Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

crisco10 wrote: »
    Was sent out via email last night.

Not to me it wasn't, typical

Edit: Actually, it's not typical at all, just annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

dub_skav wrote: »
    Not to me it wasn't, typical

Check spam folder, or if using GMAIL check the "promotions" tab of your inbox - my Leinster stuff ends up in the promotions tab most of the time.

Uriel. wrote: »
    Check spam folder, or if using GMAIL check the "promotions" tab of your inbox - my Leinster stuff ends up in the promotions tab most of the time.

Done all that, just didn't get a mail. I've emailed them about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭crisco10

interactive seatmap up.

Got a few seats beside the Season tickets. happy days.

Must say I've been pretty happy with the way this whole thing worked out...fairplay Leinster ticket office.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

crisco10 wrote: »
    interactive seatmap up.

Got a few seats beside the Season tickets. happy days.

Must say I've been pretty happy with the way this whole thing worked out...fairplay Leinster ticket office.

yep sorted as well. great stuff!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Look like Reid and Ben Te'o are enjoying their weekend off, flashing the cash with Danny Cipriani in Lisbon. Te'o and Reid definitely have some sort of bromance going on, beautiful to see.

CPHmeEIWoAAEIEP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Gob****es

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Yeah, very sad for him and for the team. All the best to him and hopefully he avoids any long-term side effects of the concussions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

Teferi wrote: »

Awful way to end, always prefer players to go on their own terms. Best of luck to him going forward, hopefully no long term effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Very sad but not unexpected I suppose. A very good and under-rated player, it's unfortunate that a guy who made his debut in 2007 only racked up 115 appearances. He was a big part of both the 2011 and 2012 HC wins.

Hopefully there's no long-term consequences for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

What a shame :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Teferi wrote: »
    Yeah, very sad for him and for the team. All the best to him and hopefully he avoids any long-term side effects of the concussions.
    due to concerns about his increasing susceptibility to concussion and the length of recovery

Hopefully this means that his problem is the likelihood of him getting more concussions than the fact he's struggling with them at the moment.....if that makes any sense.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,610 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

ah jesus!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Pity, liked him as a player

Real pity that. Great player that was always on the cusp of stepping up a level and certainly had the talent to do so but had too many setbacks. Hope retirement goes great for him, certainly a loss for Leinster also.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Ah that's a bit of shock. I mean, not that he's retired... I kinda felt he was on the cusp of giving it up anyway or maybe playing at a lower division, but I'm surprised it came from concussion! I don't recall him getting many head knocks before. The last one must've really effected him.

Great servant to the branch, absolute gent and a wicked sense of humour, great man for a bit of banter. Wish him all the best. My best memory of him has to be the 2011 quarter final against Leicester. He absolutely terrorized their pack and made ****e of their lineout all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

Very sorry to see him go. He was a huge part of the Leinster Heineken Cup successes.

Here are two from the famous 2011 final and the semi's in Lansdowne Park.

Thanks for the great memories, Kev!

363325.jpg

363326.jpg

Great player, solidity personified.

Hope he enjoys the next chapter of his life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Very sorry to see him go. He was a huge part of the Leinster Heineken Cup successes.

Here are two from the famous 2011 final and the semi's in Lansdowne Park.

That's 6 of the 15 from the 2011 final retired now (was 7 with Isa but of course he miraculously rose again), time flies

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Terrible news. Really feel for the guy. You can tell how much it upset him too from his comments. Interesting that Leo has asked him to stick around behind the scenes. Whatever he gets up to though I hope (and imagine) it'll be a success. The guy has a fantastic attitude and work ethic. For all the hard work he did for our 2011 and 2012 success I still remember that performance against Munster in October 2009. Won MOTM despite coming off after 55 mins that day. He was outstanding.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Shame to read that, he seems pretty gutted about it. Best wishes for him in the future :)

• Administrators Posts: 53,839 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's a shame he hasn't got the chance to get a send off at the RDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Very sad news. All the best to Kev.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I was expecting Kev to retire soon - he has been dogged by injuries - but very very sad to see his career end so abrubtly. He is obviously gutted and I think we all wish him the best.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I was expecting it too after the last few seasons he had but being made Captain and starting the first game of the season changed my mind.

I watched this tonight and it's a bit mad as I was at this game but have no memory of any of the match. I do remember the chequered red and blue sections in the crowd but zero of anything that happened on the pitch!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,501 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Interesting. Hayden Triggs is being touted as a second row signing for us in the Info this morning

• Advertisement

CatFromHue wrote: »

I watched this tonight and it's a bit mad as I was at this game but have no memory of any of the match. I do remember the chequered red and blue sections in the crowd but zero of anything that happened on the pitch!!

I think the 10 seconds from 9:49 in the video is my favourite!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement