Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    We need to beat them but we didn't last year....home & away

Would be happy with any sort of win....

Oh absolutely. And if Leinster play like they did in the last match, I'll be happy. Looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Can I collect my welcome pack at the next home game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

lotmc wrote: »
    Tickets can normally be bought from the Spar shop in Donnybrook (the one beside Donnybrook stadium). It is a 24 hour shop too (I think). Phone them and they will tell you if they have any.

I've bought tickets at the box office actually on the grounds of the rds a few times(granted the last time I did it was 2 years ago). I presume nothing has changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Have to record the match so won't get to see it til late tonight but that 23 looks so strong considering all the players away. I'm still hoping to see Ross Byrne start a game or two at 10 before the internationals return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Up since 6.00AM with two completely wired kids who for some reason I'm taking to this today. Might as well try and DVR the game as I'm getting to see none of it.

Taking a 3 year old to this as her first match. Be nice everybody

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

.ak wrote: »
    Can I collect my welcome pack at the next home game?

No last chance today based on previous seasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

I have ticket for terrace for today, if you send me PM with your email address I will forward the ticket.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Conan down injured in the warmup, not looking comfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    No last chance today based on previous seasons

Bollocks. Due to work I've missed both the previous game and this game. So I miss out on the pack if that's true. Two weeks is a bit of a short window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Bollocks. Due to work I've missed both the previous game and this game. So I miss out on the pack if that's true. Two weeks is a bit of a short window.

I'm sure if you give HQ a ring they'll sort you out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Will probably do that alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

They always have a few of those supporters packs in the ticketing shed inside the RDS throughout the season for people to pick up. Don't worry about it!

Not really sure what to make of the performance, some really good stuff mixed with some very bad. McCarthy was immense, his defensive work was out standing, thought Reid played really well, though made a couple of bad decisions. Don't for the life of me understand how Marsh got man of the match, his kicking from hand was poor to atrocious at times. McFadden would be my man of the match or maybe VDF.

Not long back from the game. Honestly I thought Dragons we're poor but we were clinical and pretty determined.

Scoring two tries on the go is a ruthlessness we had none of last season.

We were offloading very nicely and keeping hands free in the tackle. Dragons could not live with the pace Leinster played at.

Thought Reid was my motm, was bossing the mid field and ran lovely lines. Lot's of our backline moves seemed to really move forward when Reid had the ball and that is despite all his work at the breakdown (won two turnovers at the least).

Te'o was well outshone by Reid despite also having a good game.

Dragons were badly let down by their bench, who just didn't seem to have enough fitness for more than 15 / 20 minutes of play, but the main issue for Dragon's is they couldn't live with the pace of the game and Leinster keeping the ball alive.

McCarthy was the pick of the forwards and all our backrow had good games. McCarthy looks to have found his best form.

All in all, Leinster looked urgent and hungry, best performance I've seen with the internationals away in over a year. Kinda glad MOC is gone now to be honest, Leo despite his lack of experience is getting more out of this team.

Did I mention all the offloading?

Not long back from the game. Honestly I thought Dragons we're poor but we were clinical and pretty determined.

Scoring two tries on the go is a ruthlessness we had none of last season.

We were offloading very nicely and keeping hands free in the tackle. Dragons could not live with the pace Leinster played at.

Thought Reid was my motm, was bossing the mid field and ran lovely lines. Lot's of our backline moves seemed to really move forward when Reid had the ball and that is despite all his work at the breakdown (won two turnovers at the least).

Te'o was well outshone by Reid despite also having a good game.

Dragons were badly let down by their bench, who just didn't seem to have enough fitness for more than 15 / 20 minutes of play, but the main issue for Dragon's is they couldn't live with the pace of the game and Leinster keeping the ball alive.

McCarthy was the pick of the forwards and all our backrow had good games. McCarthy looks to have found his best form.

All in all, Leinster looked urgent and hungry, best performance I've seen with the internationals away in over a year. Kinda glad MOC is gone now to be honest, Leo despite his lack of experience is getting more out of this team.

Did I mention all the offloading?

Yes, McCarthy was immense again. I loved the way the backs played - Reid and T'eo make a good partnership. I thought Marsh was a bit easy to read, and would have given Ferg MOTM.

Great attitude - so so much better than last season.

Was there any mention of Ruddocks injury at the very end of the game? He seemed in a good bit of pain coming up from the last ruck, was holding his arm very tenderly and went straight in off the pitch at the final whistle?

Hope he's ok and it's not a reoccurrence of one of the injuries, was the opposite arm to the one he fractured.

It's a box of tat IMO. I wouldn't lose sleep over not getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭subfreq

Reid really stood out this afternoon and McGrath made a real difference when he came on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Another fairly pleasing outing. Stark difference to last season, seems Cullen has settled into the job well enough which was definitely a concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

Well done Leinster.

I was delighted but concerned when I heard Isa was coming back after 2 years without playing. Great to see that he still has his sharpness in attack and defence. Aside from his 2 tries, he was constantly involved and playing very good heads-up rugby. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

Some of these young guys are really coming on nicely now.. Ringrose looks very comfortable at his level and coping just fine with the physicality.. VDF though was the story again for me.. His breakdown work was terrific yesterday.. Many will say he's not big enough but the proof is in the pudding and he is making it work.. He is actually much broader in the shoulder than he might first appear and his pace and technique make him dangerous on both sides of the ball.. Can't wait to see him develop more.. I think a back row of Ruddock, VDF and Conan with Leavy off the bench has a nice ring to it until the lads are back.. Dom Ryan was disappointing again yesterday I thought.. A mention too for Leavy who looked good when he came on.. He too, just looks like he's gonna get better and better.. Thought Dragons were pretty poor, but all in all, very encouraging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Lots to be positive about alright. VDF looks the real deal, Ringrose will be a serious player if he bulks up.

But it was the more experienced guys who drove the win; McCarthy, Reid, McFadden and Nacewa were all excellent, and Te'o is a superstar in waiting.

A good day at the office and lots to be optimistic about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Lots to be positive about alright. VDF looks the real deal, Ringrose will be a serious player if he bulks up.

But it was the more experienced guys who drove the win; McCarthy, Reid, McFadden and Nacewa were all excellent, and Te'o is a superstar in waiting.

A good day at the office and lots to be optimistic about.

I think marsh is a pretty big omission there, he was as influential as pretty much anyone. Not sure how he would cope at higher levels but you can't knock him based on what he's doing so far

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

Dom Ryan might be Leinster worst backrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

i'm from one of the other provinces and I have to say watching Van Der Flier in the last 2 matches you've a real nugget there, I don't think his lack of size is going to be an issue just look at Michael Hooper for Australia. Also getting Ringrose into the team this early in his career is great, he'll no doubt physically develop in the next year.

unce09f wrote: »
    Dom Ryan might be Leinster worst backrow.

In fairness to Dom Ryan, he was our best back row yesterday. More is expected of him because he has senior experience and Ruddock has been injured - but he popped up everywhere, slowed down a lot of Dragon's ball, carried well and had a few offloads after making decent breaks.

VDF certainly had another big performance and he is one of the most athletic back rows I've seen come through in recent years in terms of raw pace and power but he hasn't got the full skill set yet. Turning into a big prospect though, if he took on more of a hipster image he is the sort of player .ak would be all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Ringrose's first appearances have been really promising. He certainly looks good enough to be an excellent dirttracker team option this season. Hindsight yes but it really questions the need to re-sign Kirchner when there are youngsters like Ringrose and Kelleher

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'm sorry but no way was Dom Ryan the best of the back-row yesterday. He coughed up possession 3 times. Van der Flier was a greater nuisance at the breakdown and Ruddock was more effective carrying. And both of them completely outshone Ryan in the tackle count.

Dom Ryan will be extremely lucky to get a renewal on his contract when it's up. As horrible as it may sound, Kevin McLaughlin's retirement may well be a saving grace for Ryan. Ryan is certainly physical, but he doesn't fetch nearly enough ball, he isn't skilful and he isn't smart.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm sorry but no way was Dom Ryan the best of the back-row yesterday. He coughed up possession 3 times. Van der Flier was a greater nuisance at the breakdown and Ruddock was more effective carrying. And both of them completely outshone Ryan in the tackle count.

Dom Ryan will be extremely lucky to get a renewal on his contract when it's up. As horrible as it may sound, Kevin McLaughlin's retirement may well be a saving grace for Ryan. Ryan is certainly physical, but he doesn't fetch nearly enough ball, he isn't skilful and he isn't smart.

He was dire yesterday in possession, not sure how he could be called our best back row!

I thought Ringrose was quite good but I think it was a weaker performance than last week, just because he made a few incorrect decisions when he had the ball. Love what he's doing off the ball though, definitely a fantastic prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

Hagz wrote: »

With everyone fit and available he is behind - Ruddock/Murphy/SOB/Conan at 6 for me.

Hard working but average.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement