Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

That guy looks like the guy I saw looking at houses in Dundrum the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭jm08

Ah now you're just making stuff up.

I'd need some imagination to make that one up.

Murray saw the circulated email about the Munster players and wrote about it in thescore.

It was given to him by Munster/IRFU with the permission of the players involved, presumably to stop some of the wilder speculation as to the contents of the email.

jm08 wrote: »

Murray saw the circulated email about the Munster players and wrote about it in thescore.

It was given to him by Munster/IRFU with the permission of the players involved, presumably to stop some of the wilder speculation as to the contents of the email.

Can you explain how you haven't made up the bolded bit?

Nah I actually heard it as well. It was from the same guy who said that Paulie had it in his contract that he wouldn't play against Munster so must be true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

He might have written about it but Brendan Fanning broke the story in the Sindo. Kinsella had no inside info.

This is a complete fiction. You just made that up. I have no idea why.

• Advertisement

He might have written about it but Brendan Fanning broke the story in the Sindo. Kinsella had no inside info.

This is a complete fiction. You just made that up. I have no idea why.

Fanning broke the story. After the story broke there was wild speculation as to the contents of the email with one or two screen snaps of some of the players doing the rounds.

Murray was given the full thing AFTER the story broke. If I had time now I would look it up as Murray said he had seen the full email and had been given it by MR with agreement of players to try and stop some of the wild speculation that was doing the rounds.

Murray duly wrote an article for the Score - its there somewhere if you have the time to look.

As far as I can recall he declared that in the article he wrote.

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Argument is insane. Move on please.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Kind of ironic that Johnny Kirwan is a 'Sir' due to services to mental health and rugby.

Imagine what his rugby would do to our mental health.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

That's a new one on me too. Not bad...

molloyjh wrote: »
    That's a new one on me too. Not bad...

I bought it in a snap decision. I prefer the classic style jerseys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

OMG these "tackle trunks" are gas.

Who wouldn't want a great big 'LEINSTER' slapped across the back of your arse?

I have also bought those...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Ha! I just pulled the trigger too. The girlfriend will be grossed out.

Isn't fat at least...

10371534_10153969143919638_3224032867925878844_n.jpg?oh=1be14e2a2c78f6c5ccb3a8eb8d94c2e1&oe=562A0572

Teferi wrote: »
    Ha! I just pulled the trigger too. The girlfriend will be grossed out.

she will be when I turn up in mine in any case!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Apparently cathal marsh to connacht so they say Byrne and Crosbie for leinster for a lot of next season. From LF

Going to be a tough season

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Apparently cathal marsh to connacht so they say Byrne and Crosbie for leinster for a lot of next season. From LF

I'm trying to think of it the other way around, having just given over an entire season to a sub-par aging NIQ at 10 (with nothing to show for it), we're going to see some young Irish players get a chance to develop. It's likely that neither of the guys you mentioned are going to immediately tear it up, but the gametime will stand to them and hopefully put Leinster in a decent spot for the coming seasons.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Picked it up in Lifestyle a couple of weeks back. Great shirt!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭armchaircoach

ssaye2 wrote: »

This would be madness if true. We'd be risking giving away the first 5 or 6 games of the season. The season could be over before Johny ever sets foot on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

This would be madness if true. We'd be risking giving away the first 5 or 6 games of the season. The season could be over before Johny ever sets foot on the pitch.

Marsh has had a few years to break through and hasn't done it. Don't think it's certain at all that he'd be a better option than Byrne.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Wonder if we'll see Ringrose get a shot. My gut says no because we have Te'o, one of the few backs to actually threaten last season, playing in the same spot. I'd like to see us give the young fella a chance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭bradders90

Clegg wrote: »
    Wonder if we'll see Ringrose get a shot. My gut says no because we have Te'o, one of the few backs to actually threaten last season, playing in the same spot. I'd like to see us give the young fella a chance though.

If he doesn't it will be a travesty, an amazing talent, look at other outstanding u20s: nick tompkins, joe marchant, tevita li, dafydd howells all get pro club/region game time. Even Sam Arnold (who is extremely promising i might add) who is only u19 has already made 2 - 1 start - Ulster appearances. If people want Ringrose to be as good as he can be then he needs to start getting decent gametime, or leaave. Simple as. I think it is good that MOC has left in this respect as he didn't seem to trust youth at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

bradders90 wrote: »
    If he doesn't it will be a travesty, an amazing talent, look at other outstanding u20s: nick tompkins, joe marchant, tevita li, dafydd howells all get pro club/region game time. Even Sam Arnold (who is extremely promising i might add) who is only u19 has already made 2 - 1 start - Ulster appearances. If people want Ringrose to be as good as he can be then he needs to start getting decent gametime, or leaave. Simple as. I think it is good that MOC has left in this respect as he didn't seem to trust youth at all

He's 19 or 20 and he looks like he weighs about 13 stone dripping wet so no not really. Saying XYZ player got gametime at the same age is meaningless. Arnold is 19 but he's seriously powerful, much more so than Ringrose, which clearly gives him an advantage in stepping up to pro rugby. I'd like to see Ringrose get a shot for sure but this isn't a make or break season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Clegg wrote: »

T'eo can't play every minute of every game and hope to be fit going into the European matches, that said though, I don't think physically ringrose isn't physically big enough yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

bradders90 wrote: »
    Ringrose doesn't look that ready physically for pro rugby yet. All of the guys you name have been involved in a professional rugby set up a good bit more than the likes of Ringrose and other irish guys. Ringrose has 2 years out of school and in an academy while the guys like Tompkins, Merchant et al have considerable more time spent as a professional athlete.
    What would you consider to be decent game time for the lad?
    Until the schools(and clubs) roles are changed in relation to players before they join academies as full members nothing will change in terms of how players get game time with the provinces in pro12 etc. Sam Arnold is an exile who was involved in pro set ups in England before he moved to Ulster's full academy so is different to majority in irish academies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Ringrose? Really?

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

He'll probably be pretty late back to preseason anyway, no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

matthew8 wrote: »
    Marsh has had a few years to break through and hasn't done it. Don't think it's certain at all that he'd be a better option than Byrne.

Agree with the above, If I had a choice I would take Byrne all day

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement