Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Whatever it is, so long as the talent translates onto the page I'll be happy. I do believe we have amazing resources and world class talent at our disposal, and getting that to work on a consistent basis is a big, but highly rewarding challenge.

Can't believe no one has responded to my one in the brown comment yet.

Reported

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Telling tales or putting the kibosh on?

I like Tony, so I wouldn't like to see him get the same treatment a section of Leinster fans reserved for Jimmy and MOC if things don't work out. It was a side to the province I hadn't realise existed, and it left a bitter taste to be honest. However, I realise most people are a bit more decent, and he could be a good head coach, but definitely a leap into the unknown. I don't imagine he's moving, but it wouldn't be the first time denials are followed by a signature a few days later.

Love a good rumour mill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Potentially great news about McQuilkin, but it's six years since he left, the game has changed a lot - I don't know anything about the 'King Country Rams' but I'm guessing whatever level they play at is a big step down from Leinster. Hopefully he's as good as we remember, and you'd have to assume that the two-month period will be extended.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Love a good rumour mill

Indeed. It's good to see how enthused people are over someone like Brown potentially taking the job.

If KMcQ was somehow made permanent with a good quality head coach coming in, we'd be pretty well set, I think. While the likelihood is that it will be a backs coach appointed to the top job, I wouldn't like to see them close that door entirely. If there's a good quality forwards coach interested, I'd be very happy to see him take the role and Cullen take over the academy. With Fogarty's promotion, there's potentially a role for a forwards man with the A team and academy already.

Unfortunately, I don't see McQuilkin hanging around. He took a lesser job in NZ to be at home where he grew up and raise his family there. He seems to have done ok and coaches the Heartland XV as well as KCR.

Hopefully, Brown is just dousing the flames somewhat given the stage his team are at right now. I'm sure even if he was genuinely in talks, he'd rather it wasn't made public given he potentially has 4 must win games in a row with his current team starting this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I saw Marshawn Lynch buying Skittles in Spar in Ballsbridge. He must be signing for Leinster.

I saw Marshawn Lynch buying Skittles in Spar in Ballsbridge. He must be signing for Leinster.

He was only there so he wouldn't get fined.

Buer wrote: »
    He was only there so he wouldn't get fined.

I bought a Leinster season ticket so I wouldn't get fined.

• Administrators Posts: 53,831 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ulster Leinster friendly on 21 August at Ravenhill

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

What do people think of Fogarty getting the scrum gig? What has he being doing up to now to get it, just to be clear Im not suggesting he's not up to it as I know very little about him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

He's a development officer/academy scrum coach for quite some time afaik. Given how our front row prospects have been developing he's probably deserving of the chance to step up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,499 ✭✭✭Heroditas

He was a fine scrummager. If he can bring that to his coaching, we'll be set up nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'm assuming by the name that he's an American Football player, hence there is a joke there that I simply won't get.....

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

salmocab wrote: »
    What do people think of Fogarty getting the scrum gig? What has he being doing up to now to get it, just to be clear Im not suggesting he's not up to it as I know very little about him.

I wouldn't be a fan of his to be honest, rumour was that he was heading to Connacht for same job but Pat Lam refused point blank to let him have the job. Decent chap but not up to this level

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'm assuming by the name that he's an American Football player, hence there is a joke there that I simply won't get.....

Leinster could do with some BEAST MODE, fuelled by Skittles.

The Legion of Boom wouldn't leak many tries either.

Running back with incredible leg drive. Bursts through defensive lines packed with guys who had 30-40kg on him and can't put him down.

Even if you're not into NFL, it's worth watching his highlights on YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thomond and a certain Ulster man who happens to be both a Leinster season ticket holder and a moderator have taken in recent weeks to posting i saw this person shopping in x he must be signing for Leinster.

In every case the supposed signing is a terrible player/coach or from another sport.

Guys give it up its boring lazy trolling at this stage.

Running back with incredible leg drive. Bursts through defensive lines packed with guys who had 30-40kg on him and can't put him down.

I'd recommend checking out his touchdown run against Green Bay last year in the NFC Championship game. Apparently he isn't in great physical shape because of injuries and then he does that. Insane athleticism for a big man. It's a shame the wage differences between the two sports are so vast, I'd love to see how players like Lynch could adapt to rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Thomond and a certain Ulster man who happens to be both a Leinster season ticket holder and a moderator have taken in recent weeks to posting i saw this person shopping in x he must be signing for Leinster.

In every case the supposed signing is a terrible player/coach or from another sport.

Welcome to silly season, take a ticket and enjoy the ride.

Bit of humour can't go amiss around here, plenty of time argue during the regular season.

C'mon Ciaran, it's hardly trolling. The threads are dead during the summer anyway so it's not as if we are getting in the middle of serious discussion. If you don't find it funny that's fine but we're not trying to wind posters up.

• Advertisement

I'd recommend checking out his touchdown run against Green Bay last year in the NFC Championship game. Apparently he isn't in great physical shape because of injuries and then he does that. Insane athleticism for a big man. It's a shame the wage differences between the two sports are so vast, I'd love to see how players like Lynch could adapt to rugby.

He's not even that big. 5'11" and a touch over 15 stone. He's about the same size as Luke Marshall. It's more insane how he gets absolutely swallowed by a defensive line and then, when you think he's on the ground under a pile of bodies, you see him emerge out the other side, pumping the legs and breaking free. Those guys literally have 6 or 7 stone on him and don't put him down.

He's not even that big. 5'11" and a touch over 15 stone. He's about the same size as Luke Marshall. It's more insane how he gets absolutely swallowed by a defensive line and then, when you think he's on the ground under a pile of bodies, you see him emerge out the other side, pumping the legs and breaking free.
    When you see the size of his arms on the sideline he looks a lot bigger!

Anywho, what is the coaching team for next season as it stands? Cullen, McQuilkin and Fogarty?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

Ah here, it's just this years version of payne to Leinster.

funny, funny, funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, actually wait it's funny again, and now it's not again

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Yep, that's American all right!

So he's basically an NFL version of Gordon D'Arcy is what you're telling me?

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    I wouldn't be a fan of his to be honest, rumour was that he was heading to Connacht for same job but Pat Lam refused point blank to let him have the job. Decent chap but not up to this level

I don't have any inside info but nothing about this post really stacks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

I don't have any inside info but nothing about this post really stacks up.

If you have no info how do you know if it stacks up or not?

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    If you have no info how do you know if it stacks up or not?

Sorry, should have clarified.

I'm not sure why Pat Lam would be so vehemently against him if they've never worked together and if Fogarty is highly regarded in Leinster. If there were concerns about Fogarty's ability at senior level, it would be odd to give the reins to Jimmy Duffy who has even less experience at pro level. And why would Leinster (allegedly) be promoting him if he's not up to the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I saw this guy in Frascati the other day....
    https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/465902719199223808/TXUDvJhJ_400x400.jpeg

but it could have been this guy......
    http://sp.imgci.com/PICTURES/CMS/5500/5563.jpg

either way im just delighted that Marshawn Lynch is set to become the new no.13

So he's basically an NFL version of Gordon D'Arcy is what you're telling me?

Not a dissimilar style but a fair bit stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Not a dissimilar style but a fair bit stronger.

He's like a Billy Vunid'arcy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement