Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,128 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Will ye stop worrying. This is our yard, and the spirit has returned to the group to defend it.

Wasps have a couple of outstanding players but I firmly believe we are better and more experienced overall than they are, and we have the string pullers necessary. The weather prospects are poor, so an old fashioned forwards oriented game and Sexton pinning them back will carry it. McFadden was always meant to be a centre in my view and this is just the sort of game for him. My only slight concern is lineouts.

Leinster 18-10 Wasps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Haskell's not playing, is he?

Is he?

Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

On ticket exchange, is there some sort of good etiquette about buying all three tickets if they're selling 3. Someone is selling 3, I only want two, but they're in a great spot at a good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Whiff of Cordite on twitter saying we should be starting Ringrose at 13. What a handsome opinion. I like the cut of his jib.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,645 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

With our 1-10 and strong kicking options throughout the backline we don't need this to be an open game. We can do that when we have our backline back from injury.

• Advertisement

Whiff of Cordite on twitter saying we should be starting Ringrose at 13. What a handsome opinion. I like the cut of his jib.

...is that your blog?

Let it be known, only twice have I ever posted a rumoured team. The first was Toner to start ahead of Henderson in the France RWC game, the second is this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

...is that your blog?

No its definitely not me (he did post here before however)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Real shame about the injuries. The pack is there though so no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

They have some wheels in their backs, so it is up to us to keep it tight, which we should be able to do with that pack. And with Sexton directing traffic. This won't be pretty, but we should win.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster by 15+.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

awec wrote: »
    Leinster by 15+.

You see Reid and McFadden in the midfield right?

I haven't seen a whole lot of Piutau but I believe he's a very very good player? Their back three is so dangerous. Need to manage the game really well, ball into row z at the expense of distance.

• Administrators Posts: 53,843 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hagz wrote: »
    You see Reid and McFadden in the midfield right?

Yea, wee buns. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭leakyboots

Will be a tight one I'd say, look forward to watching

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Just saw RK hobbling across the road in Ballsbridge. With Ben Te'o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

prob down to the embassy grill to get a half pounder i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

The only uncapped player there is Reid, I think. Don't get why Leinster fans are so worried. You're blessed with riches, have some confidence in your squad!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,775 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Zzippy wrote: »
    The only uncapped player there is Reid, I think. Don't get why Leinster fans are so worried. You're blessed with riches, have some confidence in your squad!

Reid is capped ;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Wasps lost to Quins away, they got the lbp though, beat Bath at home, lost to Leicester away, and then beat Gloucester at home, are currently 8th in the Aviva, and have only scored 6 tries in their 4 games.

Leinster by the numerical equivalent of the sense of entitlement of an anti water protestor!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Don't like McFadden at 13. Agree with ibf that we'd be as well off just starting Ringrose and it's the better long term option. Good to see McGrath on the bench.

Hope Teo is back next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Flipper22 wrote: »
    Just saw RK hobbling across the road in Ballsbridge. With Ben Te'o

coming out of his boozer :p

While we're discussing Wasps, what was the upshot of Jimmy Gopperth's citing? I was away and missed it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

vienne86 wrote: »
    While we're discussing Wasps, what was the upshot of Jimmy Gopperth's citing? I was away and missed it.

If you mean what happened he got a 3 week ban, appealed it, appeal thrown out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

My God we'll be quiet for this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I should charge a somber toll, for my earnestness.

It will be tolled so enjoy your ...

..grief?

.while it lasts.

How bad am I now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭TeoReid

Not a fan of McFadden at 13. when was the last time he played there? Hope he goes well

TeoReid wrote: »
    Not a fan of McFadden at 13. when was the last time he played there? Hope he goes well

Hope he's in form for defence against those Wasps backs.

TeoReid wrote: »

It's probably been a while but when Te'o and Fitz are both out I'm not sure who else we have that would be any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

McFadden has oodles of experience at centre. He started life as a centre. If anything he's out of position on the wing. He'll be grand.

Ringrose and Collie are the only other options. Throwing Ringrose to the wolves would be unfair on everyone, and Collie disappointed the last time he played in blue. I say that as a big fan of collie... Hopefully he gets another opportunity to show what he's been doing at tarf but the opening weekend in Europe is not it.

The only other option would be madigan 12 and Reid at 13, but you're playing players out of position then. Reid has been brilliant at 12, himself and sexton should keep the wasps honest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement