Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Teo doesn't have great passing skills, he rarely passes.

In fairness he doesn't pass as much as you rereg, but then that's not saying much.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Leinster must develop their own players, so in a sense they are a development province for the national team.

Have really struggled to develop homegrown players at scrumhalf, lock, centre and hooker.

Hopefully McGrath, Molony, Ringrose and Tracy can step up at those positions, still need a 12 to replace Darcy and another scrumhalf to replace Boss and probably another lock.

My understanding is that a development team is a feeder team, and in that sense Connacht has been a development team over the years. But all teams must be feeder teams to the national team, given that the IRFU own them all anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BoltzmannBrain

All the Irish teams are feeder teams, don't see that as a technical term. Connacht were on the verge of collapse given the direction of funding pre Munsters HC victory. The additional cash hA changed things. Now it's all different. But of course it's a volatile situation. If we go through a period of missing out on the big bucks of the Champions cup there'll again be a realignment, just simple economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

All the Irish teams are feeder teams, don't see that as a technical term. Connacht were on the verge of collapse given the direction of funding pre Munsters HC victory. The additional cash hA changed things. Now it's all different. But of course it's a volatile situation. If we go through a period of missing out on the big bucks of the Champions cup there'll again be a realignment, just simple economics.

Are you talking about the additional cash from Munster winning the HEC? It's nice and all but the revenues the provinces generate are trivial compared to the national team. It's all in the IRFU annual report. The national team tends to generate a multiple of all the provinces combined in terms of revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

he has pointed out more than one, Henshaw is hardly an elite passer and it's certainly an area he can improve.

Read his post again. He gives one definite example.
    I'm not saying he can't improve but the poster I quoted was saying he was a bad passer and prone to "howlers". And also using passes he saw at an open training session in the RDS is laughable tbf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

I think the more apt way of putting it is that it isn't a strength of his game. Or rather it isn't a signature of his game. As opposed to he's a poor passer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Felexicon wrote: »
    Read his post again. He gives one definite example.
    I'm not saying he can't improve but the poster I quoted was saying he was a bad passer and prone to "howlers". And also using passes he saw at an open training session in the RDS is laughable tbf
    Hagz wrote: »
    I think the more apt way of putting it is that it isn't a strength of his game. Or rather it isn't a signature of his game. As opposed to he's a poor passer.

Exactly. I wasn't the one to use the word howlers initially, that was freyners who has seen a lot more of Henshaw than I have. And I never said he was a poor passer. I said he has issues with his distribution. That I can't give numerous detailed examples doesn't mean a whole lot.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ah that's not what a development side is! By that metric any side who try to produce their own players are a development side.

Connacht were a development side, as they were in theory developing players for the benefit of the other provinces. Don't think you can really say that when you're developing players for your own side.

I know we're arguing over a word but when you compare Irish to French and even some English clubs the amount of home grown players developed by the us verus them is huge.

So in that way we're a development side as we need to keep developing our own players.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yeah but still that's not what a development team is.

A better example of a development team would be the provincial "A" sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

It seems the tide is turning. Great to see.

I can't believe I was scathed by the 'regulars' here for even suggesting these sort of widespread changes and the introduction of younger, more enthuastic players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

WarZ wrote: »
    I can't believe I was scathed by the 'regulars' here for even suggesting these sort of widespread changes and the introduction of younger, more enthuastic players.

I can't believe you're still bitching about it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

am906.jpg

Always with the vague notions, never with the concrete examples.

It's easy to appear to never really be wrong if all you ever say is non-specific.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Rob Kearney out, felt a tightness in his hamstring. Isa replaces him.

It's easy to appear to never really be wrong if all you ever say is non-specific.

Yeah I hate when people do that. On a different topic, tonight should be an exciting game, I think Leinster or Ulster could really win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Even George Hook is occasionally right.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

What's a 'regular'? Is that different from a regular? Am I a 'regular' or a regular?

And in fairness you were obviously the only one saying anything about getting younger players involved. The rest of us were too busy begging for Mal and Reggie to be brought back to solve all of our problems....oh wait....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=97823091&postcount=7704

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Look no one came close to calling for these sort of changes for the massive euro game a week ago. I had predicted this demise weeks back and said the younger players need to be given a go now. As the mods have warned me I won't go into why this isn't surprising to me but instead just argue that it is great news for Leinster rugby.

Look no one came close to calling for these sort of changes for the massive euro game a week ago. I had predicted this demise weeks back and said the younger players need to be given a go now. As the mods have warned me I won't go into why this isn't surprising to me but instead just argue that it is great news for Leinster rugby.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Exactly, no-one (or at least very few) wanted a load of the younger guys playing in the ERCC game, but many wanted to give them a chance at the appropriate time, ie the Pro12. This is exactly what has happened.

• Advertisement

So Isa is in for tonight. I felt we really missed him last week.

It's blowing a gale and bloody freezing in Dublin, but let's just hope we don't get rain and can have a decent game.

Really really looking forward to seeing this team tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Can vouch for this. At Ballsbridge now, and nary a hint of balls anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

It's bleeding freezin in Donnybrook. I liv 15 mins from the RDS, but the weather presents a challenge to actually go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Yeah I hate when people do that. On a different topic, tonight should be an exciting game, I think Leinster or Ulster could really win it!

Don't forget the possibility some players might have a beer or two afterwards.

sheep? wrote: »
    Can vouch for this. At Ballsbridge now, and nary a hint of balls anywhere.

BEV955_503405.jpg

An accurate depiction!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Rookie mistake lads, you don't count them til you get home!

Don't think I'll ever find them again.

Hard to see from the stands what happened to Reid and McGrath. At least McGrath was able to walk off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

vienne86 wrote:
    Hard to see from the stands what happened to Reid and McGrath. At least McGrath was able to walk off.

McGrath seemed to get his lag stuck under some bodies and twisted akwardly trying to get away.
    Reid seemed to hurt his in a tackle but got back up and then tackled again only to fall in a heap on the ground

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement