Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

How did Ringrose get on yesterday? I only saw bits of the game, but from what I did see he wasn't great for their try and relatively quiet otherwise although it was a shame he was shifted from 13.

Didn't look out of his depth bar that try where he wasn't upto stopping the Scarlet's player. Otherwise was in the right place at the right time a good few times and worked very hard with average amounts of impact on the game.

Serious rugby head on him though, knows well where the ball is going to be and always looks to get the it away in contact.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Didn't look out of his depth bar that try where he wasn't upto stopping the Scarlet's player. Otherwise was in the right place at the right time a good few times and worked very hard with average amounts of impact on the game.

Serious rugby head on him though, knows well where the ball is going to be and always looks to get the it away in contact.

I thought he was going to score at one point but a Scarlets player just about grabbed his shoulders and pulled him down. Not sure if being a bit heavier would have helped him there... maybe. But as others have pointed out at various times rushing to add muscle can have negative impact too.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I thought he was going to score at one point but a Scarlets player just about grabbed his shoulders and pulled him down. Not sure if being a bit heavier would have helped him there... maybe. But as others have pointed out at various times rushing to add muscle can have negative impact too.

Being heavier would have made no difference. Scarlets player had him well covered, more pace would be more beneficial to more weight in that situation.

awec wrote: »
    Being heavier would have made no difference. Scarlets player had him well covered, more pace would be more beneficial to more weight in that situation.

I don't know, it didn't look like the Scarlets player had that good a grip of him, bit more strength and Ringrose may have been able to shake him off. Granted I only saw it once so I could be wrong. A few inches more pace would definitely have been useful. Again though that's something that can be worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

awec wrote: »

I actually did see that incident and I thought he was unlucky that the ball sat up like that for him. It forced him to check his run slightly, whereas if he had been able to kick ahead I think he would have beaten the defender for pace quite comfortably.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I actually did see that incident and I thought he was unlucky that the ball sat up like that for him. It forced him to check his run slightly, whereas if he had been able to kick ahead I think he would have beaten the defender for pace quite comfortably.

Exactly. He wasn't at full tilt when he collected the ball whereas the defender was. Wouldn't be too worried about that incident tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

It's way easier to run quickly when chasing a player compared to chasing a bouncing ball. When you're chasing a bouncing ball you can't stretch to long strides, or commit to a line. You've just put Ringrose in the least fair of foot races.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Just getting around to watching the game now. Reid about as effective as a wet noodle in contact for their first try.

He can be a superb footballer but I think stuff like that is going to keep him out of the team.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Just getting around to watching the game now. Reid about as effective as a wet noodle in contact for their first try.

He can be a superb footballer but I think stuff like that is going to keep him out of the team.
    Is it on a player somewhere? My usual source doesn't have it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

dregin wrote: »
    Is it on a player somewhere? My usual source doesn't have it yet...

It's on the TG4 website, the full game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Anyone know where I can find out who's in the sub academy? Or if you're nice enough to save me the time anyone know who is currently in the sub academy?

Wasps just had a player red carded. Not sure if he's a regular or not? Cittadini?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Wasps just had a player red carded. Not sure if he's a regular or not? Cittadini?

Just joined this season and was at the rwc for Italy. 44 cap Italian international.

Just joined this season and was at the rwc for Italy. 44 cap Italian international.

Wikipedia says he has 28 caps for Wasps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

joined wasps last season, this is his second season

aimee1 wrote: »
    joined wasps last season, this is his second season

Any idea if he's a big loss for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

He's a very good prop, so yes he's a big loss for them.

He's a very good prop, so yes he's a big loss for them.

Good-ish news for Leinster then.

28 games in a season and a bit says he is first choice

http://www.punditarena.com/rugby/adrumm/watch-the-tackle-that-got-david-halaifonua-red-carded/

two reds in that game, this was the other one

• Advertisement

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RichieRich89

I thought at the time that he might have been able to use his left arm to fend the guy off. There was the incident in the Dragons match where he got the ball slapped out of his grasp while running for the line because he hadn't transferred it to his outside arm. One or two things for him to work on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

After the last round of matches in the Pro 12 we see Connacht at the top of the table. I wonder at what point do Leinster (and indeed the other provinces) start to worry about qualifying for Europe next year.

I am not saying I think they will be top of the table by the end of the season but they could be hanging around that third Irish place...........

Is it too soon to be concerned?
    They had an easier run then normal with so many players form other teams away at the RWC, and they will a few more games around the 6 nations.

So at what point do people/Leinster start to get concerned..........?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Thanos wrote: »
    After the last round of matches in the Pro 12 we see Connacht at the top of the table. I wonder at what point do Leinster (and indeed the other provinces) start to worry about qualifying for Europe next year.

I am not saying I think they will be top of the table by the end of the season but they could be hanging around that third Irish place...........

Is it too soon to be concerned?
    They had an easier run then normal with so many players form other teams away at the RWC, and they will a few more games around the 6 nations.

So at what point do people/Leinster start to get concerned..........?

irrelevant the rules changed a few seasons ago

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

irrelevant the rules changed a few seasons ago

My bad, did not know that. What is the rule now?

Found it,
    PRO12: The seven highest-ranked clubs based on their finishing positions in the league. The seven qualifiers must include at least one club from each of Ireland, Italy, Scotland and Wales.

So actually all 4 could qualify!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

They're very very short at TH now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

Anyone able to get tickets for the munster game on Ticketmaster this morning? Not working for me

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone know where I can find out who's in the sub academy? Or if you're nice enough to save me the time anyone know who is currently in the sub academy?
    Its quite hard to find a full list of all who are in any of the sub academies as full list doesn't get published anywhere that often

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I thought at the time that he might have been able to use his left arm to fend the guy off. There was the incident in the Dragons match where he got the ball slapped out of his grasp while running for the line because he hadn't transferred it to his outside arm. One or two things for him to work on...

If these are the major areas of concern for him I think he'll be OK.

Alot of people going in to the smallest detail to find faults

• Advertisement

Felexicon wrote: »
    If these are the major areas of concern for him I think he'll be OK.

Alot of people going in to the smallest detail to find faults

It's not finding faults, it's being realistic. There are a few small things he can work on, which, given his age, isn't surprising, or an issue. They're all easily fixed things too, as you say, no need for concern. There are players much older and with much more experience than Ringrose who have bigger issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement