Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

What kind of bench would we be looking at there? :(

Tracy, Hagan, Royce, Beirne, that new temporary fella whose name escapes me, McGrath, Byrne, Kelleher/McGrath/Fanj

Hmmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

When's Mick Kearney going to be fit?

Ah not absolutely woeful really (all things considered)

Leinster Caps Ireland Caps
    1 Michael Bent 55 4
    2 Aaron Dundon 48 0
    3 Marty Moore 45 10
    4 Tom Denton 35 0
    5 Ross Moloney 5 0
    6 Dominic Ryan 29 1
    7 Dan Leavy 6 0
    8 Josh Van der Flier 8 0
    9 Iasaac Boss 124 23
    10 Cathal Marsh 4 0
    11 Garry Ringrose 2 0
    12 Noel Reid 43 1
    13 Ben Te'o 16 0
    14 Fergus McFadden 128 29
    15 Isa NacewaGOD 129 0
    16 James Tracy 4 0
    17 Jamie Hagan 49 1
    18 Royce Burke Flynn 2 0
    19 Tadhg Beirne 2 0
    21 Luke McGrath 30 0
    22 Ross Byrne 2 0
    23 Darragh Fanning 34 ∞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

That is Tony Ryan, he is a Tarf player in with Leinster on a short term deal

• Advertisement

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    That is Tony Ryan, he is a Tarf player in with Leinster on a short term deal

Looks like he's enjoying himself in any case!

Might he get a run out this weekend?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RichieRich89

If Conan is injured I'd say it's a fairly safe bet that one of Tony Ryan and Peadar Timmins will be in the 23

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Wouldn't surprise me. Not sure who left would be ahead of him at 8 really. Maybe Paeder Timmons, although Tony was way better when the 2 played each other a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Tarf1234 wrote: »
    Wouldn't surprise me. Not sure who left would be ahead of him at 8 really. Maybe Paeder Timmons, although Tony was way better when the 2 played each other a few weeks ago.

Timmons did well in the pre-season game. Albeit against poor opposition. Wouldn't be surprised to see him involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14135.php

Hayden Triggs signs

Leinster Rugby have this afternoon confirmed that Maori All Blacks lock Hayden Triggs has signed a contract with the province until the end of the season. The 33 year old Wellington native, who has been capped nine times by the Maoris, will arrive into Leinster Rugby tomorrow having been granted a work permit...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Decent signing based on his pedigree (I've never seen him play I'll admit). Still a shame Douglas isn't around this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Very interesting signing. Can't imagine that's just a reaction to the McCarthy callup, must have been planned before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Very interesting signing. Can't imagine that's just a reaction to the McCarthy callup, must have been planned before.

It was yeah, few injuries Mick Kearney out til new year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

So we've signed Hayden Triggs.

If the Mick Kearney injury is worse than we've been told, then grand.

If not, I'd struggle to see the logic of this.

Edit: Oh, Kearney is out until New Year. Carry on so.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Well we didn't replace Douglas with anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Ceadog

Bit of a journeyman signing, really. Early in his career it seems he was kept out of club squads by AB internationals but it doesn't seem like he ever really pushed on after breaking through to NZ Maori.

Interestingly he played against Ireland in the 07 Churchill Cup (a team featuring Heaslip and Kearney Snr.) and again in 2010 when they beat us (Sexton, Ruddock, Reddan, Horgan, Fogarty, Cronin, and Kearney were all on duty that day). So he's reasonably familiar with a few of the Leinster lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Don't know a thing about the guy but hopefully he proves a decent signing.

With RBF, Kearney and Conan all injured now too how many are we missing at the moment?

RWC: Healy, McGrath, Cronin, Strauss, Ross, Furlong, Toner, McCarthy, SOB, Heaslip, Murphy, Ruddock, Reddan, Sexton, Madigan, Fitz, D Kearney, R Kearney, Kirchner (19)

Injury: E Byrne, RBF, M Kearney, Conan, D'Arcy (technically) (5)

So 24 missing plus Locky retired. That's pretty incredible. I know Darce can be discounted really but its still a huge number.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Triggs looked good in SR towards the end of the season last year, happy enough about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

One year deal sounds good. If it turns out the young Leinster locks are ready to step up then it's not an unnecessary long term commitment.

Terrible news for Mick Kearney at the same time. With Douglas gone it was a really bad time (of course there's never a good time) to be out injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

We'll miss McCarthy over the coming weeks, but I must say, I'm delighted for the guy that he has got the call up.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,115 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

vienne86 wrote: »
    We'll miss McCarthy over the coming weeks, but I must say, I'm delighted for the guy that he has got the call up.

Must say im a bit surprised at it. Id have thought Tuohy or Dave Foley would be ahead, especially after DT missing the cut ahead of RWC

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Must say im a bit surprised at it. Id have thought Tuohy or Dave Foley would be ahead, especially after DT missing the cut ahead of RWC

Touhy seems to have gone badly off the boil and Foley hasn't been part of the setup for any duration.

In fairness, not surprised by the call up and credit to the guy he is going very well this season. No brainer imo.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Mick Kearney out until February but we've signed Hayden Triggs who'll arrive tomorrow

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14135.php#.Vh02sPlVikq

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Roy Keane can drop by and take him for a walk.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Hayden Triggs signs for Leinster

https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/hayden-triggs-signs-for-leinster/353375

Much needed reinforcement for the second row.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Larbre34 wrote: »

Tuohy was useless in the warm ups and his only consistency has been in his inability to take his chance in a green jersey. No loss.
    McCarthy has looked good so far this season so it makes sense to call him up.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,612 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Triggs is another grunter of a lock who is good in the air and decent on the deck. It's up to Leo to make sure his work rate is up to scratch

Ross Byrne to make his first start. O'Shea in for his first game of the season, Te'o injured.

LEINSTER:

15. Isa Nacewa
    14. Fergus McFadden
    13. Colm O'Shea
    12. Noel Reid
    11. Garry Ringrose
    10. Ross Byrne
    9. Isaac Boss
    1. Michael Bent
    2. Bryan Byrne
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Tom Denton
    6. Dominic Ryan
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Dan Leavy

16. James Tracy
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Jamie Hagan
    19. Tadhg Beirne
    20. Tony Ryan
    21. Luke McGrath
    22. Cathal Marsh
    23. Mick McGrath

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wow Byrne and Collie O'Shea in the backline are big surprises.

Good to see Moore back starting at tighthead. Such a quality front row to have during the World Cup.

DTH Van Der Merwe is starting for Scarlets, no rest for the wicked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement