Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    Any idea who scored?

Adam Byrne, Fanning, Farrell x2, Carbery and Charlie Rock as far as I can work out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The Leinster Rugby Twitter account is always good for live updates for such games.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

1st choice for me right now is:

Kearney
    Nacewa
    Teo
    Reid
    Fitzgerald
    Sexton
    Reddan
    Heaslip
    SOB
    Ruddock
    McCarthy
    Toner
    Ross
    Strauss
    McGrath

Cronin
    Healy
    Moore
    Denton?
    Murphy
    McGrath or Boss
    Madigan
    McFadden or kirchner or Dave Kearney

I'd have Molony over Denton based on his performances so far. It'll be interesting to see what Triggs can bring.

Murphy has a fight on his hands now too given the form of Leavy, but more so VDF. And McGrath simply had to be ahead of Boss now. The 23 shirt is a tough one but as it stands I'd back Dave for it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Sounds like the A team aboslutely demolished the Ravens. 37-7 was the last score I heard. Good to see they're not missing Girv too much, Ravens aren't in the best shape but the Hogan/Berne era for the A side gets off to a good start at least.

Team was:

Ulster Ravens are a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

awec wrote: »
    Wouldn't say a joke but the ulster coaching set up clearly have different thoughts on the side than other provinces especially in B&I Cup....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

because even connacht eagles can whip them? :-) that said i take your point. they are very poor

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Wouldn't say a joke but the ulster coaching set up clearly have different thoughts on the side than other provinces especially in B&I Cup....

The Ulster coaching setup are a joke too in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

The Ulster coaching setup are a joke too in fairness.
    can you explain why this is so? and maybe this should be moved to the ulster rugby forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Still a great win for a very young Leinster team. Well done and shows that some great prospects are in the ranks. I like the change in age profiles in Leinster. A good B&I cup run would be expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

molloyjh wrote: »

Murphy has a fight on his hands now too given the form of Leavy, but more so VDF.

VDF has been very impressive to date.

I'm not convinced that Murphy has that extra level that will allow him long term to become a first team Leinster backrower. To be fair to him, he is only 24.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Hey guys, whats the view like from near the back in the Grandstand? Row T near the North stand?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I think Murphy has a bit of a consistent problem in that last seasons he was very good in some games, didn't get MOM against Toulon, but was largely anonymous in others, and then average in the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I'd have no problem with Murphy starting at blindside for Leinster. He's a very good player after all. But with everyone fit he drops to the bench as Ruddock is just more powerful. Murphy would start for Ulster and probably Munster too. He's too good a player not to have starting. We're very lucky that Leinster has such a strong pool of talent in that area. We've talked about this before I think, but we really need to be looking into moving players to different provinces for consistent game time. I suppose that gets harder to justify for backrows though as its a position where injuries are frequent. Murphy has gotten lots of time over the last few seasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

1st choice for me right now is:

Kearney
    Nacewa
    Teo
    Reid
    Fitzgerald
    Sexton
    Reddan
    Heaslip
    SOB
    Ruddock
    McCarthy
    Toner
    Ross
    Strauss
    McGrath

Cronin
    Healy
    Moore
    Denton?
    Murphy
    McGrath or Boss
    Madigan
    McFadden or kirchner or Dave Kearney

Surely we can't have a starting Irish wing benching behind a 33 yr old NIQ. Nacewa to wear 23 for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Clegg wrote: »
    I'd have no problem with Murphy starting at blindside for Leinster. He's a very good player after all. But with everyone fit he drops to the bench as Ruddock is just more powerful. Murphy would start for Ulster and probably Munster too. He's too good a player not to have starting. We're very lucky that Leinster has such a strong pool of talent in that area. We've talked about this before I think, but we really need to be looking into moving players to different provinces for consistent game time. I suppose that gets harder to justify for backrows though as its a position where injuries are frequent. Murphy has gotten lots of time over the last few seasons.

Leinster have already lost a highly promising back row to Munster and its a high attrition position. If Leinster have to give away another back row then I suggest sending Dominic Ryan to Munster or Connacht.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/rugby-union/34615714

JJ out for 3 months, will likely miss Leinster's games v Bath

shuffol wrote: »
    Surely we can't have a starting Irish wing benching behind a 33 yr old NIQ. Nacewa to wear 23 for me.

If that NIQ player is playing well enough then he absolutely should be starting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

molloyjh wrote: »
    If that NIQ player is playing well enough then he absolutely should be starting.

Ah I think DK should at least be given an opportunity to make the jersey his own, there should be some consideration of the national side.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Hey guys, whats the view like from near the back in the Grandstand? Row T near the North stand?

Should be fine. You might not see the screen from there though, so the far corner will be a long way away.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Ah I think DK should at least be given an opportunity to make the jersey his own, there should be some consideration of the national side.

IMO the provinces give more than enough consideration of the national side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Tallaght stadium get expanded... would be great to see more pre season games. B&I Cup games etc there

http://www.the42.ie/tallaght-stadium-extension-2406102-Oct2015/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Tallaght stadium get expanded... would be great to see more pre season games. B&I Cup games etc there

http://www.the42.ie/tallaght-stadium-extension-2406102-Oct2015/

A long way back to Kiely's though...:D

He will get an opportunity. In training.

Of the starting XV that I would class as first choice there are 11 Irish internationals:

McGrath, Strauss, Ross, Toner, Ruddock, SOB, Heaslip, Reddan, Sexton, Fitzgerald, Kearney

And that doesn't factor in McCarthy and Reid who technically are in and around the Irish set-up. Add in the bench of 6 Irish internationals:

Cronin, Healy, Moore, Murphy, Madigan and Dave

...and then throw in Luke McGrath who will certainly be looking to get involved and that's 20 players in the 23 who are up for consideration for the Irish squad. I think Leinster will have earned the right to select Isa over Dave if their respective form warrants it on that basis. It's not like the national side aren't benefiting from Leinster selections as it stands.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

they just love doing building work in that place!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

CatFromHue wrote: »
    they just love doing unfinished building work in that place!

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah I considered that also. But then Ireland and Leinster are too different teams. Just cuz dk starts for Ireland doesn't mean he starts for Leinster

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Yeah I considered that also. But then Ireland and Leinster are too different teams. Just cuz dk starts for Ireland doesn't mean he starts for Leinster

And we still have Zane to come back in..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

scott1974 wrote: »
    And we still have Zane to come back in..

I can't see him getting near a match day 23 for any big game this season, bar a lot of injuries in our outside backs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,342 ✭✭✭mojesius

Anyone know if the Leinster game is on any channels bar sky sports?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

mojesius wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Leinster game is on any channels bar sky sports?

It's not as far as I'm aware, just on Sky.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement