Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭unce09f

molloyjh wrote: »
    Anyone here at the A game? Wouldn't mind hearing reports from a Leinster perspective as I can't make it.

Dardis just scored a try. Daly missed conversion.

Dardis injured himself scoring the try and is replaced by Fanning.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Mick McGrath hit the gym in the summer, he's bloody huge compared to last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Released back...?

You know what I mean. There will surely be a rest week for anyone who has played a decent amount in the RWC.

McGrath got a try that was made by Daly.

15-3 to Leinster.

22-10 with around 20 minutes to go.

• Advertisement

22-17 now after intercept of Adam Byrne pass, Leinster down to 14 men.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

You know what I mean. There will surely be a rest week for anyone who has played a decent amount in the RWC.

It's completely up to their clubs! May well see them pressed into action and then rested after the first Champions Cup fixtures

Leinster A won. 2 yellows and a intercept try in the last 10 minutes.

aimee1 wrote: »

Does that article not say that the salary cap does not permit? But that they are looking for other ways to get him back down under?

• Advertisement

Does that article not say that the salary cap does not permit? But that they are looking for other ways to get him back down under?

The salary cap means it'll be tough for the Broncos but the Roosters fans are pretty keen for him to return to Sydney anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Still very patchy. No hint of a deal being done, just that the Broncos want him... He'd also miss the first three months of the NRL season.

Looks like we'd need to pay him in the region of 300k to be competitive. That's very achievable.

If he's here without family then odds are he'll go back but based on what we've seen we should do our utmost to keep him.

If he's here without family then odds are he'll go back but based on what we've seen we should do our utmost to keep him.

he lives with Noel Reid, no family. He is going back to Oz from what i've heard.

not sure homesick is the right word but he wants to get back to that lifestyle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I'd rather we didn't splash out to keep him tbh. Let him go. I'd rather see us splash out for a 12 or a scrum-half or a lock.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Hagz wrote: »
    I'd rather we didn't splash out to keep him tbh. Let him go. I'd rather see us splash out for a 12 or a scrum-half or a lock.

We should be able to afford a lock from the Douglas Fund. And personally I think Te'o offers things none of our home grown guys do. I'd love to keep him on. We should be getting Kirchner off our books at this stage too and looking to replace him with a SH.

We should be able to afford a lock from the Douglas Fund. And personally I think Te'o offers things none of our home grown guys do. I'd love to keep him on. We should be getting Kirchner off our books at this stage too and looking to replace him with a SH.

Nacewa will be the only NIQ that's currently here that will be on the books again next season.

Not sure Leinster will be allowed go after a NIQ scrumhalf, due to lack of depth and Pienaar. Marmion or Cooney or Hart are the most likely signings unless we go for a project player.

A NIQ signing is needed but will we actually buy a good one? Our record on that isn't great. Mick Kearney seems to be earmarked as McCarthy's replacement. Hopefully he and Molony can step up there. I wonder if we could get Franco Van Der Merwe from Ulster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Thought Shane Horgan was retired? :-)

unce09f wrote: »
    Nacewa will be the only NIQ that's currently here that will be on the books again next season.

Not sure Leinster will be allowed go after a NIQ scrumhalf, due to lack of depth and Pienaar. Marmion or Cooney or Hart are the most likely signings unless we go for a project player.

A NIQ signing is needed but will we actually buy a good one? Our record on that isn't great. Mick Kearney seems to be earmarked as McCarthy's replacement. Hopefully he and Molony can step up there. I wonder if we could get Franco Van Der Merwe from Ulster?

If we're still utilising McGrath and have McCarthy coming through the Academy as well as having sent Cooney to Connacht then I think we should be afforded some leeway there. We have provided 2 SHs to Ireland consistently for a few years. We can't be punished for the fact that the other provinces are struggling to produce good 9s.

If we're still utilising McGrath and have McCarthy coming through the Academy as well as having sent Cooney to Connacht then I think we should be afforded some leeway there. We have provided 2 SHs to Ireland consistently for a few years. We can't be punished for the fact that the other provinces are struggling to produce good 9s.

Leinster haven't brought through a 9 in over a decade plus.

So we can't exactly point to the other provinces and complain they aren't producing good 9's when we haven't either. In fact Munster/Connacht have produced more than us for the national team.

The IRFU can point to us having the last two irish u20 scrumhalves in our system, both who captained that side and say use those two and if you want to sign one, sign an IQ'd 9 - Marmion/Cooney/Hart. Two of which were leinster underage players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Hagz wrote: »

We have a perfectly good 12 in Reid, there is no one else ready or coming through that would take T'eo's jersey.

stephen_n wrote: »
    We have a perfectly good 12 in Reid, there is no one else ready or coming through that would take T'eo's jersey.

Apart from the Messiah of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

"I should know, I've followed a few"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Oh yes, how could I forget that Ringrose is good enough to step straight in there. :)

DarraghFanningrugbyplayer.jpg

Amen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

stephen_n wrote: »

I wouldn't call Reid perfectly good personally. I would be fine with Luke Fitzgerald playing 13 until Ringrose steps up.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Fanning was a vocal presence when he came on for the As. He seemed to be the one directing traffic in defence.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Fanning was a vocal presence when he came on for the As. He seemed to be the one directing traffic in defence.

Interesting, because he was all over the shop on that regard in some matches last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I believe Fanning has played centre in the past also...

• Advertisement

"I should know, I've followed a few"

I'm really tempted to get a few Ringrose Life of Brien t-shirts printed now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement