Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I've just returned to the southside after being exiled in the northside for the last 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

I've just returned to the southside after being exiled in the northside for the last 7 years.

The North remembers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Season ticket arrived....in terrace again this season....happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Stheno wrote: »
    In a few years I might well be jaded about it all, but it's exciting to have season tickets after following leinster via the telly for years :)

Live rugby is so much better than watching on the telly, you can't beat going to a live game. Enjoy the season, well, except when we come to Dublin and beat ye!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Season ticket holder gameday essentials:

South Stand:
    official-leinster-ru-286a2.jpgKINGREAL-375x500.jpg

North Stand:
    55909822medium.jpgtayto-1.jpg

East and West stands:
    akubra%20hats%20the%20territory.jpg161712-prawn650.jpg

Terrace:
    9300830017164_LL_1.jpg560251.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

What about THE CANS in the terrace?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Security have been taking them off people a lot throughout last season.

• Administrators Posts: 53,836 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Security have been taking them off people a lot throughout last season.

If security don't want people taking cans in then the RDS need to stop charging 5.80 a pint!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

awec wrote: »
    If security don't want people taking cans in then the RDS need to stop charging 5.80 a pint!

HOW MUCH??? :eek:

Zzippy wrote: »
    HOW MUCH??? :eek:

It was 5.80 last season for a pint. Complete joke, and no wonder people bring their own cans.

That is even more expensive than Dublin pubs.

• Advertisement

pssst, bring rum or whiskey.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,605 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

according to
    http://www.balls.ie/rugby/take-the-worlds-hardest-leinster-rugby-quiz-to-win-a-huge-prize/305536

D'arcy isnt currently a contacted player with leinster.... is that correct? what about cover till after the RWC?

i believe its madigans who run the bars in the RDS

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

sydthebeat wrote: »
    according to
    http://www.balls.ie/rugby/take-the-worlds-hardest-leinster-rugby-quiz-to-win-a-huge-prize/305536

D'arcy isnt currently a contacted player with leinster.... is that correct? what about cover till after the RWC?

He's always been technically contracted by IRFU under a central contract... so it's true. But I think if he doesn't make the 31 and he's asked to help out at Leinster during the RWC I'm sure he will.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

South Stand:
    snpa_cans.jpg

North Stand:
    heineken_can.gif

East and West Stands:
    moet_imperial_snipe_2_5.png

Terrace:
    097f07f67a1da8fe6a614197df6429e5.jpg

.ak wrote: »
    He's always been technically contracted by IRFU under a central contract... so it's true. But I think if he doesn't make the 31 and he's asked to help out at Leinster during the RWC I'm sure he will.

one of the last questions was which current leinster player has the most international appearances... reddan, kirchner, darcy or heaslip

it gives the answer as heaslip ahead of darcy because darcy isnt currently contracted.

i dont think darcy has been centrally contracted since the end of 2014? or did he get a 1 year extension?

heaslip is also centrally contracted.

When is the squad due to be updated on the website? That'll put the debate to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    i believe its madigans who run the bars in the RDS

Really? Where did you hear this? Madigans give discounts to STHs and the bars in the RDS sure as hell don't. I thought the bars were run by the RDS themselves? The stock answer from Leinster either way is that they have no control over the price of drink in the stadium. I haven't gotten any use out of the bars there in the last 2-3 years now. And the queues for the bars are undoubtedly a lot shorter.Whatever they must be making on the additional cost they are surely losing a few times over on reduced custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

molloyjh wrote: »
    Really? Where did you hear this? Madigans give discounts to STHs and the bars in the RDS sure as hell don't. I thought the bars were run by the RDS themselves? The stock answer from Leinster either way is that they have no control over the price of drink in the stadium. I haven't gotten any use out of the bars there in the last 2-3 years now. And the queues for the bars are undoubtedly a lot shorter.Whatever they must be making on the additional cost they are surely losing a few times over on reduced custom.

The RDS definitely license it out to someone in return for concession income.

molloyjh wrote: »

a good friend of mine works in the bar there, its the same set up for practically all the RDS events.

• Advertisement

I think the Laighin Out bar is cheaper than the actual RDS bars. The one facing the Anglesea Road whose name i forget might be cheaper too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Kevin McLaughlin will captain Leinster during the WC in Heaslip's absence.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Hagz wrote: »
    Kevin McLaughlin will captain Leinster during the WC in Heaslip's absence.

Interesting. Will Ruddock be back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Anyone listen to the Madigan interview on off the ball? He talks about the famous "game management" problem he seemingly has, well according to the press

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Interesting. Will Ruddock be back?

I suppose they might be choosing from a list of guys they are certain wont be involved in the World Cup, whereas Ruddock could come back and then be called up to replace an injury.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

I suppose they might be choosing from a list of guys they are certain wont be involved in the World Cup, whereas Ruddock could come back and then be called up to replace an injury.

Perhaps. If Ruddock was back I wouldn't consider it beyond the bounds of possibility that McLaughlin wouldn't even make the starting team though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Hasn't been any mention of Ruddock anywhere, I reckon he's still out. I think if he was fit he might even have been called up to national training when TOD dropped out.

In happier news, I saw Aaron Dundon pictured at training the other day so he's obviously still around.

Hasn't been any mention of Ruddock anywhere, I reckon he's still out. I think if he was fit he might even have been called up to national training when TOD dropped out.

In happier news, I saw Aaron Dundon pictured at training the other day so he's obviously still around.

I'd be surprised if he's not back soon enough. It's a fractured arm that happened 2 months ago, it's very rare for it to take much longer than that. Also because it's an arm injury he can do a lot of running as part of his rehab.

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Anyone listen to the Madigan interview on off the ball? He talks about the famous "game management" problem he seemingly has, well according to the press

He does have a game management problem. That's the biggest weakness of his game. Obviously he's not going to sit there and agree with it, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist, it's certainly there and it's certainly the reason he was unable to nail down a starting position for Leinster when handed a golden opportunity with the departure of Sexton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He does have a game management problem. That's the biggest weakness of his game. Obviously he's not going to sit there and agree with it, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist, it's certainly there and it's certainly the reason he was unable to nail down a starting position for Leinster when handed a golden opportunity with the departure of Sexton.

He got a bit defensive about it AFAIK, asking the media to define what game management was and then suggesting that people were far too focused on kicking into the corners because of ROG and his skills in that area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement