Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Stheno wrote: »
    Hmm are the terraces sheltered?

I'm not shelling out for gold tickets, can't afford that much :o

I've been in the North Stand for years and have only had one or two wettings. Being able to sit with friends is a plus for us, and on one or two occasions we have moved from obnoxious neighbours! South stand can get more sun, but then you can have the sun in your eyes as well, which is a right pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Platinum gets you airs and graces, and you can't buy that with money.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am in the South Stand. It's alright, cold is a bigger problem than wet. A decent coat and you're grand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

vienne86 wrote: »
    I've been in the North Stand for years and have only had one or two wettings. Being able to sit with friends is a plus for us, and on one or two occasions we have moved from obnoxious neighbours! South stand can get more sun, but then you can have the sun in your eyes as well, which is a right pain.

Was the big screen you guys watch down at the South end been there all season?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

awec wrote: »
    I am in the South Stand. It's alright, cold is a bigger problem than wet. A decent coat and you're grand.

Ah I've my Winnipeg jacket that kept me warm in -43

I think I'll go for the silver for the two of us, having the tickets will motivate us to actually go into the matches.

Don't they (the season tickets) a bit more access to other tickets as well, like away or special home games?

Thanks to you all, much appreciated :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Here you go. From personal experience I can tell you that this thing is the s**t in terms of good coats. You'll never be cold at matches again with this...

http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/rugby/mens-leinster-padded-jacket/invt/55909822

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

molloyjh wrote: »
    Here you go. From personal experience I can tell you that this thing is the s**t in terms of good coats. You'll never be cold at matches again with this...

http://www.lifestylesports.com/en/restofworld/rugby/mens-leinster-padded-jacket/invt/55909822

Is the small a small small? Like would it fit a very slim woman?

Feckit you've me spending even more now, but I might look like a legit supporter as I've no shirt!

I think I'll go for the silver for the two of us, having the tickets will motivate us to actually go into the matches.

Don't they (the season tickets) a bit more access to other tickets as well, like away or special home games?

Yeah you get priority access to things like knock-out games. Plus all the A games in Donnybrook are free in with it. And you get other bits like money off in Lifestyle etc.

You get early access to tickets for Aviva games and away games.

You also get Lifestyle sports discount (10%) and a goody bag.

Feckit you've me spending even more now, but I might look like a legit supporter as I've no shirt!

It's very long and it's mens sizing so I'd say no.

If you have a proper outdoor coat you'll be better off.

If you want to look like a legit supporter buy a wax cowboy hat.

• Advertisement

Depends on height I suppose. They are quite a big fit. Sure pop into a Lifestyle and check one out. I honestly love my one. Stood there in December at the Connacht game with only a shirt on me and the coat open and wasn't a bit cold. Best bit of merchandise I've bought (and I've bought a bit!).

I'll go try it on in Lifestyle.

Wtf is a wax cowboy hat?

I'll go try it on in Lifestyle.

Wtf is a wax cowboy hat?

welland-wax-hat.jpg

welland-wax-hat.jpg

The Oh has one of those.

I turned it into a dog toy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

Can't say I'm too despondent about the HEC draw, I wouldn't have given us much chance of winning it anyway and if we're out early it's no disaster, we'd be able to focus on the league and possible seeding for the following season when we should be able to mount a good challenge. As it is we've some cracking matchups to look forward to next season and if we do manage to get out of the group the momentum we'd get from it could be huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

I know the transition has been hard on you.
    But we're talking about Leeeeeiiiinster, not Uuuullllster. No cowboys here

I do know that the Akubra is a feature of a certain section of supporters, but that doesn't support my "joke"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

dub_skav wrote: »
    I know the transition has been hard on you.
    But we're talking about Leeeeeiiiinster, not Uuuullllster. No cowboys here

I do know that the Akubra is a feature of a certain section of supporters, but that doesn't support my "joke"

Ulster supporters refer to Leinster fans as Mexicans or variations thereof (south of the border...)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Ulster supporters refer to Leinster fans as Mexicans or variations thereof (south of the border...)

00ddce11eb42d72fd22ab4b7d9875eea4419fd39916dbe8dd946dfe8558ec180.jpg

shuffol wrote: »
    Can't say I'm too despondent about the HEC draw, I wouldn't have given us much chance of winning it anyway and if we're out early it's no disaster, we'd be able to focus on the league and possible seeding for the following season when we should be able to mount a good challenge. As it is we've some cracking matchups to look forward to next season and if we do manage to get out of the group the momentum we'd get from it could be huge.

I got a text off my dad saying "At least we get a crack at Toulon in Dublin".

Too right. Silver lining.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,260 ✭✭✭slingerz

tough draw for Leinster but still at least you've 3 top class home fixtures and the option of a nice trip to Toulon or Bath. Wouldnt fancy going to Coventry myself!!

With Sexton back i actually think Leinster will be very competitive in the pool. If they can beat Toulon in Dublin that would go a long way as you'd have to back them to beat Bath & Wasps in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

slingerz wrote: »
    Wouldnt fancy going to Coventry myself!!

Twas grand, we stayed in Birmingham city centre and got the train up to Coventry, free bus transfer laid on by Wasps, the Ricoh has great facilities and the Club put on a great welcome. They kept the free buses going for hours after so we got back to Brum handily.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Twas grand, we stayed in Birmingham city centre and got the train up to Coventry, free bus transfer laid on by Wasps, the Ricoh has great facilities and the Club put on a great welcome. They kept the free buses going for hours after so we got back to Brum handily.

fair play that does so very decent alright but i just get the feeling that Bath would have a better atompshere for a game than Coventry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭sydneybound

Tickets for Bath V Leinster will be very difficult to come by. They sell out their league games while a big game against Leinster will sell out in no time as the stadium only holds 13,500. Bath is a beautiful city but I'm thinking about Wasps and Toulon away.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

fair play that does so very decent alright but i just get the feeling that Bath would have a better atompshere for a game than Coventry
    Bath is a beatiful town with a great nightlift (due to students) and the Rec is right in the centre, should be a class away game.

Coventry is not somewhere I would have any great desire to stick around after the match (having been there for wasps game).

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I could definitely do with a nightlift, sounds extremely enjoyable

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I love the Bath fixture. Great place to spend a couple of days and the fans are extremely nice.
    They're all old fogies though! :p
    Tickets for Bath V Leinster will be very difficult to come by. They sell out their league games while a big game against Leinster will sell out in no time as the stadium only holds 13,500. Bath is a beautiful city but I'm thinking about Wasps and Toulon away.

25% of the capacity has to be allocated to away fans for the European games. Even back in the 2011-2012 season when we were at our peak, the away allocation didn't sell out.
    I reckon that any Leinster fan who is determined to go to the game will be able to get a ticket.

Heroditas wrote: »
    I love the Bath fixture. Great place to spend a couple of days and the fans are extremely nice.
    They're all old fogies though! :p

25% of the capacity has to be allocated to away fans for the European games. Even back in the 2011-2012 season when we were at our peak, the away allocation didn't sell out.
    I reckon that any Leinster fan who is determined to go to the game will be able to get a ticket.

its 10% for the group stages, 25% for a quarter final

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

its 10% for the group stages, 25% for a quarter final

Is it? If so, I stand corrected.
    Still, even in 2011, tickets were handy to get for the trip to Bath.

Have had a good few people on about going to Toulon so I'd say that's a dead cert of a trip.

Bath could be a runner depending on how they are spaced as don't want to take th piss on the misses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

don't want to take th piss on the misses.

Teeheehee

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement