Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

freyners wrote: »
    Apologies. Adam

Great to hear. 7s experience could really stand to him, we might end up with a really special player next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

Great to hear. 7s experience could really stand to him, we might end up with a really special player next season.
    Is Adam Byrne in his last year with the academy? Has all of the attributes to be a quality Fullback/Wing ( once his decision making has improved ).Athletic, powerful and has serious gas! He might have to move on to get game time, a serious amount of players in front of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

mogwai81 wrote: »
    Is Adam Byrne in his last year with the academy? Has all of the attributes to be a quality Fullback/Wing ( once his decision making has improved ).Athletic, powerful and has serious gas! He might have to move on to get game time, a serious amount of players in front of him!

Ringrose has a good few starts this season, Fanning got a load of starts last season, there's game time there if a player is good enough. Plus I think there's a lot of decent/good players in the Leinster backs now rather than very good/excellent so a really talented youngster would hopefully back themselves to get in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I think he made his Leinster debut under Joe!* But he's been injured a fair bit, plays for the Ireland Sevens team.

He has played a total of 6 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,998 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

I think he only started when he was 16. So he needs games alright.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

errlloyd wrote: »
    I think he made his Leinster debut under Joe!* But he's been injured a fair bit, plays for the Ireland Sevens team.

He has played a total of 6 minutes.

He was a sub against Connacht the season before he was brought into the academy.

Think he was on the bench 1 to 2 further times, but unused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I see we're pretty clear favourites tonight, 1/4 to win or -9.0 handicap, I think that's probably fair enough looking at the respective teams. A win would be great, denying Scarlets anything would be even better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

I see we're pretty clear favourites tonight, 1/4 to win or -9.0 handicap, I think that's probably fair enough looking at the respective teams. A win would be great, denying Scarlets anything would be even better.

so +9 for Scarlets that's a great bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

I disagree to be honest. He can cover full back, wing and centre. Fitzgerald is constantly crocked, Fanning isn't great, ditto Mick McGrath, McFadden on downward slide. Considering the amount of games Fanning has gotten then I think a player that covers 4 positions will be ok

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

McFadden on a downward slide??? :confused:

That will come as news to both him and his coaches.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Yeah I think McFadden has been playing very well this season.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    McFadden on a downward slide??? :confused:

That will come as news to both him and his coaches.

He's nowhere close to the player he was. He's playing well this season but has definitely dropped off

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Fanj is out. @ianfitz94 starts

Please don't start using Twitter handles to identify players.

Please....just don't

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Or alternatively, the players should set up some handles that are very sweary

@therealnoel******reid_mutha******

It wouldn't surprise me if that actually was his handle. He's not the fizziest drink in the fridge

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Harsh on Noel Reid and his lack of carbonation.

I am going along later, Leinster have a ****ing shocking home record when I go to games. Recently classics I have been at include. Of the last 10 or so Leinster games I've been to, I've managed to see.

Home v Dragons 2015
    Home v Munster 2014
    Home v Northampton 2013
    Home v Clermont 2012
    Home v Ospreys (Pro 12 final) 2011

And at least one other painful loss to the O's. It's genuinely one of the reasons I don't go to so many matches. (Not because I think I am cursed, though I am, but more because I tend to end up pretty annoyed).

Zebo... @double_team probably might get the IRFU to not use twitter handles anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

errlloyd wrote: »
    Harsh on Noel Reid and his lack of carbonation.

I am going along later, Leinster have a ****ing shocking home record when I go to games. Recently classics I have been at include. Of the last 10 or so Leinster games I've been to, I've managed to see.

Home v Dragons 2015
    Home v Munster 2014
    Home v Northampton 2013
    Home v Clermont 2012
    Home v Ospreys (Pro 12 final) 2011

And at least one other painful loss to the O's. It's genuinely one of the reasons I don't go to so many matches. (Not because I think I am cursed, though I am, but more because I tend to end up pretty annoyed).

Oh mocker Gods, please do not smite us because of errlloyd

(If we lose it's your fault)

What channel is this on

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

What channel is this on

Tg4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Comically bland and predictable interview from Madigan there. Completely stock answers to every single question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

What channel is this on

bbc2 wales

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

That irks me from refs. He's going to give a penalty for holding on, but then after ages and being about to whistle and give the penalty decides, no - it's a turnover. I think I'd rather the damn penalty. It went on long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,219 ✭✭✭A-Train

No match thread! At the match, a joke the amount of time the play has stopped for a nothing incident!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Dom Ryan's poor start to the season continues, awful play.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Ringrose trying to stop that try was comical. I know he's only young but definitely needs to bulk up.

Even with a shaved head Madigan has managed to get a stupid hair cut.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Dom Ryan's poor start to the season continues, awful play.

Yeah, shocking start from him

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭iamjenko

Ringrose trying to stop that try was comical. I know he's only young but definitely needs to bulk up.

Reid wasn't exactly the rock of Gibraltar next to him

• Advertisement

iamjenko wrote: »
    Reid wasn't exactly the rock of Gibraltar next to him

Yeah, I only saw it on the replay from behind the post where Ringrose basically leaped at him like a spider monkey and just got swept along.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement