Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭total former

Should it be possible to pay in on Friday or do you have to get a ticket in advance?

+1 on the ticket exchange idea; won't be any cheaper but you will probably get a better seat than if you buy at the ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

metrosity wrote: »
    Id say it's a breath of fresh air. Club rugby has been very fruitful for us Irish, positive, nice memories, good feels.

The 2017 6 nations could be a bit of a downer but time heals the wounds.

You think it's going to take that long? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

rrpc wrote: »
    You think it's going to take that long? :eek:

I'm more interested in the in-between 6N!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Hoping we'll still see a lot of Ringrose even though the a lot of the senior players are back from the WC. Been one of the main bright spots for me this season. Dont know where he can go though. Fitz and the Kearneys put him out of a back 3 place and Madigan will presumably go to 12. Leaves himself and Te'o as the only recognised 13's in the squad, but Fitz would probably get the call to go there if an injury to Te'o occurred.

Clegg wrote: »
    Hoping we'll still see a lot of Ringrose even though the a lot of the senior players are back from the WC. Been one of the main bright spots for me this season. Dont know where he can go though. Fitz and the Kearneys put him out of a back 3 place and Madigan will presumably go to 12. Leaves himself and Te'o as the only recognised 13's in the squad, but Fitz would probably get the call to go there if an injury to Te'o occurred.

He has been very good these past couple of weeks. I have not seen him at 13, but I would love to see him get a chance there in the Pro12.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

awec wrote: »
    What are the chances of getting parked on Clyde Road / that sort of area on Friday night for the game?

Should be free at that time, right?

Isn't some of Herbert Park free after 14:00ish?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Clegg wrote: »

Even if he's just playing a big part in our B&I Cup team I'll be happy.

Not sure how things are going to go at 12. Would like to see Noel Reid claim that place but he needs to improve on what he's shown at times this season defensively, particularly last week and week 1. I think if he does then he's our best attacking option there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

molloyjh wrote: »

Bit of dog in the row, no harm!

But what if he turns out to have a heart of gold? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Neil3030 wrote: »
    But what if he turns out to have a heart of gold? :(

Then he'd better unlearn that s**t right now!

phog wrote: »
    Isn't some of Herbert Park free after 14:00ish?

I think it's 1830. I never seem to have too much trouble finding a spot either in Herbert Park or Pembroke Park, and occasionally I go to Ailesbury Grove (off Angelsea Road). I try to get there at least 45 minutes before kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

So, seeing as the world cup was cancelled :P . Do we think any of the Irish squad players will be let play this week for Leinster? Huge game against Glasgow. Would like to see Luke and Rhys back anyway. Reddan maybe?

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think it's 1830. I never seem to have too much trouble finding a spot either in Herbert Park or Pembroke Park, and occasionally I go to Ailesbury Grove (off Angelsea Road). I try to get there at least 45 minutes before kick off.

I used it for the A game recently. I don't know the street names but driving from Donnybrook Fair down Herbert Park road towards the US Embassy, on the left side of the road (near the park itself) is free after 14:00, 14:30 or 15:00. I can't remember the exact time.

As you say the rest of the road is P&D up to 18:30 so it's almost irrelevant for an evening game anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Triggs looks like the leader of a post-apocalyptic biker gang...

1068883_rdax_638x480_80.jpg

Or a regular in the Blue Oyster Bar... ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

ktulu123 wrote: »
    So, seeing as the world cup was cancelled :P . Do we think any of the Irish squad players will be let play this week for Leinster? Huge game against Glasgow. Would like to see Luke and Rhys back anyway. Reddan maybe?

Don't see why Reddan couldn't play, nor Ruddock.

Doubt we'll see Fitzgerald.

Unless the IRFU take the view that the guys have been training hard at the WC and everyone is off this week no matter how little they played.

awec wrote: »
    Don't see why Reddan couldn't play, nor Ruddock.

Doubt we'll see Fitzgerald.

Unless the IRFU take the view that the guys have been training hard at the WC and everyone is off this week no matter how little they played.

I reckon the IRFU will do exactly that for all but the late call-ups.

I used it for the A game recently. I don't know the street names but driving from Donnybrook Fair down Herbert Park road towards the US Embassy, on the left side of the road (near the park itself) is free after 14:00, 14:30 or 15:00. I can't remember the exact time.

As you say the rest of the road is P&D up to 18:30 so it's almost irrelevant for an evening game anyway.

Pembroke Park I'd say.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Pembroke Park I'd say.

I hope this link works

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I hope this link works

It does.

I've parked on Raglan Rd for Leinster games before too think it's pay and display until 6.

It does.

I've parked on Raglan Rd for Leinster games before too think it's pay and display until 6.

On an Autumn day?

A team to play Ulster today:

15. Adam Byrne
    14. Darragh Fanning
    13. Thomas Farrell
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Joey Carbery
    9. Charlie Rock
    1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Sean McNulty
    3. Oisin Heffernan
    4. Tadhg Beirne
    5. Gavin Thornbury
    6. David O'Connor
    7. Peader Timmins CAPTAIN
    8. Tony Ryan

Beirne and Thornbury being named probably means Triggs and McCarthy will be playing for the seniors tomorrow.

Fanj and McGrath being there probably means Kelleher back in the senior 23?

• Advertisement

A team to play Ulster today:

15. Adam Byrne
    14. Darragh Fanning
    13. Thomas Farrell
    12. Tom Daly
    11. Mick McGrath
    10. Joey Carbery
    9. Charlie Rock
    1. Jeremy Loughman
    2. Sean McNulty
    3. Oisin Heffernan
    4. Tadhg Beirne
    5. Gavin Thornbury
    6. David O'Connor
    7. Peader Timmins CAPTAIN
    8. Tony Ryan

Beirne and Thornbury being named probably means Triggs and McCarthy will be playing for the seniors tomorrow.

Fanj and McGrath being there probably means Kelleher back in the senior 23?

Yeah it looks like Triggs is straight in. They obviously don't rate Beirne so he won't be staying on after his short term deal ends unless they want cover for the A side.

Interesting to see Byrne at FB. Does anyone know if he has played there much before?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

molloyjh wrote: »
    Yeah it looks like Triggs is straight in. They obviously don't rate Beirne so he won't be staying on after his short term deal ends unless they want cover for the A side.

Interesting to see Byrne at FB. Does anyone know if he has played there much before?

Yeah he's played a bit there for the A's. Not sure in AIL tho. Possibly at his best when countering with space, but dunno how his aerial skills are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

On an Autumn day?

that's where he met her

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14159#.VijBLn6rTcs

LEINSTER:

15. Isa Nacewa CAPTAIN
    14. Garry Ringrose
    13. Ben Te'o
    12. Noel Reid
    11. Fergus McFadden
    10. Cathal Marsh
    9. Luke McGrath
    1. Michael Bent
    2. Aaron Dundon
    3. Marty Moore
    4. Ross Molony
    5. Mike McCarthy
    6. Rhys Ruddock
    7. Josh van der Flier
    8. Jack Conan

16. James Tracy
    17. Peter Dooley
    18. Tadhg Furlong
    19. Dominic Ryan
    20. Daniel Leavy
    21. Isaac Boss
    22. Ross Byrne
    23. Cian Kelleher

Referee: Ian Davies (WRU, 36th competition game)
    Assistant Referees: Leo Colgan, Olly Hodges (both IRFU)
    Citing Commissioner: Eugene Ryan (IRFU)
    TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU)

FYI
    Tickets for the game are still on sale here or can be bought at the Anglesea Road ticket office from 6.15pm onwards.
    http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/18004F06CB705809?camefrom=CFC_IE_CLI_LEINSTER_RUGBY_TPGLA&brand=ie_leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

CR6npatWsAAWGt0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Not bad... wasn't expecting too many of the WC squad to come back in anyway. Glad to see T'eo back..

Don't think we'll be seeing to much of Hagan anymore.

Eh... no Triggs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Glasgow:
    15. Sean Lamont
    14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
    13. Richie Vernon
    12. Fraser Lyle
    11. Rory Hughes
    10. Duncan Weir
    9. Mike Blair

1. Alex Allan
    2. Pat MacArthur
    3. Zander Fagerson
    4. Tim Swinson
    5. Scott Cummings
    6. Rob Harley (Captain)
    7. Simone Favaro
    8. Ryan Wilson

Replacements

16. Kevin Bryce
    17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
    18. Mike Cusack
    19. Greg Peterson
    20. Adam Ashe
    21. Hugh Blake
    22. Grayson Hart
    23. Rory Clegg

Leinster team as expected, not sure about Ryan covering second row (or maybe Ruddock is the cover, still not ideal).

Good Glasgow side, another tough game ahead.

Pretty happy with that 23, with Dippy being the only concern as lock cover. Will they be looking to get 80 from Moloney and Maccer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Very pleased with that team. Might be tough but so many young guys getting game time, it's fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement