Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Missed the second half. Surprised they pulled away so much in the end. Good result obviously.

Are there any highlights anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

You wouldn't believe Ringrose was a scrum half until 5th year and only took up centre in the middle of 6th year. He's never played wing before as far as I know bar a few A games

Hagz wrote: »
    I'm sorry but no way was Dom Ryan the best of the back-row yesterday. He coughed up possession 3 times. Van der Flier was a greater nuisance at the breakdown and Ruddock was more effective carrying. And both of them completely outshone Ryan in the tackle count.

Dom Ryan will be extremely lucky to get a renewal on his contract when it's up. As horrible as it may sound, Kevin McLaughlin's retirement may well be a saving grace for Ryan. Ryan is certainly physical, but he doesn't fetch nearly enough ball, he isn't skilful and he isn't smart.

Guess I must have been watching a different game. Thought Ruddock was sluggish which was to be expected and slow to get up off the ground at times. VDF was the opposite but lacked impact at times. Ryan didn't do anything flashy but I was surprised at times to see how much ground he covered.

In fairness I was entertaining a 5 year old and a 1 year old during the match and had two trips down to see Leo the Lion so perhaps I missed some critical moments!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Sangre wrote: »
    Missed the second half. Surprised they pulled away so much in the end. Good result obviously.

TG4 have the game up on their player. The third quarter of the game was pretty poor in fairness, but the 2 tries and 2 minutes are worth it. Particularly Marsh's try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Anyone know what happened the Leinster fixture calendar that you could put on your iphone/android? It used to be really handy but doesn't seem to work anymore

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Sangre wrote: »

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/rabodirect_pro12_tv_match_highlights.php

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Tox56 wrote: »
    I think marsh is a pretty big omission there, he was as influential as pretty much anyone. Not sure how he would cope at higher levels but you can't knock him based on what he's doing so far

His kicking from hand was fairly awful though all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Bridge93 wrote: »
    You wouldn't believe Ringrose was a scrum half until 5th year and only took up centre in the middle of 6th year. He's never played wing before as far as I know bar a few A games

Was he not on the wing for UCD last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened the Leinster fixture calendar that you could put on your iphone/android? It used to be really handy but doesn't seem to work anymore

Here's one: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/files/downloads/season-2015-16(2).pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

stephen_n wrote: »

his kicking has always been a weakness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14112.php#.VhKdaflVhHx

Leinster Rugby have this afternoon confirmed Head Coach Leo Cullen's coaching team with the appointment of Girvan Dempsey as backs coach up until the end of the 2016/17 season and that Richie Murphy has accepted an offer from the IRFU of a full time role with the Union.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

stephen_n wrote: »

I really didn't think it was, but I guess I'll need to watch it again.

ssaye2 wrote: »
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14112.php#.VhKdaflVhHx

Leinster Rugby have this afternoon confirmed Head Coach Leo Cullen's coaching team with the appointment of Girvan Dempsey as backs coach up until the end of the 2016/17 season and that Richie Murphy has accepted an offer from the IRFU of a full time role with the Union.

Brilliant that we've got this sorted. Very happy with the setup now, obviously outside of us needing to find a new Academy Manager. I'm interested to see who comes into that Academy position because it's a very important role for us.

The appointment of Easterby as Head of Rugby Operations (which would be called Director of Rugby most places) is pretty crucial. No better man to take it on either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

So Murphy is leaving, any idea if he'll be replaced?

Happy with that. I've been critical of Richie doing the double jobbing so that's sorted. I also think Girv has done some great work with the Academy and look forward to seeing what he can do with the Seniors now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

Any ideas on who will replace Girv in the academy?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Redgirl82 wrote: »

You can download an .ics file from the Leinster site and import it into your Gmail calendar on your computer, if its the same account on your Android phone it'll automatically sync. Not sure about iPhone.

Note - they have loads of unconfirmed fixtures in the 2nd half of the season in that calendar which you can delete, kind of annoying though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

CatFromHue wrote: »
    So Murphy is leaving, any idea if he'll be replaced?

??? Being replaced by Dempsey.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I thought Murphy was more a skills coach than a backs coach, no?

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I thought Murphy was more a skills coach than a backs coach, no?

roles being combined afaik.

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    ??? Being replaced by Dempsey.

I saw Declan Kidney in Lisne....

Actually joking aside he'd be good for that sort of a role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

You can download an .ics file from the Leinster site and import it into your Gmail calendar on your computer, if its the same account on your Android phone it'll automatically sync. Not sure about iPhone.

Note - they have loads of unconfirmed fixtures in the 2nd half of the season in that calendar which you can delete, kind of annoying though.

Thanks......I have it for years and I had the following address: http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tools/calendars/leinster-leinster-fixtures-leinster-2013.ics

when it should be
    http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/tools/calendars/leinster-leinster-fixtures-leinster-2014.ics

So change the 2013 to 2014 and works now....just putting up in case anyone has same problem

Just to install I had to fully delete old subscription and re-add

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So who will replace Girv in the Academy? We really have a lot to thank him for over the last few years, and I just hope we can find a decent replacement.

vienne86 wrote: »
    So who will replace Girv in the Academy? We really have a lot to thank him for over the last few years, and I just hope we can find a decent replacement.

No obvious candidate right now, maybe Hugh Hogan will get the bump up from u20 coach but i'd be surprised as he just got promoted from u19 coach.

Doubt Shaun Berne as the experience they are looking for either, he just took up his current role with leinster afaik.

Should be interesting to follow anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

unce09f wrote: »
    No obvious candidate right now, maybe Hugh Hogan will get the bump up from u20 coach but i'd be surprised as he just got promoted from u19 coach.

Doubt Shaun Berne as the experience they are looking for either, he just took up his current role with leinster afaik.

Should be interesting to follow anyway.

Well Girv deserves a promotion. And from what we have seen so far this season, I would say himself and Leo are working well together.

• Administrators Posts: 53,842 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Just a reminder for all you season ticket holders that if you want to attend the BDO Budget Review you must register by close of business tomorrow. Not many places left apparently, register now to avoid disappointment ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Leinster 'A' Team v Munster 'A', Interprovincial Friendly, Wednesday, 7th October, Donnybrook Stadium, KO 5pm

15. Billy Dardis
    14. Adam Byrne
    13. Colm O'Shea
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Steve Crosbie
    9. Nick McCarthy CAPTAIN

1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Royce Burke-Flynn
    4. Tom Denton
    5. Tadhg Beirne
    6. Josh Murphy
    7. David Aspil
    8. Tony Ryan

Replacements

16. Sean McNulty
    17. Ian Hirst
    18. Oisin Heffernan
    19. Gavin Thornbury
    20. David O'Connor
    21. Max Deegan
    22. Charlie Rock
    23. Ross Byrne
    24. Darragh Fanning
    25. Thomas Farrell

They'll win by at least 200 points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Interesting to see Crosbie at 10 ahead of Byrne. A decent team.

• Advertisement

Interesting to see Crosbie at 10 ahead of Byrne. A decent team.

And Adam Byrne ahead of Fanj.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement