Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

S12b wrote: »
    I just picked up two tickets for Friday night on that ticket exchange site....Block C, row K of the Anglesea Stand....good tickets ya??

Yeah that's probably in and around the half way line. Not sure how far back it would be is the only thing. Only been up there once myself. But I'd imagine they'd be good seats all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think the most important man to keeping Teo is Noel Reid. The two get on very well and that sort of thing helps if you're missing the bondi beach type scene of Australia.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

.ak wrote: »
    I think the most important man to keeping Teo is Noel Reid. The two get on very well and that sort of thing helps if you're missing the bondi beach type scene of Australia.

Our awful summer this year won't have helped. The last couple of years we at least had a few weeks of hot weather, this summer would have depressed anyone, never mind someone used to Sydney weather.

I don't think our Ben is much of a one man kinda man.... :D

1072079.jpg

molloyjh wrote: »
    I don't think our Ben is much of a one man kinda man.... :D

1072079.jpg

He's anyone's, the tramp.....
    367383.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

Mads is back. His hair is not.

CS0bLInWUAA8T-y.jpg

Interesting to see where he fits in this season.

Its great looking at the training pictures, we're basically getting in a whole new batch of top class internationals who werent involved last week. Considering the short turnaround Id expect a fair few changes, with an eye on Europe

Healy Strauss Ross
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

Reddan Madigan
    Reid Te'o
    Kirchner Kearney Nacewa

Im guessing really which way theyre going with the centre partnership. Healy can use whatever gametime he can get although McGrath has to be first choice at this stage. No idea what is happening with the back 3, Kirchner needs gametime, but DK, McFadden and Fitz still have to come into the reckoning for Europe, and with Isa playing well all 4 of those are probably fighting for one place..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Any word on Luke's shoulder yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Tox56 wrote: »
    Its great looking at the training pictures, we're basically getting in a whole new batch of top class internationals who werent involved last week. Considering the short turnaround Id expect a fair few changes, with an eye on Europe

Healy Strauss Ross
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

Reddan Madigan
    Reid Te'o
    Kirchner Kearney Nacewa

Im guessing really which way theyre going with the centre partnership. Healy can use whatever gametime he can get although McGrath has to be first choice at this stage. No idea what is happening with the back 3, Kirchner needs gametime, but DK, McFadden and Fitz still have to come into the reckoning for Europe, and with Isa playing well all 4 of those are probably fighting for one place..

I'd be very surprised if sexton doesn't start IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'd be very surprised if sexton doesn't start IMO

I think he will too, but what'll be done with Madigan?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

vienne86 wrote: »
    I think he will too, but what'll be done with Madigan?

They could well slot him in at 12 to get him gametime.

• Advertisement

Starting Sexton this week will see him play 4 games in a row with a 5 day turnaround between games 1 and 2. I'm not sure they'd do that tbh. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Starting Sexton this week will see him play 4 games in a row with a 5 day turnaround between games 1 and 2. I'm not sure they'd do that tbh. I wouldn't be too surprised to see him on the bench though.

Ah OK - good shout. We'll need him starting in both the European games.

A 9-day turnaround after this Friday though should keep him fresh before the European games.

This is a big game. Scarlets have gotten off to a great start, this is a big opportunity for us to reel them in, I'd like to see him start.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think he needs to build a relationship with the lads. He's basically never played with those centres.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Whats going to happen when Rob Kearney comes back and finds the captain playing in his place?

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Whats going to happen when Rob Kearney comes back and finds the captain playing in his place?

Isa can play in a number of positions but wing seems most likely. They're not going to drop Sexton and Madigan from 10, or I doubt they would anyway. People have been giving out about McFadden lately so maybe drop him and let Isa play there. He can kick too so it's practically like for like :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Also he's only club captain. Kevin mcluaghlin was not gonna start in European games

Isa can play in a number of positions but wing seems most likely. They're not going to drop Sexton and Madigan from 10, or I doubt they would anyway. People have been giving out about McFadden lately so maybe drop him and let Isa play there. He can kick too so it's practically like for like :D

Is there a case for starting Kearney on the wing? Nacewa has been playing very well at FB. Be a shame to move him?

errlloyd wrote: »
    Also he's only club captain. Kevin mcluaghlin was not gonna start in European games

McLaughlin was temporary captain during the World Cup. Isa is full time captain now. Club captain, team captain... whatever.

McLaughlin was temporary captain during the World Cup. Isa is full time captain now. Club captain, team captain... whatever.

Club captain is a very different role. Leo Cullen was club captain for Leinster when not starting. Mick O'Driscoll was club captain for Munster when not starting. No reason Isa is any different to those two.

I think it's more likely we'll see Isa in the 14 jersey as we did in the past. Definitely not at 10, that experiment ended 5 years ago, I'm much more interested in seeing Marsh.

• Advertisement

Club captain is a very different role. Leo Cullen was club captain for Leinster when not starting. Mick O'Driscoll was club captain for Munster when not starting. No reason Isa is any different to those two.

I think it's more likely we'll see Isa in the 14 jersey as we did in the past. Definitely not at 10, that experiment ended 5 years ago, I'm much more interested in seeing Marsh.

So what... there'll be a different captain every week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

errlloyd wrote: »

McLaughlin was never club captain. Those press releases specified he was captain for the RWC period. And it's probably safe to assume he'd have been captain through the season when the internationals were away.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

I would have thought the most likely set-up is that if Heaslip plays he is captain, and if he doesn't play but Nacewa does, Nacewa is captain. That would cover pretty much every game, injury depending, given Nacewa wont be away on international duty

That's how it's worked in the past. It'll most commonly be Heaslip or Sexton in his absence though as they're vice captains.

That's how it's worked in the past. It'll most commonly be Heaslip or Sexton in his absence though as they're vice captains.

Well then he is essentially the captain, is he not?

Well then he is essentially the captain, is he not?

Who?

I think you're confusing the role of the captain on the pitch with club captain. The captain on the pitch has no required role beyond communicating with the officials. There is a lot more to it off the pitch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

http://www.rugbyonslaught.com/2015/11/unsuprisingly-this-jimmy-gopperth.html

gopperth cited for this, might not be available for the ECC game

Ah come on lads-they just announced Nacewa as the club captain. Surely if he plays he is the captain regardless of who else plays?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

aimee1 wrote: »
    http://www.rugbyonslaught.com/2015/11/unsuprisingly-this-jimmy-gopperth.html

gopperth cited for this, might not be available for the ECC game

What is Gopperth at?

That looks like he's leading with the elbow on purpose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

CatFromHue wrote: »
    What is Gopperth at?

That looks like he's leading with the elbow on purpose!

maybe he just really really really really doesnt want to play against Leinster :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement