Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be on TV?

sky

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭Scythica

Maybe Madigan is moving to Ulster to let him and PJ fight it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Where's Madigan?

Himself Heaslip SOB and Kearney Ross etc extra rest

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭tbm

Where's Madigan?

Figuring out his next move I'd imagine... and my moneys says it's away from Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Benetton Rugby:

15 Jayden Hayward

14 Ludovico Nitoglia

13 Andrea Pratichetti

12 Sam Christie

11 Simone Ragusi

10 Luke McLean

9 Edoardo Gori

8 Abraham Steyn

7 Alessandro Zanni ( C )

6 Francesco Minto

5 Teofilo Paulo

4 Marco Fuser

3 Rupert Harden

2 Davide Giazzon

1 Matteo Zanusso

A disposizione:

16 Luca Bigi

17 Alberto De Marchi

18 Simone Ferrari

19 Jeff Montauriol

20 Robert Barbieri

21 Chris Smylie

22 James Ambrosini

23 Tommaso Iannone

Coach: Umberto Casellato

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

I didn't notice Heaslip wasn't there. I also completely forgot that Madigan played more than Sexton :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

That's a very strong Leinster team, a bit surprising but I guess Leo wants to the get the lads back intergratted asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

It kind of goes under the radar but jaysus Jack McGrath gets some flogging.....plays a huge amount of minutes, at a consistently high level, and hardly ever gets injured.....he probably doesn't get the credit he deserves from the general rugby public....he's some operator.

On a different point, what's the situation with picking up tickets for the RDS....I've just moved up to Dublin and I wouldn't mind catching the Scarlets game next Friday. Which is the best stand? Are decent tickets readily available?

Thanks in advance.

Hang on.... if Isa is captain does that imply he's always going to be playing? If so, where?

Would you name a captain who wasn't going to be a regular part of the starting 15?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hang on.... if Isa is captain does that imply he's always going to be playing? If so, where?

Would you name a captain who wasn't going to be a regular part of the starting 15?

Wasn't Cullen himself in that situation a few years ago? Would regularly be a sub. USA being there during the Six Nations must play a big part.

• Advertisement

Bridge93 wrote: »
    Wasn't Cullen himself in that situation a few years ago? Would regularly be a sub. USA being there during the Six Nations must play a big part.

Yeah.

I can't remember all the positions Isa playes but you'd assume Kearney would be at FB, Sexton at 10.... maybe on the wing?

He's been great since he came back so maybe it's not such an automatic call for that FB spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Yeah.

I can't remember all the positions Isa playes but you'd assume Kearney would be at FB, Sexton at 10.... maybe on the wing?

He's been great since he came back so maybe it's not such an automatic call for that FB spot.

The way he's been playing albeit against weakish opposition I wouldn't have too much issue with seeing him in the starting XV somewhere. It's great to have such depth all over the place. Let's hope they can all stay fit this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Holy crap, that's a very strong team. I was expecting a team like that next week.

Very strange to take the captaincy off heaslip... What happened there I wonder? I suppose isa is going to play pretty much every game this season...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Yeah.

Whenever RK started Isa was on a wing. He occassionally found himself in the centre. But I think that was generally after shuffling the back line around with subs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

.ak wrote: »
    Holy crap, that's a very strong team. I was expecting a team like that next week.

Very strange to take the captaincy off heaslip... What happened there I wonder? I suppose isa is going to play pretty much every game this season...

They didn't take the captaincy off Heaslip. Kevin McLoughlin was club captain before his retirement.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster should get 5 points here with little issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

S12b wrote: »
    It kind of goes under the radar but jaysus Jack McGrath gets some flogging.....plays a huge amount of minutes, at a consistently high level, and hardly ever gets injured.....he probably doesn't get the credit he deserves from the general rugby public....he's some operator.

On a different point, what's the situation with picking up tickets for the RDS....I've just moved up to Dublin and I wouldn't mind catching the Scarlets game next Friday. Which is the best stand? Are decent tickets readily available?

Thanks in advance.

Try the team exchange for a ticket (details here). The North and South stands are not covered and are free seating but the other 2 are covered with set seating. The terrace is partially covered, but is standing only obviously.

Best seats would be one of the two stands (Angelsea or Grandstand), best atmosphere is the terrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

awec wrote: »
    Leinster should get 5 points here with little issue.

The internationals coming into a new set-up and Sexton being new back might mean a little bit of rust in this one to be fair. Best not to get our expectations too high.

It's an interesting selection in many ways. Luke and Ben in the centre is an exciting one. And the impact off the bench is pretty impressive. Would have preferred to see VDF start with Murphy on the bench, but other than that I'm pretty happy I have to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

regarding Captaincy, I think it should be given to Sexton , for leinster and Ireland - start a new era

• Registered Users Posts: 17,170 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Very strong team and not at all one that I was expecting to see. A little bit disappointed that a lot of the younger lads who impressed in the early league games haven't made the squad. Although Van der Flier looks to be right on the cusp of a breakthrough into the strongest 23 which is very encouraging. I suppose that this is a squad for the European games in mind and the likes of Molony and Ringrose wouldn't be expected to play in those games just yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

thebaz wrote: »
    regarding Captaincy, I think it should be given to Sexton , for leinster and Ireland - start a new era

Isa only has a one year contract AFAIK. So maybe Sexton will be next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

OSI wrote: »
    I think he's too much of a hot head to be made captain tbh.

that might be whats needed for Ireland , certainly, though POM would be a good choice too .

Surprised Sexton is fit given groin, hope he is not been rushed too early, in a relatively smallish game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

vienne86 wrote: »
    Isa only has a one year contract AFAIK. So maybe Sexton will be next year.

I thought it was a two year contract.

OSI wrote: »
    I think he's too much of a hot head to be made captain tbh.

That might be no harm. He's a good decision maker, and I think he would relish the job.

rrpc wrote: »
    I thought it was a two year contract.

I hope you're right - Wikipedia says 1 year.

vienne86 wrote: »
    I hope you're right - Wikipedia says 1 year.

http://www.the42.ie/isa-nacewa-signs-leinster-2076816-Apr2015/

Says there "reported two-year contract". But I've seen it mentioned elsewhere as well.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,613 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

RWC tier 1 team captains and their positions

Ireland: O Connell, 2nd row
    Italy: Parisse, no 8
    Australia: Stephen Moore, Hooker
    Argentina: Augustin Creevy, Hooker
    England: Chris Robshaw, flanker
    France: Thierry Dusautoir, flanker
    Wales: Sam Warburton, flanker
    NZ: Richie McCaw, flanker
    Scotland; greig laidlaw, scrum half
    South Africa: Jean DeVilliers, centre

theres a reason out halves arent usually captain.

1. they have enough responsibility already
    2. they have to ready to organise instantly, and therefore being called over for ref chats is disruptive
    3. theyre usually moody ba$tards

sydthebeat wrote: »

2. they have to ready to organise instantly, and therefore being called over for ref chats is disruptive

I'd add that since they are designated kickers, they could quickly decide to kick for touch or the posts without pause for thought or discussion and make the wrong call. A bit of time on these decisions is usually a good thing*.

*Except if your name is Chris Robshaw, in which case all the time in the world won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

sydthebeat wrote: »

And Leo has picked Isa as capt at full back/wing....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

rrpc wrote: »
    http://www.the42.ie/isa-nacewa-signs-leinster-2076816-Apr2015/

Says there "reported two-year contract". But I've seen it mentioned elsewhere as well.

I met Isa a few weeks ago and asked him that question he said it was a 1 year with the option of another if both parties were happy, he said he was delighted to be back so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement