Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

This app nonsence is insane. And only telling us about it the day before the match as well. I'm not happy with needing to use a voucher while I've had the use of the season ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

This app nonsence is insane. And only telling us about it the day before the match as well. I'm not happy with needing to use a voucher while I've had the use of the season ticket.

I wonder why they started this lark for collecting the packs......really making a meal of it.

To be fair, we didn't just hear about it today......they sent an email on Wednesday.

What a lot of fuss over a shoe box full of trinkets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

What is weather like tomorrow? looks like it will be lashing and for once I am sitting in south stand.....rain jacket I think might be required

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    What is weather like tomorrow? looks like it will be lashing and for once I am sitting in south stand.....rain jacket I think might be required

I don't know, the forecast changes everytime I check it :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

vienne86 wrote: »
    I wonder why they started this lark for collecting the packs......really making a meal of it.

To be fair, we didn't just hear about it today......they sent an email on Wednesday.

What a lot of fuss over a shoe box full of trinkets.

I only got the email today.

• Advertisement

Hopefully not too bad. This is my oracle for weather forecasting:

http://www.yr.no/place/Ireland/Leinster/Dublin/hour_by_hour.html

• Subscribers Posts: 41,608 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

.ak wrote: »
    I think we'll hammer them.

Cardiff at home has always been a handy 5 pointer. The World Cup won't change that.

the meritocracy in the league is a total game changer.
    i think the blues will be looking to make as much points as possible over the scarlets and ospreys while the RWC is happening.

the wont be phoning this one in like they have done over the years.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Also Warburton isn't playing so they'll 15 guys who want to be there!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Season tickets arrived today oh is now mad keen on this.

I only got the email today.

Ah OK, I got one today and one on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Who are the 8?

Molony
    McGrath
    Marsh
    Reid
    Burke-Flynn
    Leavy
    R. Byrne
    Kelleher

Is that a record for one school? I'm sure there has been some big clongowes and rock contingents over the years. Thinking of Leo,madigan,Luke,bod,etc. or kearneys,Darcy,McFadden. 8 is a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

FrannoFan wrote: »
    Molony
    McGrath
    Marsh
    Reid
    Burke-Flynn
    Leavy
    R. Byrne
    Kelleher

Is that a record for one school? I'm sure there has been some big clongowes and rock contingents over the years. Thinking of Leo,madigan,Luke,bod,etc. or kearneys,Darcy,McFadden. 8 is a lot.

8 is impressive alright. As good as it gets I would guess.

Not sure, but did a Madser, Macken, BOD, Luke, Conway backline play together for part of a game a couple of years ago ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

8 is impressive alright. As good as it gets I would guess.

Not sure, but did a Madser, Macken, BOD, Luke, Conway backline play together for part of a game a couple of years ago ?

I think they might have, maybe not started together but during the game they were all on the field. Niall Morris as well was knocking around, could have been involved. Throw in Leo and that would be 7 rock lads. Hard to recall if all in one game.
    Pure idle Friday night musings on my part!

Leo, BOD, Madigan, Luke, Jordi, Andrew Conway and Brendan Macken all rock men, I can't remember what year Gary Browne finished up but think it was well before a Madigan, Jordi Macken and Conway showed up.

Ringrose is there now, not sure who else actually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I don't think 8 has ever been done before. Scanning through the Leinster database the closest I could find was 6 by 'Rock

Madigan
    Tonetti
    Macken
    Conway
    Harris-Wright
    Ryan

Shane Monahan was also in that squad but I'm not sure he went to 'Rock. I know he played for Blackrock r.f.c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Hagz wrote: »
    I don't think 8 has ever been done before. Scanning through the Leinster database the closest I could find was 6 by 'Rock

Madigan
    Tonetti
    Macken
    Conway
    Harris-Wright
    Ryan

Shane Monahan was also in that squad but I'm not sure he went to 'Rock. I know he played for Blackrock r.f.c.
    Harris-Wright belongs to Pres Bray

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

My phone is telling me it'll rain all morning but should be cloudy in the afternoon and evening.

funtime93 wrote: »
    Harris-Wright belongs to Pres Bray
    INPHO_00215562.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Madigan
    Tonetti
    Macken
    Conway
    Harris-Wright
    Ryan

Tonetti went to Gerard's in Bray and then joined Blackrock College RFC he didn't go to Blackrock school unless he repeated his leaving as far as I remember.

awec wrote: »
    My phone is telling me it'll rain all morning but should be cloudy in the afternoon and evening.

Nah. It's sunny now and we won't be getting much rain today methinks.....mehopes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Madigan
    Tonetti
    Macken
    Conway
    Harris-Wright
    Ryan

As wicklowwonder says, Tonetti went to Gerard's. Dom Ryan came from Gonzaga not Blackrock. I remember seeing him playing in a Vinnie Murray semi-final match against a Columbas team that featured Ian McKinley.

Edit: My memory is still pretty good :D

285823.jpg

John Cooney also played for that Gonzaga team.

rrpc wrote: »
    As wicklowwonder says, Tonetti went to Gerard's. Dom Ryan came from Gonzaga not Blackrock. I remember seeing him playing in a Vinnie Murray semi-final match against a Columbas team that featured Ian McKinley.
    Aye, wiki had Tonetti down as Gerrard's and Blackrock College but it must mean the rugby club.
    I should have been clearer but that Ryan is actually Paul Ryan who captained Luke Fitzgerald's SCT team. Actually a very good player but a broken leg ended his career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Aye, wiki had Tonetti down as Gerrard's and Blackrock College but it must mean the rugby club.
    I should have been clearer but that Ryan is actually Paul Ryan who captained Luke Fitzgerald's SCT team. Actually a very good player but a broken leg ended his career.

It might mean that he switched from Blackrock to Gerard's in secondary school. I couldn't answer that but I do know that he played for Gerard's SCT in fifth and sixth year, so if he went to Blackrock it was before that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

People near D4, what do you reckon coat wise today?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

no coat, usual mediterranean conditions in D4

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

salmocab wrote: »
    no coat, usual mediterranean conditions in D4

Clouds have come in now, I'd prepare for rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

yeah it's cloudy, there'll be showers at some stage

Cloudy all right, but I'd be hopeful we will stay dry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Something classic, well cut and stylish. Muted tones, nothing garish. Italian. Accessorised with a discrete cashmere scorf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭the baby bull elephant

Fanning scored a hattrick for Marys today...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement