Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Was tempted to pick up a hot whiskey today purely to hold against my face. Sweet Jesus it was cold tonight.

Madigan looked awful from the stands tonight. Heaslip had a great game. Can anyone tell who picked up MOTM?

So frustrating to see so fans filing out with 10-5 minutes to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

2 things that stood out for me tonight.

Reddan is done even at this level. Looked awful in all aspects of his game when he came on. Picking balls out of rucks without the faintest idea of what he wanted to do with it.

Madigan simply does not have the game intelligence to be a top class number 10.
    Tried 2 drop goals that were never on. The 2nd of which was just at the end of the game when Leinster just needed to keep the ball in hand and grind out the result.
    He also takes the ball in to contact too much for an out half. It's fine when he's playing at 12 but when he's stuck in a ruck every 2 minutes it leaves the attack disjointed as our first receiver is at the bottom of a pile of bodies

Edit: Hate to dwell on the negatives as I actually thought we played very well at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Was tempted to pick up a hot whiskey today purely to hold against my face. Sweet Jesus it was cold tonight.

Madigan looked awful from the stands tonight. Heaslip had a great game. Can anyone tell who picked up MOTM?

So frustrating to see so fans filing out with 10-5 minutes to go...

Fitzgerald was motm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭typhoony

.ak wrote: »
    Fitzgerald was motm

VDF could have easily picked it up tonight, he was a real nuisance at the breakdown, been a while since we've seen a genuine openside, reminded me of justin tupuric

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

typhoony wrote: »
    VDF could have easily picked it up tonight, he was a real nuisance at the breakdown, been a while since we've seen a genuine openside, reminded me of justin tupuric

But Tipuric isn't a typical openside? VdF does remind me a little of him though, it may just be the scrum cap :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    Fitzgerald was motm

It should have been VDF. His work rate in attack and defence was excellent. He made such a positive impact so many times I really can't understand how he wasn't MOTM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

lads ye were shocking. ye are welcome to phrase it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

molloyjh wrote: »
    It should have been VDF. His work rate in attack and defence was excellent. He made such a positive impact so many times I really can't understand how he wasn't MOTM.

there was no motm. it was rubbish game played by two sides with no ideas. if you want to give a motm award then you miss the lack of anything by either side. but go ahead, give each other plaudits. what are ye like :-). i would suggest ye give the least motm award. loads held their hand up for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

From the stands VdF was MOM to me. Ridiculous work rate. Each hit he was putting in was effective, even at the end of the game. He really is on form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Hagz wrote: »
    From the stands VdF was MOM to me. Ridiculous work rate. Each hit he was putting in was effective, even at the end of the game. He really is on form.

Yeah he was brilliant. Heaslip had a great game too, tidied up so much loose ball. Luke was great in the first half, didn't see as much ball in the second.
    Thought Kirchner went well enough too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah he was brilliant. Heaslip had a great game too, tidied up so much loose ball.

no didn't you get the memo that Heaslip hasn't played well in years and doesn't do anything all game

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭ArmchairQB

typhoony wrote: »

Ruddock or VDF for me, Luke knocked at least 3 high balls

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

VdF has been Leinster's best back row this season easily. I'm not overly hopeful but he should certainly be ahead of Murphy on form imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

flouncer wrote: »
    there was no motm. it was rubbish game played by two sides with no ideas. if you want to give a motm award then you miss the lack of anything by either side. but go ahead, give each other plaudits. what are ye like :-). i would suggest ye give the least motm award. loads held their hand up for that

This isn't constructive discussion, it's just trolling. Give it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

ArmchairQB wrote: »
    Ruddock or VDF for me, Luke knocked at least 3 high balls

Fitz wasnt the only player to knock on a contestable kick. The ball was swirling around too which didnt help.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,619 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

all in all i though that was a pretty convincing win, even if it wasnt relected on the scoreboard.

i can only reall ulster having one sortie close to the leinster line in the whole game, and leinster left about 3 other tries behind them. teo dropping the ball, Rory Best doing excellently to get under whoever it was, and a couple of other line breaks that werent finished off.

mads drop goal with 90 seconds left was frustrating.
    our discipline in defense was excellent, and out scrum was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    all in all i though that was a pretty convincing win, even if it wasnt relected on the scoreboard.

i can only reall ulster having one sortie close to the leinster line in the whole game, and leinster left about 3 other tries behind them. teo dropping the ball, Rory Best doing excellently to get under whoever it was, and a couple of other line breaks that werent finished off.

mads drop goal with 90 seconds left was frustrating.
    our discipline in defense was excellent, and out scrum was excellent.

VDF was held up by Best i think, the drop goal was the right idea but they should have gone more central before trying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

Any word on Noel Reids injury. Is it a suspected break or ligament damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

hogandrew wrote: »
    Any word on Noel Reids injury. Is it a suspected break or ligament damage?

And more importantly, what about Luke McGrath?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭hogandrew

vienne86 wrote: »
    And more importantly, what about Luke McGrath?

I'm choosing to assume this is just a slight strain. If Reid was a long term injury, given that madigan and Fitzgerald will be involved with Ireland and Daly is heavily involved with the 7's, would there be the possibility of a niq player coming in to cover until after the 6 nations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭accensi0n

aimee1 wrote: »
    Fitz wasnt the only player to knock on a contestable kick. The ball was swirling around too which didnt help.

What annoyed me was that Fitz actually made the effort to get to a couple of them and got up above his opponent but then just stuck out one arm instead of trying to catch the ball with both arms.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

accensi0n wrote: »
    What annoyed me was that Fitz actually made the effort to get to a couple of them and got up above his opponent but then just stuck out one arm instead of trying to catch the ball with both arms.

You're right he definitely wasn't trying to catch them :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Reid looked in a fair amount of pain last night. Hopefully nothing too serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Fitz has never been as comfortable under the high ball as the likes of the Kearneys, Isa, etc. It's just not a strong point of his game, particularly at 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

KH25 wrote: »
    Reid looked in a fair amount of pain last night. Hopefully nothing too serious.

Someone posted over on LF that he was in A & E last night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

vienne86 wrote: »
    Someone posted over on LF that he was in A & E last night. :(

Do rugby players have to go go A&E like us mortals? I figured they went private somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,691 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14288.php

Still no actual updates, just that they're still being assessed. Reckons McGrath's is just a strain though.

I'd seriously doubt that any players are sent to A and E, it'd be private.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

Still no actual updates, just that they're still being assessed. Reckons McGrath's is just a strain though.

Private hospitals still have A&E departments, swiftcare or the Beacon, he'd still go in through A&E I'd imagine. Reid's looked very bad, when he was trying to stand up before the medics came on, was hard to tell what happened but I'm pretty sure it was from his body position, trying to tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

_Tyrrell_ wrote: »

It likely depends on the severity of the injury. The irfu have scan appointments in hospitals on Mondays and surgery appointments too (if required). But if an injury happens on a Friday and it's suspected that there is a break, surely they just go to a&e like mere mortals, rather than wait until Monday? I'm open to correction but I'm not aware of any private a&e that opens late night / weekends.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭Heroditas

From what I remember, any injuries at the RDS were brought to Vincent's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement