Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I would hope Furlong, Ruddock and McCarthy are good to go.

But I'm really enjoying watching the young lads. In particular Van der Flier and Ringrose. Hopefully the WC lads are drip fed in and we get to see these young guns involved in even better sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

So am I correct in assuming that they won't be back for the Glasgow Warriors?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

I would imagine that it will be a phased return to play, maybe something along the lines of

Furlong Boss McCarthy Cronin & Ruddock next week
    Strauss Murphy SOB Redden Sexton Fitzgerald two weeks time
    Dave Rob Madigan Healy McGrath Ross Toner Heaslip three weeks time

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

I would imagine that it will be a phased return to play, maybe something along the lines of

Furlong Boss McCarthy Cronin & Ruddock next week
    Strauss Murphy SOB Redden Sexton Fitzgerald two weeks time
    Dave Rob Madigan Healy McGrath Ross Toner Heaslip three weeks time

I doubt Sexton will be ready in 2 weeks. Best to rest him and let the groin heal fully, last thing you want is to rush him back and aggravate the injury.
    Healy hasn't played a lot of rugby, I'd bring him back sooner as he still needs gametime to get back to full speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think some common sense between Townsend and Cullen could give the world cup lads a week off, although they might not want it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

On the bright side ye might get a chance to catch Connacht before pro12 season end :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'd assume Rhys, Maccer and Boss go straight back in. Furlong probably as well given he had such little game time.

Then the guys with limited game time like Cronin, Murphy, Reddan and Luke should be back for Treviso.

Entire squad (fitness permitting) back for Scarlets at home in preparation for the Champions Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

molloyjh wrote: »
    I'd assume Rhys, Maccer and Boss go straight back in. Furlong probably as well given he had such little game time.

Then the guys with limited game time like Cronin, Murphy, Reddan and Luke should be back for Treviso.

Entire squad (fitness permitting) back for Scarlets at home in preparation for the Champions Cup.

Getting Rhys and MacCarthy back for this weekend would be a huge help for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Must be absolutely ball breaking to go back into the provinces now. Players heads must be all over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

.ak wrote: »
    Must be absolutely ball breaking to go back into the provinces now. Players heads must be all over the shop.

Definitely. Trying to pick yourself up for a trip to Treviso the day after watching the World Cup final on TV? Blaaah.

I suppose the best-case scenario is that the lads use it as motivation, shot at redemption etc. Worst case is they're physically and mentally shagged, carrying injuries into the European campaign and it takes weeks for Leo to integrate them.

Hmmm.

• Advertisement

The lads coming back must be shattered - very important that the likes of Heaslip et al get a decent break now to clear their heads.

The guys who weren't as involved won't be too bad. Even Sexton should be ok as we went out when he wasn't involved so he'll be chomping at the bit to get stuck in. You'd imagine Seanie too will be eager to make amends for the suspension.

It's guys like Madigan and the Kearneys I'd worry about. Heaslip too. Guys who were involved a huge amount and were out there on the day.

Either way we should hopefully be looking at something like this for Friday:

Bent Dundon Moore
    Moloney McCarthy
    Ruddock Leavy VDF

McGrath Marsh
    Reid Te'o/O'Shea
    Ringrose Nacewa McFadden

Byrne, Dooley, Furlong, Denton, Ryan, Boss, Byrne, Kelleher/O'Shea

With something like this for the Treviso game:

Healy Cronin Moore
    Moloney McCarthy
    Ruddock Murphy VDF

McGrath Marsh
    Reid Te'o
    Fitzgerald Nacewa McFadden

Strauss, Bent, Furlong, Triggs, Leavy, Reddan, Byrne, Ringrose

And then this for Scarlets:

McGrath Cronin Ross
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

Reddan Sexton/Madigan
    Reid Te'o
    Fitzgerald Kearney Nacewa

Strauss, Healy, Furlong, Triggs, VDF/Leavy, McGrath, Madigan/Marsh, McFadden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    The lads coming back must be shattered - very important that the likes of Heaslip et al get a decent break now to clear their heads.

I would play SOB.

aimee1 wrote: »
    I would play SOB.

Maybe, but I would not expect him to be back before the Scarlets game.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

vienne86 wrote: »
    Maybe, but I would not expect him to be back before the Scarlets game.

SOB hasn't played much rugby over the past 12 months. Could be one of the first we see back.

I am keen to hear about Sexton's injury issues. Could really do with not losing him for a long period, he's absolutely key to progression.

Hope to see Cathal Marsh get a start this weekend with McGrath anyway. The likes of Cronin and Furlong could come straight back in given their recent lack of game time, McCarthy and Boss could come straight back into the 23 I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Hayden Triggs took part in training and it looks there's a chance Conan might be available.

Te'o looks to be back too.

Carberry is a small chap isn't he....

1068870.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭metrosity

Id say it's a breath of fresh air. Club rugby has been very fruitful for us Irish, positive, nice memories, good feels.

The 2017 6 nations could be a bit of a downer but time heals the wounds.

metrosity wrote: »
    Id say it's a breath of fresh air. Club rugby has been very fruitful for us Irish, positive, nice memories, good feels.

The 2017 6 nations could be a bit of a downer but time heals the wounds.

And they must be sick and tired of being in camp.....home and a bit of normality must be attractive at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Wishful thinking but any chance we could make everyone's favourite Leinster thread e a temporary RWC free zone? I'm trying to give myself a RWC break for a few days but still need my Leinster fix.

Its vital for my mental health.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Sangre wrote: »
    Wishful thinking but any chance we could make everyone's favourite Leinster thread e a temporary RWC free zone? I'm trying to give myself a RWC break for a few days but still need my Leinster fix.

Its vital for my mental health.

Eh, the 2015 rwc was cancelled, didn't you hear?

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What are the chances of getting parked on Clyde Road / that sort of area on Friday night for the game?

Should be free at that time, right?

awec wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting parked on Clyde Road / that sort of area on Friday night for the game?

You'll probably struggle to get free parking in that area at that time I'd imagine. We normally stick the car in the church car park behind the RDS, but that's gone up to something like €8 now. There are areas in and around the cottages in Donnybrook that are free, but you'd need to go looking for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

awec wrote: »

I usually park around there, generally no hassle getting a spot. Just make sure to check that the street you're on is free after 7pm, some of them are paid up until midnight.

If you're coming from city centre, you'll usually get a spot along Mount St/Northumberland Road too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I got sorted anyway, thanks both.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Should it be possible to pay in on Friday or do you have to get a ticket in advance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Triggs looks like the leader of a post-apocalyptic biker gang...

1068883_rdax_638x480_80.jpg

Should it be possible to pay in on Friday or do you have to get a ticket in advance?

I'd say you could get in on the day. But it might be easier and cheaper to have a look at the ticket exchange option on the Leinster page?
    Neil3030 wrote: »
    Triggs looks like the leader of a post-apocalyptic biker gang...

1068883_rdax_638x480_80.jpg

Bit of dog in the row, no harm!

molloyjh wrote: »
    Bit of dog in the row, no harm!

I like that in a lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Eh, the 2015 rwc was cancelled, didn't you hear?

And replaced with the final 2 rounds of the rugby championship

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement