Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

molloyjh wrote: »
    I have it on very reliable authority that the new jersey will be very similar to the new Irish one. So once we see the Irish one next week we'll pretty much know what it'll look like.

Confirmed. El Molloy is designing the jerseys under his Jolly Hipster brand. Every 5th or so Jersey will be slightly altered to keep them "original" and shorts have been replaced by "skinny three quarter length playing garments".

Here is a leaked image of Sean O'Brien modelling the new gear:

qTrDcdz.jpg

For every Jersey bought Leinster will be donating €1 to Oxfabulous which is a charity dedicated to improving fashion standards in Africa.

If you purchase your jersey in Lifestyle sports you will get a voucher for a free mocha chai frappa latte in the Bald Barrista.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Actually I heard this is the new hipster kit...

20100823_055410924_20100805_101942873_french_rugby_player_19001.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Actually I heard this is the new hipster kit...

20100823_055410924_20100805_101942873_french_rugby_player_19001.jpg

That exact facial hair is mandatory. Jamie is absolutely loving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

.ak wrote: »
    I'm amazed at you all, I really am.

It's almost halfway through summer and not one of you have discussed the new jersey and how outraged you'll be when it's revealed?

You've changed.

The last two times have been so disappointing, I've given up expecting to be inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,359 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Havnt been too happy with the last two seasons jerseys, I think CCC have taken their eye off the ball jersey wise although to be fair the other gear has been top notch.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

salmocab wrote: »
    Havnt been too happy with the last two seasons jerseys, I think CCC have taken their eye off the ball jersey wise although to be fair the other gear has been top notch.

Not enough unicorn jizz.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

awec wrote: »
    Not enough unicorn jizz.

The away version of the unicorn jizz was top notch, I regret not buying one when it was out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

Wait, am I missing something here? Douglas isn't in the 31 man squad for the SA test.

He made the extended squad but didn't make the final squad, why call him up and cause grief? Or has he not linked up yet?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,596 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No players were released. They're all still part of the overall squad and still train as part of the squad.

Theta wrote: »
    Wait, am I missing something here? Douglas isn't in the 31 man squad for the SA test.

He made the extended squad but didn't make the final squad, why call him up and cause grief? Or has he not linked up yet?

I'd say there just want him in the picture, just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

Feel like I'm repeating myself but unless Douglas gets out of his Leinster contract Australia is not going to break its own new guidelines to include him in their squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Theta wrote: »

He hasn't linked up yet, trained with Leinster all week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Shane Monahan claims he might be coming here as RWC cover:
    http://www.the42.ie/shane-monahan-gloucester-exit-2207957-Jul2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So Douglas has announced that he's actively looking to get released....not sure what that ultimately will mean. Who in Oz is going to pay for that?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0710/713844-homesick-douglas/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Well, one way or the other he's finished here. Whether they get paid off or just release him, Leinster won't have him on the books next season.

Somewhat convenient that his homesickness coincides with his call-up to the Wallabies, but maybe I'm just too jaded and cynical.

F**k's sake anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

So Douglas has announced that he's actively looking to get released....not sure what that ultimately will mean. Who in Oz is going to pay for that?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2015/0710/713844-homesick-douglas/

Am not impressed at all by that. If he had said it during the course of last season or more appropriately shortly after the season was over then fair enough but that he only says after he's been called up to the Wallabies squad and presumably with the ban on him playing international rugby whilst not playing for an Aussie team uppermost in his mind stinks IMO.

Yup. Hopefully we can get some cash for him, but if his head and heart are already at home, then the only real conclusion is that we're not going to get from him what we need.

Now, any ideas about a second row on short notice ?

brad-thorn-blue-12.jpg?w=584

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well, one way or the other he's finished here. Whether they get paid off or just release him, Leinster won't have him on the books next season.

Somewhat convenient that his homesickness coincides with his call-up to the Wallabies, but maybe I'm just too jaded and cynical.

F**k's sake anyway.
    I'd say its a combination of call-up and Leinster not setting the world alight. Homesickness? I don't think so.

Sangre wrote: »
    I'd say its a combination of call-up and Leinster not setting the world alight. Homesickness? I don't think so.

Not to play devils advocate and am as disappointed as anyone but I had heard during the season that he had struggled to settle in and I think the misses wasn't mad on Ireland either. Back in February I heard the word "homesickness" used so I think it's at least partially true.

Absolute best we will get out of this is maybe a bit of background help from Cheika to get one or two lads over for cover but even that's a long shot.

I think the Douglas experiment has to go down as probably an expensive failure.

I think the Douglas experiment has to go down as probably an expensive failure.

Another one bites the dust!

I blame Malcolm O'Kelly tbh. He set the standards too high.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

F**k's sake anyway.
    To be fair it also happens to coincide with his fiance's pregnancy. I'm definitely not willing to jump to conclusions on this one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭Swiwi.

The expats' Leinster supporters' club. Oh wait, all the money was spent on getting MOC out.

I jest, molloy, I jest.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Toner, McCarthy, Kearney and Denton to hold down the fort? I'm not sure if that's enough.

Douglas barely made an impact for his profile/calibre of player so if Leinster can get paid a fee then I would take it. Douglas no longer wants to be here so there is no point attempting to keep him.

Toner, McCarthy, Kearney and Denton to hold down the fort? I'm not sure if that's enough.

Douglas barely made an impact for his profile/calibre of player so if Leinster can get paid a fee then I would take it.

Toner wont be around for much of the season either!

Think we've 3 academy locks too that we want to get exposure, however it still looks a little lean up there!

I wonder might Douglas meet us in the middle and do another season whilst we find a replacement.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

**** it anyway. We can add him to the ridiculously large pile of foreign second rows that haven't worked out so.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Pretty annoyed with him. If he wants out, fair enough but going public with a sob story is unprofessional. Suck it up, deal with it with the powers that be and come to an agreement.

If the ARU can't afford his release, they're laughing now because Leinster are in an impossible position and their bargaining stance has been completely eroded.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

On a scale of Sykes to Thorn he was roughly in the middle.

Just let the lads up north know we're ready to take Alan O'Conner back now, cheers for minding him.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

What is everyone getting upset about? He was dreadful. Dont let the door bang your arse on the way out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,893 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

What is everyone getting upset about? He was dreadful. Dont let the door bang your arse on the way out.

He wasn't dreadful, though he wasn't great. He showed signs of the player he could be though and would have been improved this year after a bit of a lay-off I think.

Also it's just annoying, Leinster will struggle to replace him at this point and it certainly has the appearance of him just wanting to play for Aus in the world cup which is poor form.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement