Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

errlloyd wrote: »
    Unless they have changed recently, I don't think BBC Alba offers English.

Well as my Irish Gaelic is better than my Scots Gaelic (marginally) I'll stick to TG4 so. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

amtw wrote: »
    Well as my Irish Gaelic is better than my Scots Gaelic (marginally) I'll stick to TG4 so. :rolleyes:

Yes - forgot that the red button doesn't work for Alba in Ireland.

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

The Aviva ticket grouping email has arrived. Needs to be done by 5pm Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Isa saying Girv is working with the backs and attack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭crosdad

So is darcy done? Wasn't he supposed to provide cover until the end of October

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Score?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

haiyna wrote: »
    Score?

11 - 9 to Edinburgh, Ryan just got binned for taking down a maul five metres out.

EDIT Edinburgh try. Poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

OSI wrote: »
    I see we have an extra "shorts sponsor" in the form of Laya Healthcare. It's a slippy slope lads. Won't be long before the kit resembles a premiership team with every inch covered.

I'd say that pretty much confirms the stadium name then.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭wise7

Promising debut for Ross Byrne. Positive in distribution with limited ball and was urgent in committing himself to clear-outs in what was a messy game for clean delvery. Kicking out of hand was good too.

• Advertisement

wise7 wrote: »
    Promising debut for Ross Byrne. Positive in distribution with limited ball and was urgent in committing himself to clear-outs in what was a messy game for clean delvery. Kicking out of hand was good too.

Agreed - first time I have seen him and he looked good.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

vienne86 wrote: »
    Agreed - first time I have seen him and he looked good.

He had at least one excellent game for the U20s this year, also had some poor enough outings. Set up an absolute peach of a try v France but loose kicking v England directly lead to them scoring. Very promising player though.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Thanos wrote: »
    Always remember one of his first big hits

Is that still illegal??

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

dregin wrote: »
    Is that still illegal??

Lying on the wrong side of the ruck? Pretty illegal yeah!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

dregin wrote: »
    Is that still illegal??

There was no issue with the tackle, it was that he didn't roll away afterwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

There was no issue with the tackle, it was that he didn't roll away afterwards.
    You can clearly hear Owens calling it a professional foul. I assumed that meant he was penalising the hit... The commentators were talking about the hit too.

[edit]Missed the "not rolling away" part. Also, not all Welsh refs are Nigel >_<[/edit]

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Is D'arcy retired?

There's a great article on him today in the Times but it's a retirement type of article just with out the retiring statement.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/gordon-d-arcy-end-of-an-era-for-centre-of-golden-generation-1.2340428

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Is D'arcy retired?

There's a great article on him today in the Times but it's a retirement type of article just with out the retiring statement.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/gordon-d-arcy-end-of-an-era-for-centre-of-golden-generation-1.2340428

I've heard he'll come back to Leinster to see out his contract but maybe they've decided to end it. He's still on the Leinster squad page but it's last season's picture.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I thought that was the story too and he did start against Moseley but that article is of the style that only comes out when a guy has retired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Dave Kearney has made a pretty significant step up in recent months and he looks likely to start for Ireland in the World Cup. It makes me wonder if perhaps Leinster's best use of resources is to go with Luke Fitzgerald at 13. It's unlikely to be a popular opinion as I think a lot of fans have invested a lot into Ben Te'o coming good, but at the moment it's what I'm predicting.

• Advertisement

Hagz wrote: »
    Dave Kearney has made a pretty significant step up in recent months and he looks likely to start for Ireland in the World Cup. It makes me wonder if perhaps Leinster's best use of resources is to go with Luke Fitzgerald at 13. It's unlikely to be a popular opinion as I think a lot of fans have invested a lot into Ben Te'o coming good, but at the moment it's what I'm predicting.

Yep, certainly a possibility. I think Dave Kearney projects better on the right wing long term though and I would guess he might end up there for us. Of course we could see another at left wing with Fitz at 13. Maybe we'll see both Fitz and Te'o in the same midfield.

Given Te'o is elligible for England/EPS it's certainly possible his long term future lies away from Leinster.

Hagz wrote: »

Personally, right now, I'd be going with this as our first choice...

15. Kearney
    14. Kearney
    13. T'eo
    12. Reid/Madigan
    11. Fitzgerald
    10. Sexton
    09. Reddan

23. Isa

That's a brilliant backline... We might even see Isa forcing fitz or DK out, and then we still have ZK and McFadden to think about...

Of course I'm sure injury will dictate who we play.

.ak wrote: »
    Personally, right now, I'd be going with this as our first choice...

15. Kearney
    14. Kearney
    13. T'eo
    12. Reid/Madigan
    11. Fitzgerald
    10. Sexton
    09. Reddan

23. Isa

That's a brilliant backline... We might even see Isa forcing fitz or DK out, and then we still have ZK and McFadden to think about...

Of course I'm sure injury will dictate who we play.
    I love that - D Kearney and Fitz on the wings - oh yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Witheringeye

If Isa can get anywhere near the player her used to be we could see something like:

15kearney
    14kearney
    13teo/fitz
    12teo/fitz
    11isa
    10sexton
    9........Madigan

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

If Isa can get anywhere near the player her used to be we could see something like:

15kearney
    14kearney
    13teo/fitz
    12teo/fitz
    11isa
    10sexton
    9........Madigan

I was thinking this too. I only saw the first half of the Edinburgh match and perhaps he turned it around after the break but I thought that Reid had a very poor defensive first half falling off tackles more than once. OTOH if Fitz is looking to play on the wing for Ireland then he may not want to play at centre for Leinster.

Personally I think fitz is a better winger than centre.

If Isa is going to play on the wing it'll be the right wing. A definite possibility though, how good hes going to be remains to be seen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

just checking if anyone has heard will Leinster still have same option as last year to upgrade your seat at the match via app?

I am in terrace but want to bring my cousin and he is only 15 so was going to buy a North/South stand ticket for him and just upgrade my own ticket for this match, is this still possible?

Does it list anywhere what the price is to upgrade?

Thansk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    just checking if anyone has heard will Leinster still have same option as last year to upgrade your seat at the match via app?

I am in terrace but want to bring my cousin and he is only 15 so was going to buy a North/South stand ticket for him and just upgrade my own ticket for this match, is this still possible?

Does it list anywhere what the price is to upgrade?

Thansk
    I would imagine it is still available. If cousin is 15 why not take him to terrace? Wouldn't be an issue
    Have you contacted Leinster ticket office
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tickets/layout_and_outlet_details.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Witheringeye

.ak wrote: »
    Personally I think fitz is a better winger than centre.

I completely agree, but he's still a handy enough 13 and this allows us to get out best players on the pitch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement