Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

He's like a Billy Vunid'arcy

I just had a look at him. I'd add a rampaging SOB to the above mix. Agile, powerful, quick. Reminds me of Lomu in the '95 world cup. Basically, you need three players to make sure of taking him down. Man against boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'd recommend checking out his touchdown run against Green Bay last year in the NFC Championship game. Apparently he isn't in great physical shape because of injuries and then he does that. Insane athleticism for a big man. It's a shame the wage differences between the two sports are so vast, I'd love to see how players like Lynch could adapt to rugby.

Not particularly well, I'd wager. Afaik several tryout camps have been held for guys who played college football (still a very high standard, professional in every sense except paymebt) but didn't get into the NFL. Have they turned up anyone decent? I must say ive never checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

You know, Neil3030 moderates a perfectly good American Rugby knock-off forum... ;)

Failing that until we actually sign a NFL star the off-topic thread will suffice too! :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Not particularly well, I'd wager. Afaik several tryout camps have been held for guys who played college football (still a very high standard, professional in every sense except paymebt) but didn't get into the NFL. Have they turned up anyone decent? I must say ive never checked.

They're athletically amazing, but you're talking people who have quite possibly never touched a ball and if they have they've never tackled anyone - never mind rucking etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

awec wrote: »
    Ulster Leinster friendly on 21 August at Ravenhill

Might ramble up to that if I'm around - would love to see the new Ravenhill.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Isa coming back in a coaching capacity. As in head coach.seems like a bit too much of a risk. Just taxi driver rumour but yea never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Isa coming back in a coaching capacity. As in head coach.seems like a bit too much of a risk. Just taxi driver rumour but yea never know.

The press release for his return made clear he was coming back in solely a playing capacity after there were suggestions that it would be a player-coaching role. I wouldn't believe he'll now be dropped in as a head coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,077 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Teferi wrote: »
    The press release for his return made clear he was coming back in solely a playing capacity after there were suggestions that it would be a player-coaching role. I wouldn't believe he'll now be dropped in as a head coach.

Matt O'Connor said he was only coming back to play, which is irrelevant now. The PGB might have had other ideas in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Matt O'Connor said he was only coming back to play, which is irrelevant now. The PGB might have had other ideas in the meantime.

What MOC said is possibly more relevant than what some taxi driver said.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

There is no way that a guy with absolutely zero coaching experience of any kind will be made head coach by a club like Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

"Hey Isa, remember that contract you signed with us there a few months ago? SURPRISE, we were just joking! Please find attached your real job description which you'll discover was actually hidden in tiny print on page 34 the whole time, Regards, Micko"

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

molloyjh wrote: »
    There is no way that a guy with absolutely zero coaching experience of any kind will be made head coach by a club like Leinster.
    Well they are interviewing me next week, so screwwwwwwwwwwwww you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That's all part of IBFs restructure. You'll be working alongside the Director of Rugby as the Director of Pashun. There is also another job opening at the moment for a position entitled the Director of Bell Ringing to let the Ladyboys know when they can stop fighting and expose their soft underbelly.

molloyjh wrote: »
    That's all part of IBFs restructure. You'll be working alongside the Director of Rugby as the Director of Pashun. There is also another job opening at the moment for a position entitled the Director of Bell Ringing to let the Ladyboys know when they can stop fighting and expose their soft underbelly.
    That sort of language towards me is condescending, patronising and demeaning. How dare you.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Only cause I turned them down this morning there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Three words: Sven. Goran. Ericksson.

Sepp Blatter and Jack Warner

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Since we are in silly season and accepting random insane suggestions....

I heard from a bloke in the barbers shop, who said he knew the milk man who delivers to Mick Dawsons house and BOD was there the other day, all very hush hush but BOD will be the next coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭DelMcG

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Three words: Sven. Goran. Ericksson.

Rod. E. Collins :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

DelMcG wrote: »
    Rod. E. Collins :cool:

'Sometimes you reach for the stars and all you get is the moon'

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I know I should Google it but is there a deadline for buying season tickets?

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Stheno wrote: »
    I know I should Google it but is there a deadline for buying season tickets?

A few days before the first game of the season.

Earlier is better though as they sort the seats out for the Aviva fixtures pretty early.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

• Subscribers Posts: 41,594 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

^^
    That's brilliant :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Faantaastic

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/rds-naming-right-to-cost-laya-a-healthy-650k-a-year-31293152.html

Speculation is growing that Laya Healthcare may soon be announced as the naming rights holder for the planned €35m redevelopment of the RDS main arena in Ballsbridge for a yearly fee of €650k.

Siteserv Stadium

There's alliteration and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

........ Stadium

There's alliteration and everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭TommyOM

What MOC said is possibly more relevant than what some taxi driver said.

Defending him to the bitter end :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Sums up the past nine months in one sentence.

And proves once more that for a good few people, despite all the shrill denials, it was very, very personal.

Pathetic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement