Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

At least we can give the ultras in the terrace a more accurate name - the layabouts

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Layadyboys.

It won't hurt as much if I say it myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

The RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah they can call it what they want once they're paying good money for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

.ak wrote: »
    Yeah they can call it what they want once they're paying good money for it.

With AIG taking them over there should be a few quid.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Still think they should have gone for the Durex Dome.

You can imagine the potential advertisements. Rob Kearney in a promo video: "I am the sheath that protects the Leinster try line. Wear a sheath. Wear Durex, Official sheath provider for the Leinster Rugby Team."

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I would have preferred Samsung too but I guess as long as they're paying good money, it doesn't really matter.

Aviva Stadium, Laya Stadium, VHI will be raging now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

awec wrote: »
    Still think they should have gone for the Durex Dome.

See every bouncing ball at the Durex Dome

• Registered Users Posts: 24,074 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Limerick dwellers may giggle, but Tampax Park is coming your way. For when Munster play at home.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

awec wrote: »
    You can imagine the potential advertisements. Rob Kearney in a promo video: "I am the sheath that protects the Leinster try line. Wear a sheath. Wear Durex, Official sheath provider for the Leinster Rugby Team."

There will be no dead rubber games in the Durex Dome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Nim wrote: »
    There will be no dead rubber games in the Durex Dome.

could see more handling errors though!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Laya at RDS, or LARDS for short. Hmmm.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

So I just read that Francois Hougaard is off to Japan post RWC...I'm not sure what kind of money they're offering but he would've been a great signing had we done the sensible thing and used an NIQ spot for a good scrummy.

So I just read that Francois Hougaard is off to Japan post RWC...I'm not sure what kind of money they're offering but he would've been a great signing had we done the sensible thing and used an NIQ spot for a good scrummy.

Jesus what a waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

They always tried to make a scrum half out of him but it never worked out. Really his strength is on the wing, wouldn't be worth the asking price at all for us to have him at scrum half. Don't blame him for moving from the Bulls, despite an all international 10-14 this year they've been absolutely desperate not to go wide and he's just chased high balls all year.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

these japanese contracts can sometimes be overlain with super rugby contracts ie JP Pietersen (pasonic wild knights), nemani nandolo (green rockets) etc during super xv downtime.

so this might just be a few months pay time for him

Really? I think he's a fine scrumhalf. May a bit error prone for international rugby but he'd be a very good standard at HEC level. We'd do well to get him.

Really? I think he's a fine scrumhalf. May a bit error prone for international rugby but he'd be a very good standard at HEC level. We'd do well to get him.

We should get Bergamasco in before he retires. He's an international scrummie convert...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Reddan would be proud of this level of brainfart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Pardon my ignorance but how is taking the ball from the welsh at 0.05 legal?

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »

I see you have met John Lacey.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

errlloyd wrote: »
    I see you have met John Lacey.

awec will be appearing shortly

Synode wrote: »

wheres the ruck?

the back foot is the hindmost foot of welsh number 2, and about 12" forward of the ball

ball out, play on....

the guy on the ground has nothing to do with the play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭George Hook

sydthebeat wrote: »
    these japanese contracts can sometimes be overlain with super rugby contracts ie JP Pietersen (pasonic wild knights), nemani nandolo (green rockets) etc during super xv downtime.

so this might just be a few months pay time for him

SA I think have or are starting some deal with Japanese clubs doing this exact thing.

Hougaard had an outstanding match at SH vs the All blacks when SA beat them last year. This season I think he's been on the wing all year and whilst every other SA side pledged to play more attacking rugby to Meyer, the Bulls were the only team that decided they'd stick to their own way - the kick chase way.

wheres the ruck?

the back foot is the hindmost foot of welsh number 2, and about 12" forward of the ball

ball out, play on....

the guy on the ground has nothing to do with the play.

If the backfoot of the ruck is the hookers backfoot than the ball isn't beyond it.

If the backfoot of the ruck is the hookers backfoot than the ball isn't beyond it.

Well it's not a ruck because the hooker isn't bound onto anyone. And the ball is behind his foot, but it's marginal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Well it's not a ruck because the hooker isn't bound onto anyone. And the ball is behind his foot, but it's marginal.

The whole ball is not in front of the hooker's foot, but as you say it's marginal, It's not marginal that he's not bound to anyone though. 2 SA tacklers released and removed themselves from the area - no ruck.

Okay, all of that is reasonable. But if it's not a ruck than why is Lacey shouting use it?

pause it exactly 0.03 seconds and you can see the hooker is at least a foot past the ball???

on .aks point... id argue that he did join the ruck as he rucked off the SA so hes legally part of the ruck, he doesnt have to follow the player he rucked out of the ruck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

pause it exactly 0.03 seconds and you can see the hooker is at least a foot past the ball???

His right foot is about a foot past the ball, but his left foot is much, much closer. Marginal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement