Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

what time is kick off today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

aimee1 wrote: »
    what time is kick off today?

16:00

On Sky

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

rrpc wrote: »
    16:00

On Sky

Ugh, I thought it was at 3! Bloody timezones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

errlloyd wrote: »
    Ugh, I thought it was at 3! Bloody timezones

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union

it 16.00 local time
    15.00 irish time?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

aimee1 wrote: »
    http://www.skysports.com/rugby-union

it 16.00 local time
    15.00 irish time?

I thought 15:00 too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Coverage begins at 1445, so I reckon that means game at 1500 (our time).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Leinster website says 4?

Their twitter said "an hour to go" 15 minutes ago, so 3pm Irish time it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

Match ko 15:00 irish time

All times in sites local.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭ssaye2

You can be guaranteed people arrive into pub hour late at 4 happens every year

Quite excited to see Sexton back in Blue today. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

ssaye2 wrote: »
    You can be guaranteed people arrive into pub hour late at 4 happens every year

Will this be in in the likes of duffys or gibneys in malahide does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Stheno wrote: »
    Will this be in in the likes of duffys or gibneys in malahide does anyone know?

Fowler's, directly across the road from Gibney's, I would say is your best bet. They always show rugby there. And if not just ask at the bar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Match ko 15:00 irish time

All times in sites local.

Yep, Pro 12 site always have local time. Should have said that. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Clocks only went back in Italy last night hence the confusion on the time.

3pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

rrpc wrote: »
    Yep, Pro 12 site always have local time. Should have said that. :o

....whereas Ultimate Rugby states them in Irish Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

Two players who play for the same team in a thread about said team.... why indeed!

Haven't seen Zebo mentioned in this thread. Maybe I missed it.

He was doing unseen contributions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Back from my hiatus after the Argies game, good to see things are semi-normal again. Caught the second half and was impressed by Sexton and Te'o. Would love him to sign another contract. Unfortunately I can only see him staying if we have a good European campaign and go close in the league. Anyway two weeks till the Champions Cup, interesting to see who'll play next week before then. Presume SOB, Heaslip, Ross and RK will play some game time.

With the new coach and the RWC and the missing 20 players and whatever I'd definitely have taken 4 wins from the first 6 games, particularly beating Glasgow. A good chance to peg back the Scarlets who've been very strong so far on Friday.

Incidentally to they pay any attention to allowing players to recover when setting the fixtures? Leinster playing Sunday then again on Friday, seems unnecessary. I'm sure it happens to other teams too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,360 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Incidentally to they pay any attention to allowing players to recover when setting the fixtures? Leinster playing Sunday then again on Friday, seems unnecessary. I'm sure it happens to other teams too.

Don't think so, its probably just down to the tv deals really. although friday night means that we get an extra 2 days before the first Euro match (think its on sunday)

With the new coach and the RWC and the missing 20 players and whatever I'd definitely have taken 4 wins from the first 6 games, particularly beating Glasgow. A good chance to peg back the Scarlets who've been very strong so far on Friday.

Yes, it's been a decent start for us. Re the turnaround, that just happens.....it's whatever the TV companies want for their schedules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

vienne86 wrote: »
    Yes, it's been a decent start for us. Re the turnaround, that just happens.....it's whatever the TV companies want for their schedules.

It also gives Leinster at least an extra day for their Champions Cup game the following week.

phog wrote: »
    It also gives Leinster at least an extra day for their Champions Cup game the following week.

Well spotted! I see Wasps lost today to Leicester.

phog wrote: »

Fair point.

Also yeah I didn't really think of the TV companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Time for Mick Dawson to call Ben Teo's agent and get a long term deal sorted. Given he is English Qualified I'd say there will be offers from English clubs on the table.

Time for Mick Dawson to call Ben Teo's agent and get a long term deal sorted.

Offer him every damn penny that Leinster can scrimp together.

Time for Mick Dawson to call Ben Teo's agent and get a long term deal sorted. Given he is English Qualified I'd say there will be offers from English clubs on the table.

English qualified? Didn't know that.

He could be in demand, but I think we should smash open the piggy bank.

vienne86 wrote: »
    English qualified? Didn't know that.

He could be in demand, but I think we should smash open the piggy bank.

His mum has English heritage.

He was born in NZ and has represented Samoa once in League, so he's got options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Amazing how Burgess has continually been hyped as the best thing since sliced bread yet if I was given the choice between him and Te'o, I know who I'd take in a flash!

Heroditas wrote: »
    Amazing how Burgess has continually been hyped as the best thing since sliced bread yet if I was given the choice between him and Te'o, I know who I'd take in a flash!

To be fair though Te'o had a full season to settle in without much pressure or attention on him.

I'm not sure what the different positions are in League but Te'o played centre there too, don't think Burgess did. Although having watched some of England v NZ today they all seem to do the exact same thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I know beggars can't be choosers and im not as xenophobic about it as Hook for example, but its a bit depressing to see a scramble to nail down players for Irish qualification due to residency. Its been a very bad scene for the integrity of the England team and i dont think we should go down that road, albeit guys like Strauss, Payne and White give it their all and retain their squad places on merit.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement