Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

durkadurka wrote: »
    I missed Johnny and his scrunched up face

cotton-hill.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Time for a new avatar I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

haiyna wrote: »
    Tried on the new home jersey in Lifestyle Sports today and I really liked it! In my opinion it is one of the best that Leinster have ever had and it fits really well too. However I'll have to wait until I get my season ticket pack so I can use the voucher from it on the jersey....

If you have a season ticket from last year then Lifestyle in Blanch accepted that for 10%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

.ak wrote: »
    Sometimes I need things like this to make me get over Tuesdays.

15303.jpg14900.jpg
    molloyjh wrote: »
    Seeing that picture makes me even happier than Johnny looks there.

Its the smug grin of a man thinking "Back. And I dodged the O'Connor years".

Isa reads the grin, and realises "Crikey, me too".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Charlie Rock is indeed in the academy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

D'arcy and Reddan's pics haven't been updated? Kirchner's too but he's in SA so that makes sense.

Also look like Mick has driven a wedge between Dave and Rob Kearney!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    D'arcy and Reddan's pics haven't been updated? Kirchner's too but he's in SA so that makes sense.

Also look like Mick has driven a wedge between Dave and Rob Kearney!

I'd say it's difficult to get all of the guys down to take snaps in the gear between holidays, Ireland camps, other work commitments etc.

They still have D'arcy's beard up so I'm happy.

So anyway, amidst the RWC furore, we're now merely 9 days away from the start of the Pro12 season for Leinster and, sweet Jesus, I need to look at something that isn't the RWC squad on here.

I'm assuming that anyone that has been with the Irish panel constantly (and doesn't make the RWC squad), won't be involved in the opener. That still leaves scope for someone like Reid or Conan who were released back for a spell but may omit the likes of McFadden.

Edinburgh away as a season opener has banana skin written all over it. It's a game we'd be expecting a win in if it was in 8 weeks but as a first game it's a coin toss, to my mind. They had a comfortable win over Romania last weekend which was a good win for them.

I'd be hoping we'd see something along the lines of: Nacewa, Fanning, Te'o, Reid, McGrath, Marsh, McGrath, Conan, Ryan, McLaughlin, Denton, McCarthy, Hagan, Byrne, Dooley

With something along the lines of COS, Crosbie/Byrne, Boss/McCarthy, Leavy, Moloney, RBF, Byrne, Tracy

So... What you're really trying to say is ... Boss is going to start because Marmion pushed him out of the RWC squad?

:pac:

So... What you're really trying to say is ... Boss is going to start because Marmion pushed him out of the RWC squad?

:pac:

My kingdom for a mod position right now.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see McGrath (Mick) to be given another shot at the jersey, but I can't see McFadden being sidelined, even if he isn't currently with the squad.

Also, don't think we'll win away to Edinburgh... But then I'm used to us having a poor start, it won't be panic stations, and we're always liable to come away from edinburgh with very few points if any.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Buer wrote: »
    So anyway, amidst the RWC furore, we're now merely 9 days away from the start of the Pro12 season for Leinster and, sweet Jesus, I need to look at something that isn't the RWC squad on here.

I'm assuming that anyone that has been with the Irish panel constantly (and doesn't make the RWC squad), won't be involved in the opener. That still leaves scope for someone like Reid or Conan who were released back for a spell but may omit the likes of McFadden.

Edinburgh away as a season opener has banana skin written all over it. It's a game we'd be expecting a win in if it was in 8 weeks but as a first game it's a coin toss, to my mind. They had a comfortable win over Romania last weekend which was a good win for them.

I'd be hoping we'd see something along the lines of: Nacewa, Fanning, Te'o, Reid, McGrath, Marsh, McGrath, Conan, Ryan, McLaughlin, Denton, McCarthy, Hagan, Byrne, Dooley

With something along the lines of COS, Crosbie/Byrne, Boss/McCarthy, Leavy, Moloney, RBF, Byrne, Tracy

Anyone know the extent of Ed Byrnes injury from last week? I'll hazard a guess at:

Dooley Byrne Hagan
    Denton McCarthy
    Locky Conan Ryan

McGrath Marsh
    Reid Te'o
    McGrath Nacewa Fanning

Tracy, Loughman, RBF, Beirne, Leavy, McCarthy, Byrne, McFadden

For the most part that's an okay starting XV, but the tight five replacements in particular are a bit of an issue. Not sure we can expect a win though from that at all. But Leo started off by proving me wrong last week so long may it continue.

Also, don't think we'll win away to Edinburgh... But then I'm used to us having a poor start, it won't be panic stations, and we're always liable to come away from edinburgh with very few points if any.

I think we need to manage our expectations for the first half of the season tbh. It's going to be tough going but there should be some positives in there as well even if the results aren't great.

I'd love to see McGrath (Mick) to be given another shot at the jersey, but I can't see McFadden being sidelined, even if he isn't currently with the squad.

I couldn't understand your love for Mick McGrath until your hipster leanings became apparent on this forum. All makes sense now, and why you love Darcy's beard too.

I'd also like to coin the following - "Hipster Winger" = Hinger.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I think we need to manage our expectations for the first half of the season tbh. It's going to be tough going but there should be some positives in there as well even if the results aren't great.

If this was the end of last season I'd be expecting a defeat.

We are more impacted by the RWC than probably any other team and have a new completely inexperienced coach so one would expect us to struggle badly.

See what Leo can do with them, a win would be a good news story for Leinster.

I couldn't understand your love for Mick McGrath until your hipster leanings became apparent on this forum. All makes sense now, and why you love Darcy's beard too.

I'd also like to coin the following - "Hipster Winger" = Hinger.

Ah you can't bate a good beard.

But no, I just like McGrath because he hurts people when he runs at them and he has to attend meetings because he's addicted to scoring tries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I have read some SA rugby reports there and no mention of Kirschner getting named in WC squad as cover at FB. Good news for Leo.
    http://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks

Just realised we left Furlong out of our squads for the start of the season. He was back training with Ireland this week and will probably be released for the Moseley game. Could well feature on the bench vs Edinburgh. And with Ed Byrnes injury we might see Hagan moved across to LH???

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Is Cian Kelleher injured? He was name dropped by McQuilkin recently as having a chance of being our next Sexton or Healy so I'd imagine he could be involved on the wing or at full back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Is Cian Kelleher injured? He was name dropped by McQuilkin recently as having a chance of being our next Sexton or Healy so I'd imagine he could be involved on the wing or at full back.

Saw Leinster training on back pitch of UCD. Furlong and kelleher were sitting it out.
    Saw a number of academy lads involved. Ross Byrne, Adam Byrne, Dardis, ringrose.

No Tom Farrell or Tom Daly . Didn't see crosibie either, might have been injured.

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Saw Leinster training on back pitch of UCD. Furlong and kelleher were sitting it out.
    Saw a number of academy lads involved. Ross Byrne, Adam Byrne, Dardis, ringrose.

No Tom Farrell or Tom Daly . Didn't see crosibie either, might have been injured.

Was Leo standing around drinking coffee being too pally with the lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/13952.php#.Vd7vPvlVh5I

LEINSTER

15. Isa Nacewa
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Colm O'Shea
    12. Gordon D'Arcy
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Cathal Marsh
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Peter Dooley
    2. Aaron Dundon
    3. Michael Bent
    4. Tom Denton
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Kevin McLaughlin CAPTAIN
    7. Dan Leavy
    8. Peadar Timmins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

No set bench.. 10 players named.
    Have my free ticket so might pop along to see Isa grace Donnybrook..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

What a great name! Sounds like a character straight from The Quiet Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

Do STH get into the Moseley game for free?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Second game for McGrath and Marsh, so looks like Marsh is the front runner to start against Edinburgh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

briantwin wrote: »
    Do STH get into the Moseley game for free?

No - there are far more STHs than Donnybrook can hold.

Replacements (numbers not yet assigned) : Bryan Byrne, Jamie Hagan, Royce Burke-Flynn, Ross Molony, Dominic Ryan, Isaac Boss, Ross Byrne, Fergus McFadden, Tadhg Beirne, Josh van der Flier, Jack Conan, Darragh Fanning, Noel Reid, Ben Te'o and Billy Dardis.

• Advertisement

That's a brilliant looking backline.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement