Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭padser

You're making an assumption here that Toulon are willing to reschedule the fixture but Bath are not, based on no evidence. It could be that neither want to reschedule and they're more interested in using a DL-esque method.

EDIT: Mourad's suggestion is probably even more extreme by the way, I see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/european-rugby/11998508/Toulon-vs-Bath-could-be-played-during-Six-Nations-and-France-and-England-must-release-players-says-Boudjellal.html

Mourad's suggestion isn't actually a serious proposal though.

Unless he is suggesting Bath play two fixtures during the weekend of 18th - 20th March (the weekend of England v France) as they are already due to play Newcastle that weekend.

EDIT - it's not that bad for Bath anyway. Play on Friday (Aviva), play on Wednesday (Toulon), play on Monday (Aviva). 5 day and then 6 day turnaround, it's not ideal at all but it's hardly a "player welfare" type issue

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

padser wrote: »
    Mourad's suggestion isn't actually a serious proposal though.

Unless he is suggesting Bath play two fixtures during the weekend of 18th - 20th March (the weekend of England v France) as they are already due to play Newcastle that weekend.

EDIT - it's not that bad for Bath anyway. Play on Friday (Aviva), play on Wednesday (Toulon), play on Monday (Aviva). 5 day and then 6 day turnaround, it's not ideal at all but it's hardly a "player welfare" type issue

I'm pretty sure it's a serious proposal. It's straight out of the Mourad book of logic!

It's still a player welfare issue whether or not you don't think it's that bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Some worrying signs for Saturday:
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081116/

Some positive signs:
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081111/
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081125/

No sign of Struass (expected) or Ruddock...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

scott1974 wrote: »

Ruddock:

1081135.jpg

Moore was training too.

Ruddock:

1081135.jpg

Moore was training too.

Ah, my bad. Maybe I need my eyes checked.
    I saw Moore, just wondering if he was dropped for the last game or injured?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I won't be convinced unless I see them doing contact work.

molloyjh wrote: »
    I won't be convinced unless I see them doing contact work.

No photos of anyone doing contact, so hard to tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Some worrying signs for Saturday:
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081116/

Some positive signs:
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081111/
    http://www.sportsfile.com/id/1081125/

I don't like seeing Isa like that. At all.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

In an ideal world, I'd like to see;

RK
    Isa
    T'eo
    Fitzgerald
    DK
    Sexton
    Reddan
    Heaslip
    SOB
    Ruddock
    McCarthy
    Toner
    Ross
    Cronin
    McGrath

Dundon
    Healy
    Furlong
    Triggs
    Murphy
    McGrath
    Madigan
    Kirchner/Ringrose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

McCarthy has had so many concussions at this stage, he must be very unlikely to play this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭mogwai81

It seems Van Der Flier has moved ahead of Leavy this season. Do people believe this is due to Leavy's injury problems or that Van Der Flier is simply a better openside?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

French games this weekend now beginning to be postponed as Munsters trip to Stade Francais has been put off.

No idea how they're going to fit all these games in between now and the end of the season...

Hope the Leinster game next week isn't pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

French games this weekend now beginning to be postponed as Munsters trip to Stade Francais has been put off.

No idea how they're going to fit all these games in between now and the end of the season...

I presume that is merely becuase it is literally in stade De France.

errlloyd wrote: »
    I presume that is merely becuase it is literally in stade De France.

No it was meant to be in Stade Jean-Bouin; I think they are unwilling or more so, unable to stretch the security personnel required given the security threats.

We could actually do with our game being postponed.... we might get some players back.
    no chance it will though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Could they not switch venue or is it too short notice?

We could actually do with our game being postponed.... we might get some players back.
    no chance it will though

If it's postponed, others are speculating it'll be played during a six nations break which means we'd be further weakened.

Hoping you're right that there's no chance! :)
    Could they not switch venue or is it too short notice?

I think they're just unwilling to play the game this weekend as they don't want to pull more security which is fair enough and I would imagine that that would apply no matter where in France they'd switch venue to. They could play it outside France but I doubt that would happen/be approved/they would want to.

The other side of the coin is that the country will be on high alert for a while so I assume they'll be 'stretching' resources regardless of when it's played, so it's a tricky one alright.

If it's postponed, others are speculating it'll be played during a six nations break which means we'd be further weakened.

There is no 6 Nations break for Bath. If this game is postponed there's little chance of getting it reorganised. I have no idea why it'd be postponed though unless there are threats discovered to have been made against it, I think it's unlikely a rugby game in Bath would be targeted of all the targets in England.

There is no 6 Nations break for Bath. If this game is postponed there's little chance of getting it reorganised. I have no idea why it'd be postponed though unless there are threats discovered to have been made against it, I think it's unlikely a rugby game in Bath would be targeted of all the targets in England.

Think we're crossing wires, I probably didn't phrase my post well the first time around :) I was referring to the potential of the Leinster v Ulster game being postponed if all the French home games are to be played next weekend as Ulster would be away to Oyonnax.

Just read earlier that that was the/one proposal. No reason for the Bath game to be postponed, no talk of it even as far as I know.

Think we're crossing wires, I probably didn't phrase my post well the first time around :) I was referring to the potential of the Leinster v Ulster game being postponed if all the French home games are to be played next weekend as Ulster would be away to Oyonnax.

Just read earlier that that was the/one proposal. No reason for the Bath game to be postponed, no talk of it even as far as I know.

Yep I just misread your post. Fair point. We could definitely play that during the 6 Nations if needed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

If they're stretched for security at the moment I dread to think how they're going to cope with the Euro's next summer.

The Munster match against Stade for this coming weekend is postponed now. It's going to be a real nightmare trying to get the competition back on track.

vienne86 wrote: »
    The Munster match against Stade for this coming weekend is postponed now. It's going to be a real nightmare trying to get the competition back on track.

We could always cancel it for the year and forget that Round 1 ever happened? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭elastico

vienne86 wrote: »

Next up is winter weather, always potential for a few games to be cancelled.

molloyjh wrote: »
    We could always cancel it for the year and forget that Round 1 ever happened? :pac:

Oh I'd love that!

So looks like Fitzgerald, Ruddock and Te'o will be available this weekend.

The fitness of Nacewa, Kearney, O'Brien, Strauss and McCarthy will be delayed until later in the week. We could do with SOB in particular.

My best "guess"...

Healy Cronin Ross
    Triggs Dev
    Rhys Jordan Jamie
    Boss Sexton
    Dave Fitz Teo Ferg Isa

Tracey Jack Moore Denton Jvdf Redden Madigan Zane

My best "guess"...

Healy Cronin Ross
    Triggs Dev
    Rhys Jordan Jamie
    Boss Sexton
    Dave Fitz Teo Ferg Isa

I'm not sure which would be worse, Boss or Katie Price......

My best "guess"...

Healy Cronin Ross
    Triggs Dev
    Rhys Jordan Jamie
    Boss Sexton
    Dave Fitz Teo Ferg Isa

Maybe Jack needs a break, but he is still ahead of Healy IMO. Having T'eo and isa back would be great, but SOB would be a big loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

mogwai81 wrote: »
    It seems Van Der Flier has moved ahead of Leavy this season. Do people believe this is due to Leavy's injury problems or that Van Der Flier is simply a better openside?

VDF has really taken his chance this season, he's been excellent. He should probably be ahead of Murphy too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement