Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,832 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

But... are you... you can't be... he's a total... noooooooooooo

Why don't we take Kiss and send Deccie up to Kingsmill Park?

I'm happy with Kiss.

Leinster should be delighted to land themselves a former international coach in Kidney if it happened. He has more pedigree than most of the names thrown about. He could also mentor Dempsey and Cullen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

awec wrote: »
    I'm happy with Kiss.

Leinster should be delighted to land themselves a former international coach in Kidney if it happened. He has more pedigree than most of the names thrown about. He could also mentor Dempsey and Cullen.

Can't tell if serious....

On the off-chance you are - just no. I can't think of anyone worse or less suited, I'd let Darragh Fanning be player-coach before I'd hire Kidney.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

But... are you... you can't be... he's a total...

legend? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

I'd let Darragh Fanning be player-coach before I'd hire Kidney.

The GOAT would be an awesome player-coach in fairness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I'd like to see Declan Kidney get a shot. Has a point to prove post-Ireland, is familiar with Leinster (both on and off the field) and he himself is a backs coach.

Currently unemployed (in pro rugby) and wouldn't command a bumper salary so he's actually the perfect fit. Would send a strong message to the rest of the league that Leinster are not quite ready to slip off into the shadows.

It ain't going to happen.

The week before Leinster played Leicester in a HEC QF it was pretty well known that he was leaving, think of how harmful that is to a big game preparation, and the next week he signed for Munster, which was also pretty well known. For whatever reason it happened it was handled so badly that I think there was no coming back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

sydthebeat wrote: »
    I was disappointed with many, many, many leinster players last season.......

While that may be true, a lot of Leinster's frontliners had decent-ish seasons from a playing perspective and I certainly didn't see the likes of Heaslip, SOB, Toner, McGrath, Moore, Ruddock, Cronin, Murphy, Kearney, even Ross draw that much criticism. The half-backs were criticised a lot but I think I expected Douglas to bring a bit of dog to the pack and it never really happened.

I'd like to see Declan Kidney get a shot. Has a point to prove post-Ireland, is familiar with Leinster (both on and off the field) and he himself is a backs coach.

Currently unemployed (in pro rugby) and wouldn't command a bumper salary so he's actually the perfect fit. Would send a strong message to the rest of the league that Leinster are not quite ready to slip off into the shadows.

I think I enjoyed that this was taken seriously more than the post itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Look here, it is still early and I have just logged on and I'm nursing a bit of a hangover.........and I read this! Ugh - NO!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

But... are you... you can't be... he's a total... noooooooooooo

Why don't we take Kiss and send Deccie up to Kingsmill Park?
    He wouldn't come now that paddy Wallace has retired.

CatFromHue wrote: »
    It ain't going to happen.

The week before Leinster played Leicester in a HEC QF it was pretty well known that he was leaving, think of how harmful that is to a big game preparation, and the next week he signed for Munster, which was also pretty well known. For whatever reason it happened it was handled so badly that I think there was no coming back.
    All water under the bridge at this stage. He would be the man to turn Leinster from a mid table team to one able to get into the playoffs.

And you'd play some nice rugby in the process.

• Advertisement

jacothelad wrote: »
    He wouldn't come now that paddy Wallace has retired.

But maybe the prospect of completing the transformation of Jonny Sexton to inside centre might tempt him? Unfinished business like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

All water under the bridge at this stage. He would be the man to turn Leinster from a mid table team to one able to get into the playoffs.

That's better, now I know for certain you're taking the piss.

stephen_n wrote: »
    [/B]

That's better, now I know for certain you're taking the piss.

He would.

Leinster have a strong pack and a good 10. Ok the 9 is just alright, but that is more than enough to implement a strong 10 man game.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

He would.

Leinster have a strong pack and a good 10. Ok the 9 is just alright, but that is more than enough to implement a strong 10 man game.

You're really confusing me because I was assuming deadpan but no, no, no! When did Kidney ever have his teams play attractive rugby? I grant you Leinster have a pack easily comparable to the Munster pack that Kidney won his Heiniken cups with but the game has moved well on since then and he has proven he can't.

stephen_n wrote: »
    You're really confusing me because I was assuming deadpan but no, no, no! When did Kidney ever have his teams play attractive rugby? I grant you Leinster have a pack easily comparable to the Munster pack that Kidney won his Heiniken cups with but the game has moved well on since then and he has proven he can't.

Maybe it's time for Leinster to go back to basics? Front up! Put the ball up the jumper.

Kidney is your man. He's especially good at working with plucky underdogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

:D

I'd reiterate my point about Leinster taking Kiss and sending Kidney north.

We need a coach to get the backs working, they need a coach who might be able to win a knockout game.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He's especially good at working with plucky underdogs.

Ulster it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I've never tried banning another mod for trolling....

First time for everything I guess!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

.ak wrote: »

No point, I'll unban him. Far too entertaining... :D

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »

Yeah .ak - he deserves a red card almost as much as the one Payne got for taking Goode out in the air.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

I cant tell if its trolls trolling trolls, does anyone seriously believe the Kidney shout was serious, c'mon, it's boards.ie, not boards.com

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

Yeah .ak - he deserves a red card almost as much as the one Payne got for taking Goode out in the air.

Or the red card Tom Court got for his tackle on Toner...
    Or the red card Iain Henderson got against Munster...

So many red cards.

As a Leinster season ticket holder and therefore a member of the OLSC I feel it is my duty to speak on what I believe is the best future for Leinster rugby and right now that is Declan Kidney. People may scoff, but that's how it is.

People need to look beyond his very subtle and minor shortcomings and realise that there is a world class coach sitting twiddling his thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

He would.

Maybe it's time for Leinster to go back to basics? Front up! Put the ball up the jumper.

Kidney is your man. He's especially good at working with plucky underdogs.
    As a Leinster season ticket holder and therefore a member of the OLSC I feel it is my duty to speak on what I believe is the best future for Leinster rugby and right now that is Declan Kidney. People may scoff, but that's how it is.

People need to look beyond his very subtle and minor shortcomings and realise that there is a world class coach sitting twiddling his thumbs.

o2rov.jpg

Here lads, I've a dead horse here, not sure if my flogging technique is correct and ye seem to know a thing or two. Any tips?

Here lads, I've a dead horse here, not sure if my flogging technique is correct and ye seem to know a thing or two. Any tips?

You shouldn't be so dismissive.

Do you think you're a better fan than me or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Have you tried playing it in the RWC quarter final against Wales?

Oh no I didn't!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Zzippy wrote: »
    No point, I'll unban him. Far too entertaining... :D

Clash of The Mod Titans

I bags the movie rights

• Advertisement

Clash of The Mod Titans

RELEASE THE ZIPPY

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement