Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Always jealous of the Leinster gear, always looks way nicer than the Ulster stuff. Our team wear, kits aside, is always pathetic.

awec wrote: »
    Always jealous of the Leinster gear, always looks way nicer than the Ulster stuff. Our team wear, kits aside, is always pathetic.

Really? I like the Ulster gear, the red looks striking and goes well with all the cards ye get...!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I really don't like the lack of a collar and the white shoulders. Not a chance I'd buy that tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The white shoulders help if you've dandruff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

There are only so many shades of white....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tbh I'll be happy when Canterbury stop the v neck fad. Our team's new kit will be similar to these this year so interesting to see if the v neck helps... I imagine it doesn't make a blind bit of difference and is just a marketing gimmick so it'll evolve away from that soon enough

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

There are only so many shades of white....

The Ulster team wear isn't white. It's usually black/red.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

When will the team for Friday night be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

This year is the best year for provincial jerseys in a long time, but I actually think the Ulster kit is the nicest, it's so clean and natural. If it didn't have kingspan on it, I'd buy it. (But I limit myself to one jersey a year, and I am buying the Scotland world cup jersey).

600400p793EDNMainkit600.jpg

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I don't mean our kit, I mean all the rest of the gear. Tracksuit tops, training tees, polos, jackets etc. Ours are always hideous.

Look at the state of this horse blanket :o

Mens_3colour_cotton_polo_front_grande.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,597 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Jesus, is like something you'd see on a supermacs worker

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I don't mean our kit, I mean all the rest of the gear. Tracksuit tops, training tees, polos, jackets etc. Ours are always hideous.

Look at the state of this horse blanket :o

All right I'll admit it, that has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

This thread suddenly feels very cheap...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Cullen officially becoming coach today the Indo reports.

Yay... I guess... :(

Well, here's to hoping he surprises us all.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,597 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

at this stage im 100% behind him. i honestly do not think performances can be as bad as last year, and i believe the whole coaching ticket is actually well balanced and strong in their relevant positions.

but it is cautious optimism

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    at this stage im 100% behind him. i honestly do not think performances can be as bad as last year, and i believe the whole coaching ticket is actually well balanced and strong in their relevant positions.

but it is cautious optimism

I'd say I'm nervously excited. There's a lot of the raw elements there to make it work so it could be a success. I wonder will they be announcing a backs coach today then too? I'm assuming not.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Cullen officially becoming coach today the Indo reports.

Well I'm hopeful rather than optimistic, but will certainly get behind this coaching ticket.

Plop! Season ticket just came through the letterbox and landed on the mat! Here we go!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

It'll be interesting to see how things go alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'd say I'm nervously excited. There's a lot of the raw elements there to make it work so it could be a success. I wonder will they be announcing a backs coach today then too? I'm assuming not.

No, but it seems like according to that article the plan is for Richie Murphy to take the job as backs coach after the World Cup with Dempsey keeping it until then.

That'll be disappointing, to say the least. Wish Murphy would just be full time with Ireland... I also think Girve is a better backs coach.

Also there's talk of Kurt leaving Leinster to take over Kiss's role in Ireland.

I'm defo not optimistic about this season in terms of the management side of things. Our coaching ticket is far too chop n' change.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »

I'm defo not optimistic about this season in terms of the management side of things. Our coaching ticket is far too chop n' change.

Kurt with Ireland? That's potentially very very good!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

vienne86 wrote: »
    Plop! Season ticket just came through the letterbox and landed on the mat! Here we go!.

Did the letter state what date it was sent out at? I recently needed to change address. So may need to arrange a pickup of one before the first game.

Kurt with Ireland? That's potentially very very good!

For Ireland, yes. For us, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

No, but it seems like according to that article the plan is for Richie Murphy to take the job as backs coach after the World Cup with Dempsey keeping it until then.

Has Richie ever been a backs coach anywhere? I know he has been a bit more than just a skills and kicking coach at Leinster and Ireland and has been talking about moving into other roles but as far as I'm aware he's never been a backs coach before.

If this turns out to be true then I'd be even more worried tbh. A head coach who has never been a head coach, a defence coach who hasn't coached in years, a scrum coach who has never coached at this level and a backs coach who has never been a backs coach? A lot of raw elements there but not a whole lot of experience....
    .ak wrote: »

Is there? According to the Indo he'll be signing with Leinster for 2 years. Where are you hearing that?

molloyjh wrote: »

Is there? According to the Indo he'll be signing with Leinster for 2 years. Where are you hearing that?

The interwebs... I've heard it a few times now.

At the moment it's completely baseless, and I'd be somewhat surprised... but Ireland do need a new defence coach...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Joe Schmidt is more likely to continue without a backs coach than bring in McQuilkin, it's just a baseless rumour.

EDIT: Defense coach I should say

• Advertisement

Did the letter state what date it was sent out at? I recently needed to change address. So may need to arrange a pickup of one before the first game.

No sign of a date I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement