Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

salmocab wrote: »
    3 props? we will have to start selling them to fund the development of backs which seems to be a dry enough well at the moment
    Here's a novel idea. Ulster and leinster running a joint academy. Sorted.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

jacothelad wrote: »
    Here's a novel idea. Ulster and leinster running a joint academy. Sorted.

Dundalk IT would like that very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

So apart from Deans has there been any rumours of interest in other coaches? Would it be worth holding on and seeing who is available after the World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Teferi wrote: »
    So apart from Deans has there been any rumours of interest in other coaches? Would it be worth holding on and seeing who is available after the World Cup?

Once Deans ruled himself out media attention seemed to settle on Ewan McKenzie. The recruitment overall has gone quiet though due to other goings on in the game.

In terms of the big names, I'd have thought McKenzie and Gibbes were the ones that were going to enjoy a lot of attention after Deans bowed out. Gibbes odds are now at a rather scabby 8/11.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Kinger83

Marco Caputo gone with immediate effect.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/13630.php#.VW2rIs9Vi1W

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

He's the guy you only hired recently, right?

awec wrote: »
    He's the guy you only hired recently, right?

Badly Titled page but!
    Caputo is an Australian Rugby Union Level 3 accredited coach - the highest coaching accreditation available from the ARU - and joined Leinster Rugby on 1 July 2014 as the new Senior team Scrum Coach.

Little more detail here
    Caputo will begin as scrum coach at the Irish giants in July, his first full-time role since he was sacked by former Brumbies coach Jake White in 2011.

..The former Wallabies hooker and Gungahlin Eagles coach has a long association with Leinster head coach Matt O'Connor in ACT and Australian junior representative sides.

I imagine the connection might have meant it made sense to go with O'Connor.

He was only a scrum coach though, and I don't think you had too many issues with your scrum?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

He was only a scrum coach though, and I don't think you had too many issues with your scrum?

Corporate complicity you might say. No surprise really, he was MOCs man.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think he was probably the most efficient of the coaching ticket. He had the scrum as a real weapon where as before he joined it was creaky.

Make senses he's leaving but it's a pity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I wonder is heading off to join Matt O'Connor on his next venture.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

I'd say MOC is close to signing as new head coach contract some where at this point and is just getting his back room staff together.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Nope, it was reasonably strong. Would have quite liked to keep him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

That's very disappointing. Just means more disruption next season and he seemed to be doing an excellent job.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

I'd say MOC is close to signing as new head coach contract some where at this point and is just getting his back room staff together.

MOC most likely will be the new queensland reds coach next season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

lads do we need a 2nd row? fairly decent one just left munster

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

aimee1 wrote: »
    lads do we need a 2nd row? fairly decent one just left munster

Toner, McCarthy, Douglas, Kearney, Denton

No room for another signing IMO.

Unless the incomparable Leinster Legend Steven Sykes returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Marco Caputo is has left as well...

That's a bit worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭Kirk Van Houten

scott1974 wrote:
    Marco Caputo is has left as well...

scott1974 wrote:
    That's a bit worrying...

Is only worrying if a new head coach and backroom team isnt lined up already.

Happy days if a new coaching team is about to be put in place or otherwise it looks like a smart move from Caputo to get out in case next season is a clusterfeck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Indo tipping John Fogarty for new Leinster scrum coach - Don't know a lot about him. Anyone rate him?

• Advertisement

Stainalert wrote: »
    Indo tipping John Fogarty for new Leinster scrum coach - Don't know a lot about him. Anyone rate him?

He was good as a hooker!

fogsodonohoex_rdax_80.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Stainalert wrote: »

He's been the forwards coach for the As and has been pretty heavily involved in a lot of the scrum workshops and initiatives around the country over the last couple of years. He's no experience at this level at all though.

The Indo has linked Deans with the top job already and have been wrong. Fogs could just be another one of those names that people recognise like COS, Birch etc.

That said bringing in Fogs could point to Dempsey getting the top gig on an interim basis as well, which was heavily rumoured even before MOC left. I would worry about a coaching team of Dempsey, Leo and Fogs with Richie still double jobbing and therefore missing for a large part of the season. It would be a very green set-up if it comes to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Isn't he involved with the Irish Women team?
    I think he has a role already with the Leinster Branch as well. Seem to remember his name being mentioned somewhere in relation to that

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    He's been the forwards coach for the As and has been pretty heavily involved in a lot of the scrum workshops and initiatives around the country over the last couple of years. He's no experience at this level at all though.

The Indo has linked Deans with the top job already and have been wrong. Fogs could just be another one of those names that people recognise like COS, Birch etc.

That said bringing in Fogs could point to Dempsey getting the top gig on an interim basis as well, which was heavily rumoured even before MOC left. I would worry about a coaching team of Dempsey, Leo and Fogs with Richie still double jobbing and therefore missing for a large part of the season. It would be a very green set-up if it comes to pass.

Hmm. My gut feeling would be to get in someone from outside. But I must say, I am full of admiration for what Dempsey has done with the A's.

Dempsey would be mental to take the Leinster job right now IMO. He is a coach with it all to prove and needs to make sure he gives himself the best shot at it when his time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Matt Williams and Neil Francis for Leinster ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Seeing on @sportsforbusines on Twitter that it's the Laya stadium for the RDS.

http://sportforbusiness.com/unveiling-the-new-rds-sponsor/

Ha, sounds awful.

Aw, thought Samsung would've been a cool sponsor.

• Advertisement

Ha, sounds awful.

Better than Kings Slice Pan stadium or whatever its called.

tumblr_l9i3ucVqLV1qc073co1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement