Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »
    That's a brilliant looking backline.

Now now Mr. Mod, let's keep this PG...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'd go to this if I were in Dublin - looks exciting! Hope we get plenty of updates during the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭briantwin

I got tickets yesterday. I'm really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

No - there are far more STHs than Donnybrook can hold.

It irritates me that STH don't get in for free. No way would enough of us turn up so size isn't really an issue (you just say, we will let the first 2000 STH that turn up in free).

It would be a nice little bit of added value to the people who show up week in week out to support Leinster and would be virtually cost free for the club

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

padser wrote: »
    It irritates me that STH don't get in for free. No way would enough of us turn up so size isn't really an issue (you just say, we will let the first 2000 STH that turn up in free).

It would be a nice little bit of added value to the people who show up week in week out to support Leinster and would be virtually cost free for the club

Sth's got free tickets, it was just first come first serve sort of thing.

I know we're not all gonna turn up at the same time but imagine we did and people were turned away?

Also these preseason games are a great way of getting people who might not normally go to rugby games to pop in as its so cheap, and introduce them to the sport.

I think it's fair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Legion2008

well STH were offered the opportunity to get a free ticket for this back in July, given a week to get one from what I recall before they went on general sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Sth's got free tickets, it was just first come first serve sort of thing.

Oh, in that case I withdraw my irritation. It's fair enough that we can't just show up if we had the option of getting free tickets earlier

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Fair or not I'm going in anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think it could be a great game, both teams starting their seasons next week so both should have their systems in place. Shame to miss it.

Yep, and for once the team selection looks like they're trying out what will likely be close to the starting pro12 side during the RWC. Usually these warmups are just a big mix of different combos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Legion2008 wrote: »
    well STH were offered the opportunity to get a free ticket for this back in July, given a week to get one from what I recall before they went on general sale.

Not all STHs were offered free tickets. Some were only offered discounted tickets (20% off which was then automatically added back on by TM so it wasn't actually discounted at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Anyone know can I pay in at the gate for this?

Anyone know can I pay in at the gate for this?

Yep shouldn't be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Yep shouldn't be an issue.

Grand thanks might stroll down after work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

So, who's heading tonight? Going to rope in a trip to the beer fest with a few others. Should be a great night.

molloyjh wrote: »
    Not all STHs were offered free tickets. Some were only offered discounted tickets (20% off which was then automatically added back on by TM so it wasn't actually discounted at all).
    My ticketbastard page had a dropdown option for free tickets, but it wouldn't process em. 10 quid (including 2 euro per ticket booking charge) is grand though.

dregin wrote: »
    So, who's heading tonight? Going to rope in a trip to the beer fest with a few others. Should be a great night.

I'll be at both myself. Won tickets to the beer festival so treating the auld fella to his annual birthday trip to it tonight. Looking forward to it.

Toying with the idea of heading to Leinster ladies V Connacht after the Wales game tomorrow too... gonna be a busy weekend!

dregin wrote: »
    Toying with the idea of heading to Leinster ladies V Connacht after the Wales game tomorrow too... gonna be a busy weekend!

The tickets I won for the craft beer are weekend tickets so planning on going to it tomorrow as well. Was considering that game too.

I'm going to this tonight. I'll be the lad in the blue Leinster jersey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

I'm going to this tonight. I'll be the lad in the blue Leinster jersey

I was going to wear that...

I'm already wearing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'll be at both myself. Won tickets to the beer festival so treating the auld fella to his annual birthday trip to it tonight. Looking forward to it.

The apple never falls far from the tree. Molloy's da was the original hipster!

Bad news for Leinster...ZK has been included in the RWC squad.

Why did ye re-sign him again?!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Bad news for Leinster...ZK has been included in the RWC squad.

Why did ye re-sign him again?!

I don't know who is more disappointed, Leinster management or Bokke fans.

I'm surprised.

However we won't be shy decent backs during the rwc.

With talented youngsters like Ringrose and Kelleher who I'm sure could step up if there was an injury crisis AND the return of Nacewa, I still don't get the move to keep Kirchner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

With talented youngsters like Ringrose and Kelleher who I'm sure could step up if there was an injury crisis AND the return of Nacewa, I still don't get the move to keep Kirchner.

We're going for our second consecutive "most players at the RWC" title. We're winners. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Ah, I like Kirchner, he's a good player, I'd ask the question, "why not keep him? "

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I wonder how much game time ZK is going to get this season.

If Nacewa is anyway near his previous form and most of the other outside backs (RK, Fitzgearld, DK, McFadden, ) stay fit he could end up with little game time,

• Advertisement

We're going for our second consecutive "most players at the RWC" title. We're winners. I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Ah, I like Kirchner, he's a good player, I'd ask the question, "why not keep him? "

He's a good player, I'm not disputing that. I hope the opportunity cost of Kirchner's signature wasn't signing a new scrum-half...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement