Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

.ak wrote: »
    I'm still young, I've too many knock ons and silly passes to fluff!

I also forgot to mention that the longer you're retired, the better player you were.

Like I said, only sensible choice

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster vs Dragons eh.

I can't remember this game last year, would someone care to remind me what the result was?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

sorry i'm suffering from MOC related amnesia.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Kind of a random point but did it ever come out how much (if any) compensation was paid by the ARU for the release of Kane Douglas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

unce09f wrote: »
    sorry i'm suffering from MOC related amnesia.

Unfortunately I'm not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Leinster vs Dragons eh.

I can't remember this game last year, would someone care to remind me what the result was?

I've a link to highlights here so you can remember.

EDIT: Oops, apologies. Wrong link. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,372 ✭✭✭LorMal

Kind of a random point but did it ever come out how much (if any) compensation was paid by the ARU for the release of Kane Douglas?

If it is based on value, I'd say we owe them a few quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

LorMal wrote: »
    Is that not the other way around? Based on the question I mean; we released Kane Douglas to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

rrpc wrote: »
    Is that not the other way around? Based on the question I mean; we released Kane Douglas to them?

He was making a joke about the quality of Douglas' contribution to Leinster while he was with us. I'm disappointed that he left because although I agree that he wasn't great I think that a large part of that was because he didn't have a proper break and that after a decent pre-season he would have had a good season for us this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

His point is that Douglas was so bad that we should have paid them to take him off our hands.

Yes, that's the same Kane Douglas who's starting for Australia against England on Saturday night.

I honestly don't get the mindset of some people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

LorMal wrote: »

.....quite a bit maybe :eek:

But as someone has pointed out, the fact that he never got a break always worried me.

His point is that Douglas was so bad that we should have paid them to take him off our hands.

Yes, that's the same Kane Douglas who's starting for Australia against England on Saturday night.

I honestly don't get the mindset of some people.

australia don't exactly have a world class lineout.. in fact it's their biggest concern going into the england game.

also you can hardly say douglas performed consistently well for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Yep thats the question

If you read a times article close to the time it mentions that we were looking for €250,000 but we don't know how much was paid. Did Leinster get the €250,000 or a smaller amount.

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/international/kane-douglas-ends-brief-stay-as-leinster-agrees-deal-for-his-release-1.2294806

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Moore starting

Ruddock bench

CQTqtEzWUAALcjg.jpg

Dragons team to face Leinster

Carl Meyer, Ashton Hewitt, Ross Wardle, Adam Warren, Tom Prydie, Jason Tovey, Sarel Pretorius; Boris Stankovich, Hugh Gustafson, Brok Harris, Nick Crosswell, Rynard Landman ©, James Thomas, James Benjamin, Ed Jackson.

Replacements: Rhys Buckley, Phil Price, Shaun Knight, Matthew Screech, Nic Cudd, Luc Jones, Angus O’Brien, Aled Brew.

http://www.newportgwentdragons.com/News/Article/42061

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Like the look of that Leinster team. Great to see Ruddock and Moore back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Lack of second-row cover there. Where is Denton?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Can you pay cash on the gate for this game or do you have to purchase tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Think I'd have preferred to see McGrath start ahead of Boss, to build some momentum but it's a nice team. Looks like Ruddock is second row cover more than backrow though.

Moore back! I wasn't expecting that! Great news.

• Advertisement

Passed return to play protocols from concussion but didnt train fully this week

Boss over McGrath for a home game against Dragons? So disappointing.

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Can you pay cash on the gate for this game or do you have to purchase tickets?

You could buy at box office before but not sure now

faq here

Can I collect tickets on match days?

Most match tickets will be sold directly from Ticketmaster and will be posted out to supporters. However, in certain circumstances it will be necessary to collect tickets prior to matches. Ticketmaster collections on match day are from the Box Office on Anglesea Road behind the Herbert Park Hotel.

I have no idea if that Dragons team is any good....not exactly household names.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I have no idea if that Dragons team is any good....not exactly household names.

its the dragons at home, we have to be winning this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

unce09f wrote: »
    its the dragons at home, we have to be winning this.

We need to beat them but we didn't last year....home & away

Would be happy with any sort of win....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Ruddock could slip in there if needed. Not ideal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

ssaye2 wrote: »
    You could buy at box office before but not sure now

faq here

Can I collect tickets on match days?

Most match tickets will be sold directly from Ticketmaster and will be posted out to supporters. However, in certain circumstances it will be necessary to collect tickets prior to matches. Ticketmaster collections on match day are from the Box Office on Anglesea Road behind the Herbert Park Hotel.

Tickets can normally be bought from the Spar shop in Donnybrook (the one beside Donnybrook stadium). It is a 24 hour shop too (I think). Phone them and they will tell you if they have any.

Up since 6.00AM with two completely wired kids who for some reason I'm taking to this today. Might as well try and DVR the game as I'm getting to see none of it.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,611 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Up since 6.00AM with two completely wired kids who for some reason I'm taking to this today. Might as well try and DVR the game as I'm getting to see none of it.

Give them a couple of hot whiskies to calm them down. They'll sleep through the game, You get to see all of it. ... everyone wins!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement