Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I am pretty sure the hand warmer in my pack this year is broken. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭accidentprone1

awec wrote: »
    I am pretty sure the hand warmer in my pack this year is broken. :(

Tried resetting it with boiling water?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

I really don't think there's a need to have a scarf every year. They should mix it up - a scarf, a hat, a cap, a pair of gloves... one of these per year on rotation.

Other than the cup, the most used item I have is last year's trolley coin. It's on my key car keys and everytime I go for the weekly shop it's perfect... no fear of not having the one euro coin!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

dregin wrote: »
    It'd have been handy if the boxes had come IN the bags instead of the other way round >_<
    It'd be even handier if they didn't have a box at all - bloody nuisance at a match.....given size of the pile of them outside the collection point last, a lot of people agree with me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

vienne86 wrote: »
    It'd be even handier if they didn't have a box at all - bloody nuisance at a match.....given size of the pile of them outside the collection point last, a lot of people agree with me!

Yeah mine was emptied straight away and all the gear was thrown into my backpack.

• Advertisement

Uriel. wrote: »
    Yeah mine was emptied straight away and all the gear was thrown into my backpack.

Last year I collected packs for a couple of friends who couldn't be at the match....I cursed the bloody boxes.....and didn't offer to collect for anyone this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I used it to keep all my Mick McGrath autographs.

I'll defo need a new box this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

I like the scarf every year although I never use it but I like the idea of having a new one each year with the season written on it. The only thing out of last years box that isn't still in it is the trolley token. I was delighted with the mug but never took it out. Next year a stubby holder for bottles of beer would be nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Are they giving out supporters packs at the next game? I hadn't time to Q after the last game..

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Anyone planning on attending the away game to Bath on 21st November - tickets are on sale on bathrugby.com this morning. Not many left, and what is available is in the corners.

Doesn't look like Leinster rugby are selling tickets for this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Leinster will definitely have an allocation, they usually don't go on sale till closer the match date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Steve wrote: »
    Are they giving out supporters packs at the next game? I hadn't time to Q after the last game..

Yes they will

Option on Leinster ticket website to print out for next game

They have normally done 2 games and after that it is tough luck if you dont collect

I was surprised at last match it was long queue but I flew in as I had my ticket printed....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

LostArt wrote: »
    Leinster will definitely have an allocation, they usually don't go on sale till closer the match date
    I sent an email to Leinster rugby asking if there was an allocation for this game / if they would be selling tickets - I got a response stating:

You will be notified by email in regards to the ticket purchasing process for Leinster Rugby away matches.
    Please note that for some games tickets can only be sourced from the host club.

I don't get any comfort from that email. I've booked flights / hotel etc, so don't want to end up ticketless. I went ahead and bought directly from Bath. Will probably be in the midst of Bath supporters - could be worse.

• Administrators Posts: 53,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Anyone get the email about the BDO event?

Leinster Rugby really playing up to the rugby fan stereotype with that one. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

When's this year's turnip growing masterclass?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,106 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Leinster Rugby really playing up to the rugby fan stereotype with that one. :pac:

Oh dear. Will there be cappucinos? :rolleyes:

Although in fairness, these type of sponsors are valuable and cant exactly do promotionals at the games, so if they attract a few clients then more power to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I remember back in the good old days of being able to tag threads I would repeatedly tag the Munster thread with "turnips" and I guess it was the mods who kept removing that tag. Good times.

Also if the mod who was doing that is still about, I assure you the statute of limitations has come into effect on that one by now...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Has anyone successfully used the STH 20% off code in store rather than online?

I groaned when I read that email, but rather than get upset, I clicked on the little dustbin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Yes. Thats frickin A1.
    Briefing on the budget consequences for your business, and you get in COMPLETELY FREE ! From BDO ! MOC ditched, Leo's team giving indications that they might play rugby, and now this. What ST holder isnt a business owner, or member of a senior management team ? Worth the price of the Season Ticket alone. Take that Ulster and Munster fans.
    To think I almost didnt renew. Why they dont advertise these little gems to flog more STs I dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Yes they will

Option on Leinster ticket website to print out for next game

They have normally done 2 games and after that it is tough luck if you dont collect

I was surprised at last match it was long queue but I flew in as I had my ticket printed....

I printed out the ticket last time, will this still work or are you saying I need a new one?

Steve wrote: »
    I printed out the ticket last time, will this still work or are you saying I need a new one?

I suspect it should, but they made such a dog's dinner of it all this season, you couldn't be sure....I'd drop them and email.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Anyone know what the update is on Marty Moore?

Looks like he's back training anyhow

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

We've unfortunately been sidetracked by that micky mouse tournament over in England and we've forgotten the truly important stuff, IE how the young lads get on in the Pro 12. Seems we'll have some good news this week to make up for the disappointment of losing McLaughlin:

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/leinster-boosted-by-return-of-marty-moore-and-rhys-ruddock-1.2371377
    Leinster host the Dragons at the RDS on Saturday (2.30pm) as they look to build on their 23-15 win over the Cardiff Blues at the Ballsbridge venue last time out.

Tighthead prop Moore and blindside flanker Ruddock both missed out on Ireland’s World Cup because of injury, but both have returned to training and are available for selection for the Dragons game.

Moore has not played since the Champions Cup semi-final defeat to Toulon in Marseille in April. The 24-year-old damaged a shoulder in that match, although his latest absence was due to a foot operation.

Ruddock’s absence from the Leinster first-team is longer still, having last played at the beginning of March due to an arm injury that required two operations.

Everyone is available except Kearney and Ed Byrne.

I'd like to see:

Bent, Dundon, Burke-Flynn, Molony, McCarthy, Ryan, Van Der Flier, Conan;
    McGrath, Marsh, McFadden, Reid, Te'o, Ringrose, Nacewa

B Byrne, Dooley, Hagan, Denton, Leavy, Boss, R Byrne, Kelleher

EDIT: Eh... I completely forgot to include Ruddock or Moore despite linking to the fact they were fit in the above article...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Should be a good match, need some revenge for last year. I liked the way Leinster played against Cardiff, just need to be a bit more clinical when in the red zone...

Should be nice sunny day Saturday so can't wait for it....

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

We've unfortunately been sidetracked by that micky mouse tournament over in England and we've forgotten the truly important stuff, IE how the young lads get on in the Pro 12. Seems we'll have some good news this week to make up for the disappointment of losing McLaughlin:

Everyone is available except Kearney and Ed Byrne.

I'd like to see:

EDIT: Eh... I completely forgot to include Ruddock or Moore despite linking to the fact they were fit in the above article...

Much rather Dooley/Bent than Bent/RBF.

Our first game of the season clashes with this... Ffs I've missed both home games now!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

.ak wrote: »
    Our first game of the season clashes with this... Ffs I've missed both home games now!

Retire, it's the only sensible choice.
    You get to drink at all rugby matches you go to,attend all Leinster games, plus you can walk on Mondays :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Some of the A interpro dates are beginning to be announced.
    Thursday 22nd October
    Ulster A v Leinster A at Ballymacarn Park(Ballynahinch RFC) - k/o 5.00pm

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    Retire, it's the only sensible choice.
    You get to drink at all rugby matches you go to,attend all Leinster games, plus you can walk on Mondays :P

I'm still young, I've too many knock ons and silly passes to fluff!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement