Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

And the Scarlets team. Going to be a tough game.

15 Aled Thomas, 14 Hadleigh Parkes, 13 Regan King, 12 Gareth Owen, 11 DTH van der Merwe, 10 Steven Shingler, 9 Aled Davies, 1 Rob Evans, 2 Kirby Myhill, 3 Peter Edwards, 4 George Earle, 5 Tom Price, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 James Davies, 8 John Barclay ©

Replacements: Ryan Elias, Phil John, Will Taylor, Tom Phillips, Jack Condy, Rhodri Williams, Dan Jones, Tom Williams

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Ben T'eo injured, that's a pity... looks pretty green.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Anyone know what the t'eo injury is?

Noel and Collie are well used to each other so would be good to see them click again.

Great to see Mick mcgrath's form in the AIL being rewarded again

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

They're planning on Te'o being available next weekend I believe, although it's not actually mentioned in the team announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Anyone else going to this? Over for the weekend so I'm thinking I'll go to this too.

• Advertisement

.ak wrote: »
    Anyone know what the t'eo injury is?

"A knock" in training. No harm to give O'Shea a run anyway.

It's pretty mad to think that there's only 4 games left until the Champions Cup starts.

There'll only be one game between the final of the World Cup and the Wasps game. That one game is on the Friday after the World Cup final 6 days before. Even if Ireland don't make the final that's still very little time.

I wonder how, or even if, they'll be able to go about integrating our lads back in time for those games. Unfortunately our first two games are against Wasps and Bath. Both teams will have their English internationals back for the entirety of the knockouts thanks to les follies anglais.

This is Wasps team this weekend:

Miller, Wade, Daly, Macken, Bassett, Gopperth, Simpson, Mullan, Johnson, Cooper-Woolley, Cannon, Gaskell, Jones, Smith, Hughes
    Festuccia, McIntyre, Swainston, Myall, Young, Robson, Jackson, Tagicakibau

Some excellent players there.

Bath's haven't announced their team yet but we know all about them.

If we lose our first two games out that's going to be the end of things unfortunately. Might be a very short European season for Leinster thanks to the success of the Irish team and the ineptitude of the English. Of course I wouldn't want it any other way!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

We certainly cannot complain about the exposure that the young lads are getting under the new coaching ticket

Always keep in mind that even if we lose the SF, we still have the bronze medal game.

Plus Kirchner will be in SA camp. He'll be nice and rested when he comes back though.

I think someone said here before that we put in some of our best performances after being in camp with Joe.
    Well, that was under MOC.... I think a lot of it will depend how drained the guys after the WC both mentally and physically..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

We certainly cannot complain about the exposure that the young lads are getting under the new coaching ticket

I don't think the new coaching ticket has much choice in the matter!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The first RCC game is 2 weeks after the RWC final/3rd place play off so the Irish guys should be available.

How on Earth Leo manages bringing back into the squad 20 or so players who he's never coached under this coaching ticket is another thing though!

CatFromHue wrote: »
    The first RCC game is 2 weeks after the RWC final/3rd place play off so the Irish guys should be available.

How on Earth Leo manages bringing back into the squad 20 or so players who he's never coached under this coaching ticket is another thing though!

The players might be available but the only game between the last weekend of the World Cup and the first game of the Champions Cup is on the Friday night.

I don't think it's realistic that the Leinster lads will be available for the Friday night game, maybe I'm wrong. So their first game back if we beat Argentina will be the first game in Europe!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭colster

CatFromHue wrote: »

They were with Leinster for part of pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

The players might be available but the only game between the last weekend of the World Cup and the first game of the Champions Cup is on the Friday night.

I don't think it's realistic that the Leinster lads will be available for the Friday night game, maybe I'm wrong. So their first game back if we beat Argentina will be the first game in Europe!
    He may try to start or bench the bench/fringe players for that game eg Strauss,Cronin, Murphy. Obviously starters like Ross or Kearney will be more problematic.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

It seems likely one of Sexton/Madigan will need to start that game too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Any word on why Dundon isn't in the squad? A LBP would be a good result from this one I think. That side is a lot closer to a B&I team than a Pro12 one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

Zzippy wrote: »

;) No need to let the facts get in the way of a good spin

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Zuffer

The Leinster sub back row, Tony Ryan, shows up as N/A on the Ultimate Rugby app. Shows how far down the depth chart Leinster are for this game. I never thought I'd see the day that Leinster run out of back row players, but it feels like it's almost here.

The scarlets team has a decent sprinkling of quality and experience. I fear we could be in for an ugly day. I'd take a losing bonus point.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭lotmc

It's pretty mad to think that there's only 4 games left until the Champions Cup starts.

There'll only be one game between the final of the World Cup and the Wasps game. That one game is on the Friday after the World Cup final 6 days before. Even if Ireland don't make the final that's still very little time.

I wonder how, or even if, they'll be able to go about integrating our lads back in time for those games. Unfortunately our first two games are against Wasps and Bath. Both teams will have their English internationals back for the entirety of the knockouts thanks to les follies anglais.

This is Wasps team this weekend:

Miller, Wade, Daly, Macken, Bassett, Gopperth, Simpson, Mullan, Johnson, Cooper-Woolley, Cannon, Gaskell, Jones, Smith, Hughes
    Festuccia, McIntyre, Swainston, Myall, Young, Robson, Jackson, Tagicakibau

Some excellent players there.

Bath's haven't announced their team yet but we know all about them.

If we lose our first two games out that's going to be the end of things unfortunately. Might be a very short European season for Leinster thanks to the success of the Irish team and the ineptitude of the English. Of course I wouldn't want it any other way!

Bloody typical of the English Clubs. Resting their best players by ensuring that they have to play with England.

• Advertisement

molloyjh wrote: »
    Any word on why Dundon isn't in the squad? A LBP would be a good result from this one I think. That side is a lot closer to a B&I team than a Pro12 one.

No Conan either, that ankle must be worse than first feared..

Could be in for a hiding on Friday. I think a solid defensive display and try and pick up the LBP is about right. Not sure how many Scarlet's are missing but we're 3rd 4th choice in almost every position.

Could be in for a hiding on Friday. I think a solid defensive display and try and pick up the LBP is about right. Not sure how many Scarlet's are missing but we're 3rd 4th choice in almost every position.

The only thing is that our next two fixtures are o.k. Glasgow who are missing a load of players and then Treviso away... although we'll see how tomorrow night goes first..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Zzippy wrote: »

He is starting Byrne and O'shea, he could easily have gone with Marsh and McFadden in the centre. His hand is being forced a lot, but Leo seems quite willing to give the new guys a go too, when he doesn't have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

scott1974 wrote: »
    The only thing is that our next two fixtures are o.k. Glasgow who are missing a load of players and then Treviso away... although we'll see how tomorrow night goes first..

I wouldn't take that Glasgow team too lightly. Munster struggled against them at home not too long ago and they're missing a lot less players than ye!

stephen_n wrote: »
    He is starting Byrne and O'shea, he could easily have gone with Marsh and McFadden in the centre. His hand is being forced a lot, but Leo seems quite willing to give the new guys a go too, when he doesn't have to.

And he could have started Luke McGrath. And the last crowd didn't need to use Molony or JVDF a lot of the times that they did. This is a complete red herring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Bazzo wrote: »
    I wouldn't take that Glasgow team too lightly. Munster struggled against them at home not too long ago and they're missing a lot less players than ye!

If Scotland go out this weekend, they'll likely have a few players back too

Bazzo wrote: »

Yeah, I saw bits of that game.. just saying it's a favorable fixture and it's at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Leinster must have the highest contingent of players playing at the World Cup surely?

Also Ian McKinley launched a petition to let him play versus Irish sides when using his eye goggles, I'm sure people here wouldn't mind signing it

https://www.change.org/p/world-rugby-and-the-irfu-let-ian-mckinley-play-on-irish-soil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Leinster must have the highest contingent of players playing at the World Cup surely?

Either Leinster or Glasgow. Both have over 20 away at the world cup. Leinster probably edge it with the 2 recent call ups.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement