Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Could be a long night.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

We need to have exits from our half that don't involve running the ball or relying on Boss' box kicks, which have been poor.

It's going to be a night like Edinburgh last month from the looks of it. Ross Byrne is really struggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

molloyjh wrote: »
    We need to have exits from our half that don't involve running the ball or relying on Boss' box kicks, which have been poor.

It's going to be a night like Edinburgh last month from the looks of it. Ross Byrne is really struggling.

I have no idea why Byrne is playing

Terrible decision. Should have been advantage Leinster for holding on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Is boards really slow to load for anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Hagz wrote: »

Almost unusable.

There is a match thread btw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Thought it was just me.

Didn't want to be the guy to ask... >_>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Deteriorating degrees of unusable over the last week.
    Everyone is over here :
    http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewforum.php?f=3&sid=afa5690a71cc2030f18a9d9e0b062e5a

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Anyone know what the problem is?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,686 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Is McCarthy gonna be our sub SH for the rest of the world cup now with Boss after getting called up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »
    Is McCarthy gonna be our sub SH for the rest of the world cup now with Boss after getting called up?

Yes. Probably only for one game though (or none, if we lose tomorrow), Boss won't need a rest period after the RWC.

A 20th call-up for Leinster, fantastic.

Delighted that McGrath will definitley start now. I suppose Nick McCarthy will be the bench option. One St.Michael's half-back partnership to start with another St.Michael's half-back partnership on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

A 20th call-up for Leinster, fantastic.

Not sure if that's a sarcastic "fantastic" but Boss being with Ireland does Leinster a favour, he's extremely poor and it removes and temptation Cullen might have to start him.

Not sure if that's a sarcastic "fantastic" but Boss being with Ireland does Leinster a favour, he's extremely poor and it removes and temptation Cullen might have to start him.

Nothing sarcastic about it at all. As a Leinster fan I'm proud of that stat and I'm delighted for Boss, same as I was for Ruddock and McCarthy, he's earned this.

Nothing sarcastic about it at all. As a Leinster fan I'm proud of that stat and I'm delighted for Boss, same as I was for Ruddock and McCarthy, he's earned this.

I'm delighted for Luke McGrath!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Hope the last player to leave Leinster remembers to turn out of the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What's the story with Ben Te'o, assume he's injured, how long is he out for?

errlloyd wrote: »

And all fans need to bring their boots to the next few matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

There is an injustice being done here. And yet there isn't. Let me suggest an equal support to all four provinces so players can be dragged from all four communities. An equal standing for all. As is, Leinster is the dominant force for our international players. So what do you want. You get your players on the international squad day in and day out. Yes, your squad is decimated. Which part of the equation doesn't work. Would be happy to hear an equal sharing of resources between provinces.

flouncer wrote: »
    There is an injustice being done here. And yet there isn't. Let me suggest an equal support to all four provinces so players can be dragged from all four communities. An equal standing for all. As is, Leinster is the dominant force for our international players. So what do you want. You get your players on the international squad day in and day out. Yes, your squad is decimated. Which part of the equation doesn't work. Would be happy to hear an equal sharing of resources between provinces.

Ah flouncer I was just messing. Trying to make light of it. I frankly do think it's ridiculous. Leinster have an embarrassment of Riches, it's a damn shame people like Marsh, Van Den Flier and Ringrose will struggle to get a look in this year once the world cup is over.

I think there is an unfair perception their careers will be better serviced in Leinster than in connacht. Better coaching, better TV coverage leading to better awareness among fans, better opportunities to play top European rugby. And all of that ties into a better chance of being selected.

Luckily in the last few years a few of those have become less true.

Connacht are well coached, playing high level rugby, and white is one of only a few marginal calls (versus bent) that went against Leinster, so they're getting selected. Coverage has improved, TV coverage still lacking, but general press and media engagement has increased.

#sidetrack.

• Advertisement

Ah flouncer I was just messing. Trying to make light of it. I frankly do think it's ridiculous. Leinster have an embarrassment of Riches, it's a damn shame people like Marsh, Van Den Flier and Ringrose will struggle to get a look in this year once the world cup is over.

I think there is an unfair perception their careers will be better serviced in Leinster than in connacht. Better coaching, better TV coverage leading to better awareness among fans, better opportunities to play top European rugby. And all of that ties into a better chance of being selected.

Luckily in the last few years a few of those have become less true.

Connacht are well coached, playing high level rugby, and white is one of only a few marginal calls (versus bent) that went against Leinster, so they're getting selected. Coverage has improved, TV coverage still lacking, but general press and media engagement has increased.

#sidetrack.

Having been critical of pat lam (hands raised) I would really like (not to take exception) to take issue with your viewpoint. I accept what you say about embarrassment of riches. I just pose the idea of equal share to ultimately lead towards a stronger national team (I guess that would be the point?).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Are you suggesting players should be forced to move to other provinces, against their will? Connacht have done fairly well out of the Leinster Academy in the last few years. Considering how many academy players are currently in our match day squads, we clearly need all we have. Unless of course you're suggesting we should fall on our own sword, figuratively speaking and get rid of our best players to other provinces, so we don't lose so many, in international windows.

Having been critical of pat lam (hands raised) I would really like (not to take exception) to take issue with your viewpoint. I accept what you say about embarrassment of riches. I just pose the idea of equal share to ultimately lead towards a stronger national team (I guess that would be the point?).

I think we agree that Ireland would be better served by the movement of Academy players to Connacht, not just at the point of their careers where they realise they're not necessarily going to be first teamers with Leinster, but slightly early perhaps.

I think we also agree Pat Lam is a great coach.

I think you support a centralised system that moves players, or a draft of some sort perhaps to get players to Connacht. I merely hope we can place enough financial investment there, that players want to move.

stephen_n wrote: »
    Are you suggesting players should be forced to move to other provinces, against their will? Connacht have done fairly well out of the Leinster Academy in the last few years. Considering how many academy players are currently in our match day squads, we clearly need all we have. Unless of course you're suggesting we should fall on our own sword, figuratively speaking and get rid of our best players to other provinces, so we don't lose so many, in international windows.

Its not a matter of forcing players. Its a matter of a balanced system that provides the best opportunities to our up and coming talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's pretty mad to think that there's only 4 games left until the Champions Cup starts.

There'll only be one game between the final of the World Cup and the Wasps game. That one game is on the Friday after the World Cup final 6 days before. Even if Ireland don't make the final that's still very little time.

I wonder how, or even if, they'll be able to go about integrating our lads back in time for those games. Unfortunately our first two games are against Wasps and Bath. Both teams will have their English internationals back for the entirety of the knockouts thanks to les follies anglais.

This is Wasps team this weekend:

Miller, Wade, Daly, Macken, Bassett, Gopperth, Simpson, Mullan, Johnson, Cooper-Woolley, Cannon, Gaskell, Jones, Smith, Hughes
    Festuccia, McIntyre, Swainston, Myall, Young, Robson, Jackson, Tagicakibau

Some excellent players there.

Bath's haven't announced their team yet but we know all about them.

If we lose our first two games out that's going to be the end of things unfortunately. Might be a very short European season for Leinster thanks to the success of the Irish team and the ineptitude of the English. Of course I wouldn't want it any other way!

I can't help but feel I am responsible for our loss against Argentina with this post.

BUT

In an attempt to find ANYTHING positive out of today lets hope that we get as many lads back fresh and fit into training as soon as possible so they can get their systems together in time for the Wasps game. Maybe beating the English teams in Europe will make me feel better about everything :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I can't help but feel I am responsible for our loss against Argentina with this post.

BUT

In an attempt to find ANYTHING positive out of today lets hope that we get as many lads back fresh and fit into training as soon as possible so they can get their systems together in time for the Wasps game. Maybe beating the English teams in Europe will make me feel better about everything :(

Luke Fitzgerald plays for us, everything is going to be ok... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

Since Ireland's RWC is over, how long will it be until we have the lads back playing for Leinster?

haiyna wrote: »
    Since Ireland's RWC is over, how long will it be until we have the lads back playing for Leinster?

Looking at Dave Kearney, I suspect broken finger, so it be a while for him. You would have to think with the player welfare system it will be at least 3 weeks before key players return, those on the fringes of the squad maybe 2 weeks. All a guess though.

Looking at Dave Kearney, I suspect broken finger, so it be a while for him. You would have to think with the player welfare system it will be at least 3 weeks before key players return, those on the fringes of the squad maybe 2 weeks. All a guess though.

Where are you getting broken finger from? Looked like it was just dislocated in the game.

• Advertisement

Where are you getting broken finger from? Looked like it was just dislocated in the game.

Well if it was broken, the physio twisting and grabbing at it for five minutes won't have helped...

I'd hope to see the new call ups plus Furlong this week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement