Could be added to academy for next season. In sub academy

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

From what I've heard Porter is one of those brought into the full academy this year.

From the grapevine:
    Andrew Porter - Prop
    Jeremy Loughman - Prop
    Oisin Heffernan - Prop
    David O Connor - Lock
    Josh Murphy - Backrow
    Charlie Rock - Scrum Half
    Joey Carberry - Outhalf/Centre/Fullback

Fergal Cleary and Nick Timoney not in from what I heard.
    Nobody straight from school selected.

I think he was punching above his age grade last season and got on the Bench for Leinster A at 18 as a prop - albeit during the great propping crisis of Autumn 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Bridge93 wrote: »
    From what I've heard Porter is one of those brought into the full academy this year.

From the grapevine:
    Andrew Porter - Prop
    Jeremy Loughman - Prop
    Oisin Heffernan - Prop
    David O Connor - Lock
    Josh Murphy - Backrow
    Charlie Rock - Scrum Half
    Joey Carberry - Outhalf/Centre/Fullback

Fergal Cleary and Nick Timoney not in from what I heard.
    Nobody straight from school selected.

3 props? we will have to start selling them to fund the development of backs which seems to be a dry enough well at the moment

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 jwrocks0

salmocab wrote: »
    3 props? we will have to start selling them to fund the development of backs which seems to be a dry enough well at the moment

backs from this year's under-20 group in the academy next season:

Scrumhalf: Nick McCarthy
    Scrumhalf: Charlie Rock - rumoured
    Outhalf: Ross Byrne
    Outhalf/Back Three: Joey Carberry - rumoured
    Centre: Harrison Brewer
    Centre: Garry Ringrose
    Fullback: Billy Dardis

This season's academy class was always going to be forward heavy as the most talented backs were already in the academy, aswell as most of the players leaving the academy are forwards.

Next season there will be 14 backs in the academy and 10 forwards. If the rumours are right.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Hopefully we can sell them by the pound

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Killser

They keep getting forwards from us - maybe we can get a few backs from them, think they have one or two handy players, Robbie-something :D

(ducks head - jumps behind counch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

He's only in his first year of academy. Had a really good u20s campaign in his last year but there is too many ahead of him in blue. He'll get game time eventually as he's built for modern rugby, just needs to be patient. He's been playing well at AIL

Looks like he's gonna play 7s over the summer too.
    According to the Leinster site he's 6'4 and 101 kg.Is he really that big?

Not a hope. Over 6ft, yes, but definitely not 6'4".

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Does anyone know the full timescale behind Byrne's injury? Would be nice if he was back in time for pre-season to work with the new coach considering how thin we are at 10

• Advertisement

Does anyone know the full timescale behind Byrne's injury? Would be nice if he was back in time for pre-season to work with the new coach considering how thin we are at 10

If this is Adam Byrne I saw him play the colours match for UCD in March, has he been hurt since?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

errlloyd wrote: »
    If this is Adam Byrne I saw him play the colours match for UCD in March, has he been hurt since?

Ross Byrne, I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

Nim wrote: »
    Ross Byrne, I believe.

It's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that we may put out a team of 4 Byrnes during the world cup.

Actually throw in 3 Kearney, 3 McGrath, and 2 Mccarthys and you have a commentators dream!

It's not entirely beyond the realms of possibility that we may put out a team of 4 Byrnes during the world cup.

Actually throw in 3 Kearney, 3 McGrath, and 2 Mccarthys and you have a commentators dream!

And a Beirne?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

And a Beirne?

Splitters don't count.

Adam would be easily 100kg but I doubt he's 6'4". More likely 6' and a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We'd be as bad as the Welsh with their proliferation of Jones, Jones, Davies and Jones, Jones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Bloody well delighted for Jenno tonight. Great way for him to sign off.

Bloody well delighted for Jenno tonight. Great way for him to sign off.

He was very good. Forced a couple of turnovers, stripped Jack McGrath at one point and was generally a pain in the arse.

Definitely wanted to win badly and you could see he was enjoying the reaction when he went for the 3 points in the last quarter; shades of MOD doing the same. Not too impressed by the late hit on Madigan but I'll forgive him.

• Advertisement

Yeah he looked like a right pain to play against. Not sure what he was at for the late hit tho. In a normal game that would've been a yellow.

I found it hilarious when he pointed at the posts to be honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement