Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

ssaye2 wrote: »
    Murray Kinsella says players can be reregistered and can play V Leinster

You're right. They must have changed the rules because that wasn't the case before.

Notes

Each club may select two additional players during the course of the pool stages, one of whom must be a front row player. The nominated additional player will replace a registered member of the club's squad and no club will exceed 41 players at any time during the pool stages.

The deregistered player may return to the squad at a later date during the pool stages and replace the additional player he was originally replaced by. Clubs must ensure that the additional player has not been nominated in a match squad of another club in the same tournament during the current season.

The additional player will be eligible to play in the next round of pool matches if his nomination is received by EPCR by noon GMT on the Tuesday before the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Murray Kinsella. FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Wow, its tough to have that many quality FBs and have them all unavailable at the same time. If they are out, then the above backline is pretty much all we can do unless you want to stick young Kelleher in, and I don't see that as very likely, especially in such a make-shift backline.

They may not have trained but that doesn't mean they won't be available. We don't play until Sunday so we've plenty of time left to get guys back involved. And I can't imagine Leo would be showing his full hand in an open training session like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

scott1974 wrote: »
    Believe it or not, the backline we put out last year against Wasps was:

15 Ian Madigan, 14 Zane Kirchner, 13.Gordon D'Arcy, 12.Noel Reid, 11.Darragh Fanning, 10.Jimmy Gopperth, 9.Eoin Reddan

The pack included Dom Ryan and Michael Bent...

On balance I think we'll field a stronger team on Sunday...

Mother of jaysus that is ordinary. Only Reddan there would trouble a first choice side this season. Maybe Reid if he would tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

Is Reddan injured? Very interesting if McGrath has leapfrogged him for this game. I don't know how relevant it is, but McGrath and Ringrose also feature prominently on the training photos uploaded to Facebook by the branch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Is Reddan injured? Very interesting if McGrath has leapfrogged him for this game. I don't know how relevant it is, but McGrath and Ringrose also feature prominently on the training photos uploaded to Facebook by the branch.

I'd love to see it but nah really doubt it. Hopefully McGrath is on the bench though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,484 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Madigan could end up playing 15 again, with Kirchner at 13 and Reid at 12. I'd prefer that to McFadden at 13.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Madigan could end up playing 15 again, with Kirchner at 13 and Reid at 12. I'd prefer that to McFadden at 13.

Really?

I don't like McFadden at 13, but why on earth would Kirchner be better? And I don't like Madigan at 15 at all.

I'd rather have disruption in the fewest number of positions possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

LostArt wrote: »
    Kirchner, Kearney and Isa didn't train

Surely it doesn't necessarily mean they're not available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

vienne86 wrote: »
    Surely it doesn't necessarily mean they're not available.

no idea tbh, I just saw that those three and a few others weren't training

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Leinster really have an embarrassment of riches in the front and back rows. Front row: Healy, McGrath, Bent, Strauss, Cronin, Treacy, Dundon, Ross, Furlong, Moore. Back row: Ruddock, Murphy, SOB, Heaslip, Van der Flier, Leavy.

I hope Cullen has some paracatemol handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭S12b

Who do most of ye expect to get the start.....McGrath or Healy, Ruddock or Jordi??

S12b wrote: »
    Who do most of ye expect to get the start.....McGrath or Healy, Ruddock or Jordi??

McGrath to start for me. And probably Ruddock over Jordi.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Leinster 9 point favourite for this with the bookies. Wish I shared their optimism.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Hope christian wade side steps into Sean O'Brien

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I'd rather have disruption in the fewest number of positions possible.

Good point. You couldnt just throw someone unfamiliar with the jersey into 22 at this late stage, a position that Mads has made his own. Its a tricky position and few can master it was well as he has, particularly in such an important game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

vienne86 wrote: »
    McGrath to start for me. And probably Ruddock over Jordi.

Think Ruddock might be injured again, he trained on his own yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Weather for Sunday's match looking poor. Cool, strong breeze and a lot of rain around.

It's in the rds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It's in the rds?

It is. 1pm.

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Weather for Sunday's match looking poor. Cool, strong breeze and a lot of rain around.

Might have a bearing on the selection - someone like McFadden in the backline in the wet and wind.

Might not be a nice experience in the North stand. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Leinster really have an embarrassment of riches in the front and back rows. Front row: Healy, McGrath, Bent, Strauss, Cronin, Treacy, Dundon, Ross, Furlong, Moore. Back row: Ruddock, Murphy, SOB, Heaslip, Van der Flier, Leavy.

I hope Cullen has some paracatemol handy...

Conan, ryan*

*currently a liability

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

aimee1 wrote: »
    Conan, ryan*

*currently a liability

In fairness I totally forgot about Conan! But I deliberately left out Ryan as he just hasn't been up to scratch at all this season and just don't think he's an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

^^^

I reckon Ulster would still kill for Ryan :p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Adam Byrne and Tom Daly are in the 7s squad for this weekend, wonder who will replace them for the As.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

Clegg wrote: »
    I thought Fitzgerald was due back on Sunday? Are we back to the bad old days of "he'll be back in a few weeks"?

The word from the medical staff is that this game came a week too soon for Luke

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I know we like to laugh about, as it is funny in fairness, but didn't the whole week too soon stuff come as they didn't fully know what was wrong and it was Fitzgerald himself saying he wasn't fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Quint2010 wrote: »
    In fairness I totally forgot about Conan! But I deliberately left out Ryan as he just hasn't been up to scratch at all this season and just don't think he's an option.

Conan is a superb player and I can see him reaching a very high ceiling (I'd comment on Ryan but pretty sure it's against forum rules to be critical so I'll leave it I said!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

CatFromHue wrote: »
    I know we like to laugh about, as it is funny in fairness, but didn't the whole week too soon stuff come as they didn't fully know what was wrong and it was Fitzgerald himself saying he wasn't fit.

Its a bit early to say. And while I could answer that this week it would be just a week too early, so feel it is better just to give the matter a little more time. Am thinking fully about your question though and looking forward to giving you a full answer next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement