Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

scott1974 wrote: »
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed, I'd tend to believe the Irish Times about T'eo but Michael Corcoran is normally reliable.
    Anyway apart from that we are going to have a battle against their backrow, Smith seems to be stealing and turning over ball for fun...plus the other two are big physical guys.
    Hopefully O'Brien and Ruddock step up for this game..

I think we need to be a little bit realistic with Rhys. He's only played 3 games this season (those handful of minutes against Argentina don't really count). He's still coming back from injury really so won't be back to his best yet. What we need is Heaslip and O'Brien playing well and making good decisions, i.e. not giving away stupid penalties at crucial times in the game (yes you Seanie).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Just noticed that Charles Piutau is registered for Wasps EPC squad!!
    Maybe he was added late!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

I know he's contracted for Ulster next season, but you'd have to wonder if Wasps are looking for a work around.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

molloyjh wrote: »
    Having read Burgess' reasons for leaving Bath and England I'd be hopeful that Ben is suitably turned off the notion of going there. He talks a bit about a sort of relentless negativity in the media and from ex-players and coaches which he found to be poisonous. If he has given Ben the idea that it is almost an inherently destructive environment and we show him something else then fingers crossed that will keep him here.

I think Te'o and Burgess are pals from their Russell Crowe FC days so I'm sure he's been paying close attention to what's gone on there, maybe even speaking to Burgess in person. I think even the English set up themselves would be wary of trying to bring in someone like that again. Granted Te'o has been playing Union for longer, and better, but it would still be a case of them bringing someone in with the intentions of him playing for England.

I'd be more worried about losing him back to league than losing him to England. A successful season with Leinster is hugely important if he's to stay.

Does anyone know can he play for Australia given he lived there for nearly 10 years? I know he'd have to go back and play for one of their clubs but would he be eligible through residency when playing league?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

I think Te'o and Burgess are pals from their Russell Crowe FC days so I'm sure he's been paying close attention to what's gone on there, maybe even speaking to Burgess in person. I think even the English set up themselves would be wary of trying to bring in someone like that again. Granted Te'o has been playing Union for longer, and better, but it would still be a case of them bringing someone in with the intentions of him playing for England.

I'd be more worried about losing him back to league than losing him to England. A successful season with Leinster is hugely important if he's to stay.

Does anyone know can he play for Australia given he lived there for nearly 10 years? I know he'd have to go back and play for one of their clubs but would he be eligible through residency when playing league?

I believe he's eligible for Austraila, NZ, and England.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Pudsy33 wrote: »

and Samoa

Pudsy33 wrote: »

He represented Samoa in League once so he must be eligible for them too. If he was to stay another season with Leinster he'd then be eligible for 5 teams :D

Well he seems to have settled here fairly well, is having some success at the conversion and is becoming a fan favourite (we've replaced our LEEEEOOOO, LEEEEEOOO with TEEEEOOOO, TEEEOOOO......original bunch that we are). I know he'll probably need to make up his mind before anything is won, but being in the knock-out stages of both competitions and playing good rugby would certainly help go a long way to keeping him here you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Well he seems to have settled here fairly well, is having some success at the conversion and is becoming a fan favourite (we've replaced our LEEEEOOOO, LEEEEEOOO with TEEEEOOOO, TEEEOOOO......original bunch that we are). I know he'll probably need to make up his mind before anything is won, but being in the knock-out stages of both competitions and playing good rugby would certainly help go a long way to keeping him here you'd think.

I've never heard a proper rendition of TEEEEOOOOO. I feel making him a fan favourite may end up being a key part of keeping here. It's at times like these I look to the men on the Terrace to do their bit.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I've never heard a proper rendition of TEEEEOOOOO. I feel making him a fan favourite may end up being a key part of keeping here. It's at times like these I look to the men on the Terrace to do their bit.

Perhaps fans should start singing Michael Jackson's Ben to him two or three times a match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

I want a few rounds of "Boom, boom, boom, let me hear you say T'eo" "T'eeeeooooo" everytime he scores a try. Or crashes through someone. Or nails someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

TEO, TEO, Daylight come and me no wanna go home

Isn't it pronounced Tea-Oh though, rather than Tay-oh?

It could still work, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Isn't it pronounced Tea-Oh though, rather than Tay-oh?

It could still work, I suppose.

My nephew, 5, callls him Tayto :D

We're starting to. He got a massive reception when going past us on Friday. Admittedly that was while he was coming off injured, but still....

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

We're starting to. He got a massive reception when going past us on Friday. Admittedly that was while he was coming off injured, but still....

What's the Leinster equivalent of ligind? I think he'll be that by the end of the season. Great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

What's the Leinster equivalent of ligind? I think he'll be that by the end of the season. Great player.

"Ledge" ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

and Samoa
    And does he qualify for Ireland if he spends 3 years with Leinster or have I got this all wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

flouncer wrote: »
    And does he qualify for Ireland if he spends 3 years with Leinster or have I got this all wrong?

Yeah he certainly does.

He's gonna finish his three years here then put himself on eBay. It's an elaborate play.

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    "Ledge" ???

We'd also accept "f o c k i n g hero".

so my te'o aki axis of evil is still on rather than the fluffy nicey ringrose henshaw combination for ireland :-)

Can you imagine. The full 15 of project players.

Payne, ludik, van Der Heever, aki, teo, bleydenhal, (insert scrum half here) CJ stander, diack, heenan, roux, that ulster bloke, ah you, Strauss, loosehead prop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Payne, ludik, van Der Heever, aki, teo, bleydenhal, (insert scrum half here) CJ stander, diack, heenan, roux, that ulster bloke, ah you, Strauss, loosehead prop.

Stick Nathan White in the front row and stick Rodders over at loosie.

Personal opinion here I think Stander is a fantastic player. Heenan has been insane for Connacht (though two shoulder reconstructions leaves him in a very dicey place), I think Strauss is fantastic and really its a struggle with him over Rory. As a lineout thrower Strauss every time. As a player in the ruck Best most times. Then it is always competitive in the backline but the biggest nuisance I see is Aki. He is such a pain in the arse. He reminds me of McCaw, he is so close to being penalised but its so close he gets away with it. Have huge time for him. Te'o is a fantastic player and showing it every week. So maybe we don't have 15 project players but there are a lot of these players we will be seeing in the next world cup for Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,914 ✭✭✭Rigor Mortis

aimee1 wrote: »
    "Ledge" ???

Or Mala ledge in the Dublin Gaeltacht

Rumour mill is saying:

Mcgrath Strauss ROSS
    McCarthy toner
    Murphy sob Heaslip
    Reddan sexton
    Reid mcfadden in centre
    Dave zane isa 15

Fitz RK and teo out

Rumour mill is saying:

Mcgrath Strauss ROSS
    McCarthy toner
    Murphy sob Heaslip
    Reddan sexton
    Reid mcfadden in centre
    Dave zane isa 15

Fitz RK and teo out

Mcfadden is a very uninspiring centre. I'd prefer Ringrose over mcfadden even if he was a 33 yr old NIQ foreigner becuase I genuinely think he's a better centre.

Rumour mill is saying:

Mcgrath Strauss ROSS
    McCarthy toner
    Murphy sob Heaslip
    Reddan sexton
    Reid mcfadden in centre
    Dave zane isa 15

Fitz RK and teo out

I'd well believe it. Had suggested the below on LF if the injuries were that bad (also assumed Cronin was out which he probably isn't):

McGrath Strauss Ross
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

Reddan Sexton
    Madigan, McFadden
    D Kearney Nacewa, Kirchner

Tracy, Healy, Moore, Triggs, Conan, McGrath, Marsh, Reid

We need a solid defensive centre and Ringrose, good and all as he's been, isn't ready for a start at this level. With Reid being a bit dodgy defensively he needs someone more experienced and harder hitting beside him.

Not too surprised if Rhys isn't starting either. He's still coming back from injury really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Unfortunately McFadden is anything but a solid defensive center. Especially now after spending so little time there in such a long time.

Suggestions in the media were that Fitzgerald will be fit. If he is he should be starting in midfield really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement