Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

To be fair though Te'o had a full season to settle in without much pressure or attention on him.

I'm not sure what the different positions are in League but Te'o played centre there too, don't think Burgess did. Although having watched some of England v NZ today they all seem to do the exact same thing.

Yes, T'eo was not convincing at the start, but he has got better and better, and I think the way Leinster are playing now, in the Cullen era, suits him well. Himself and Sexton were great together in Treviso this afternoon.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Imagine it though....

367336.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

To be fair though Te'o had a full season to settle in without much pressure or attention on him.

I'm not sure what the different positions are in League but Te'o played centre there too, don't think Burgess did. Although having watched some of England v NZ today they all seem to do the exact same thing.

Burgess switched between prop, second row, and lock which is apparently different to second row.

Teo played centre, lock and second row.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I know beggars can't be choosers and im not as xenophobic about it as Hook for example, but its a bit depressing to see a scramble to nail down players for Irish qualification due to residency. Its been a very bad scene for the integrity of the England team and i dont think we should go down that road, albeit guys like Strauss, Payne and White give it their all and retain their squad places on merit.
    Half joking, half in earnest; if Te'o became IQ and played for Ireland we could start to look like a NZ seconds team. ;)

I'm more concerned with him staying at Leinster. Would be a hard player to say no to if he said he wanted to play for Ireland but primarily I just want him to stay at Leinster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

rrpc wrote: »
    Half joking, half in earnest; if Te'o became IQ and played for Ireland we could start to look like a NZ seconds team. ;)
    Te'o and Aki centre combo for Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

flouncer wrote: »
    Te'o and Aki centre combo for Ireland?

would make me sick

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I know beggars can't be choosers and im not as xenophobic about it as Hook for example, but its a bit depressing to see a scramble to nail down players for Irish qualification due to residency. Its been a very bad scene for the integrity of the England team and i dont think we should go down that road, albeit guys like Strauss, Payne and White give it their all and retain their squad places on merit.

I would think the majority of people in this thread are only thinking of Leinster when suggesting we nail down Teo. Certainly that's all I would be thinking of, as we don't really have a lot of options available to us.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I would think the majority of people in this thread are only thinking of Leinster when suggesting we nail down Teo. Certainly that's all I would be thinking of, as we don't really have a lot of options available to us.

I certainly was only talking about Leinster when I made my comment anyway.

Him playing for Ireland would be no different to Strauss or Payne though so I feel we've already crossed the Rubicon here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

(Post RWC hysteria seems to have died down a bit so safe to come back?)

In fairness to Te'o, he didn't have a full season at all, he arrived late and then broke his arm in his first game and only really started playing after Christmas, but was one of our best players by season's end.

He has been a phenomenal signing and we should do all we can to keep him next season. As for playing for Ireland, meh, it would be no different to our current 13.

• Advertisement

'former former' next time? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm sure Leinster had a contingency to up his wage in a contract renewal. As far as I'm aware, he's already on some decent coin - something in the region of 300 - 400k?

They'd hardly take such an expensive punt on a player, if they weren't willing to go that extra bit to shore up their long term services in the event that the punt worked out.

"Let's pay 300-400k to see if this lad works out, take the hit if he's useless but just let him bounce if he turns out to be decent", doesn't strike me as a very sensible strategy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

(Post RWC hysteria seems to have died down a bit so safe to come back?)

My own self imposed exile also over. This place gets like a bloody mad house at rwc and even 6n time.

All things considered, Leinster are in quite a good position with the internationals to filter back in. My biggest concern now is that we will suffer a WC hangover. BOD mentioned that some players (I'm guessing Leinster ones as he would be closest to them) told him this was worse than 07 and Leinster contributed about 17 players to the squad making us the most succeptable to suffer on the back of it. Hopefully it works the other way and the guys are super hungry.

On another (Leinster themed) WC note. Was anyone else p1ssed off with the performances of Kane Douglas? Where there Fu€k was that player all last season????? I hope we got compensated for letting him out of his second yr of his contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

I just picked up two tickets for Friday night on that ticket exchange site....Block C, row K of the Anglesea Stand....good tickets ya??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Ben T'eo is the future of the Leinster backline. He's looking like he could become world class if he is allowed to develop, he's young and only getting better. I think it would be a massive mistake to let him go.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Greyian

WarZ wrote: »
    Ben T'eo is the future of the Leinster backline. He's looking like he could become world class if he is allowed to develop, he's young and only getting better. I think it would be a massive mistake to let him go.

He's 29 in Janaury, he's not young (in terms of sporting activities).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

WarZ wrote: »

At 28, im not sure he qualifies as young. Even still, I agree he needs to be kept. He has something that no one else in the squad has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Greyian wrote: »
    He's 29 in Janaury, he's not young (in terms of sporting activities).

I probably should have put relatively young. I had him at 27 but it seems I'm nearly two years off. Although just turning 29 means he has another 4 years of top level rugby.

I just hope T'eo sticks around and that the rumours of him being a bit homesick are false.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

At least he has a fellow Kiwi there now, maybe that will help a bit and I am sure Isa will be telling him how great it is.

• Advertisement

Thanos wrote: »
    At least he has a fellow Kiwi there now, maybe that will help a bit and I am sure Isa will be telling him how great it is.

Isn't Teo an Aussie?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Isn't Teo an Aussie?

Born in Auckland, New Zealand

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Isn't Teo an Aussie?

No, he's a kiwi. Played rugby in Australia if that's what you're thinking of.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,614 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Isn't Teo an Aussie?

nope, hes a former junior kiwi

Cheers lads, don't know how I never heard that.

Triggs is there now too. Although if it's Kiwi pals he's after maybe he should be looking at a move to Connacht :D

Mads is back. His hair is not.

CS0bLInWUAA8T-y.jpg

Interesting to see where he fits in this season.

He had Gopperth last season, but yeah, Isa will presumably be full of positive thoughts about Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

Interesting to see where he fits in this season.

most likely on the bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

vienne86 wrote: »
    He had Gopperth last season, but yeah, Isa will presumably be full of positive thoughts about Leinster.

And Isaac Boss. And Michael Bent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement