Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Heroditas wrote: »
    From what I remember, any injuries at the RDS were brought to Vincent's.

That's what I thought as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

stephen_n wrote:
    Private hospitals still have A&E departments, swiftcare or the Beacon, he'd still go in through A&E I'd imagine. Reid's looked very bad, when he was trying to stand up before the medics came on, was hard to tell what happened but I'm pretty sure it was from his body position, trying to tackle.

Yeah I thought it was from his poor body position in a tackle too

Did anyone get their tickets for the Toulon match? I formed a group of 7. Five of us have compared notes, and three have got an upgrade but two haven't. So we're not together. Anyone else have this problem?

vienne86 wrote: »
    Did anyone get their tickets for the Toulon match? I formed a group of 7. Five of us have compared notes, and three have got an upgrade but two haven't. So we're not together. Anyone else have this problem?

Haven't arrived yet, but if my 1 year old ends up sitting by himself Id be delighted, get to watch the feckin match.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭UnknownEntity

My tickets arrived and we're all beside each other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Arrived last Thursday. Upgraded and together.

Arrived last Thursday. Upgraded and together.

Thanks folks. It looks like we should have all been upgraded, but I will check with the other two members to see if they have been upgraded before well before I phone Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Thanks folks. It looks like we should have all been upgraded, but I will check with the other two members to see if they have been upgraded before well before I phone Ticketmaster.

Think you needed to have renewed your ST by a certain date to get the upgrade, might be something to do with that.

salmocab wrote: »
    Think you needed to have renewed your ST by a certain date to get the upgrade, might be something to do with that.

I thought it might be that too, but we should have been told - stupid to be forming the group on that basis. We're split 4 + 3. I've banged off an email to ticketmaster, so I'll report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Those of us in the group we created who received our tickets for the Aviva are in the Premium Level on the south stand. Not sure the Terrace will ever hold the same allure again!

I also received someone else's ticket completely at random, it was odd because there's no logic to how it got into mine - STH number not even close to mine, seats aren't even in the same stand, names not close alphabetically... very odd. Contacted Leinster ticket office, all sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Anyone else hoping to see Marsh at ten this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

errlloyd wrote: »
    Anyone else hoping to see Marsh at ten this weekend?

God no.

We're in a really good position in the league, let's go to Glasgow with the idea of winning, not experimenting or "blooding players."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

.ak wrote: »
    God no.

We're in a really good position in the league, let's go to Glasgow with the idea of winning, not experimenting or "blooding players."

So what, play Sexton again? Have him play 6 in a row including the Toulon games? Do you really think the IRFU will allow that?

Marsh is the next best 10 we have and hasn't played in a few weeks. He needs game time and Sexton will almost certainly be rested. I do not want Mads anywhere near that 10 shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,636 ✭✭✭✭Tox56

molloyjh wrote: »
    So what, play Sexton again? Have him play 6 in a row including the Toulon games? Do you really think the IRFU will allow that?

Marsh is the next best 10 we have and hasn't played in a few weeks. He needs game time and Sexton will almost certainly be rested. I do not want Mads anywhere near that 10 shirt.

Tbh Marsh has the hallmarks of Madigan 2.0 for me. I would probably give him a run because his performances deserve it, but Im not hugely optimistic he is, or is likely to be, better than Madigan

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I think we should rest sexton for the Toulon games. The league is now more important.

Not going to happen though, just like we won't be starting marsh against Glasgow, away.

It'll probably be madigan this weekend, like it or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

I'm sorry now, but Madigan is absolutely the next best 10 we have, and the way Sexton is playing, he may even be the best we have.

I know Madigan has his flaws but we need to get just a little bit of perspective on things.

I'm sorry now, but Madigan is absolutely the next best 10 we have, and the way Sexton is playing, he may even be the best we have.

I know Madigan has his flaws but we need to get just a little bit of perspective on things.

If Mads was playing well I'd agree but he's been very, very poor since coming back into Leinster. His decision making has been atrocious at times, not just bad. Just look at him kicking the ball down the middle of the park rather than off it when Reid was down injured, or that crazy attempted drop goal with less than 2 mins still on the clock. Those kinds of decisions are inexcusable from someone who has the caps he has.

Marsh may not turn out to be any better in the long run but so far this season he has done more to warrant the start than Mads has.

Eponymous wrote: »
    Those of us in the group we created who received our tickets for the Aviva are in the Premium Level on the south stand. Not sure the Terrace will ever hold the same allure again!

I also received someone else's ticket completely at random, it was odd because there's no logic to how it got into mine - STH number not even close to mine, seats aren't even in the same stand, names not close alphabetically... very odd. Contacted Leinster ticket office, all sorted.

I emailed sportstickets@ticketmaster - probably a better idea to contact Leinster. I'll give that a go.

salmocab wrote: »

That's exactly what happened. To be fair, Sinead offered us all a move, if the three on the terrace paid €25 each, but we're leaving it.

It will be business as usual for the Munster game in April.

Elvery's doing 2015/16 jerseys for 30 euro off €40 quid total. Don't have the link but it's on their website.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Are the jerseys usually 70euro?

I thought they were around 60 but could be wrong here.

What do people think we'll see against Glasgow? I'd be pretty disgusted if we threw in the towel in Europe at this stage. As big an ask as it is a win in Toulon puts us right back in it, especially if Bath and Wasps take a few points off each other in their back to backs. Personally I'd play the following against Toulon as it stands (assuming fitness allows):

McGrath Cronin Moore
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

McGrath Sexton
    Madigan Te'o
    Fitz R Kearney Nacewa

Tracy, Healy, Furlong, Triggs/Molony, VDF, Boss, McFadden, Ringrose

With that in mind (and considering the player welfare thing) I reckon something like this for the Glasgow game (again fitness permitting):

Dooley Tracy Moore
    Molony McCarthy
    Ruddock SOB VDF

Boss Marsh
    Madigan Te'o
    D Kearney R Kearney McFadden

Cronin, Healy, Ross, Triggs/Toner, Murphy, Reddan, Ringrose, Kirchner

There might be slight concerns over Dooley (not much mind, I've been quite impressed with him) and Tracys darts, but other than that I reckon that's a good pack. Boss and Marsh at 9-10 again could be an issue but I don't think we have any alternatives there. Mads and Te'o in the centre because we need to decide on our centres and give them time together. I think Mads has looked better at 12 than at 10 and has done better than Fitz at 12 too. And Fitz is looking dangerous on the wing again. That bench should have a decent amount of impact too.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I disagree. Based on the way Marsh played this season I think he can bring others into the game far better than Madigan ever has done for us. He's not as dangerous himself and defensively he needs to be covered better but I want to see him again.

If you want to talk about perspective, what makes Madigan a better 10 than him based on the rugby they've played for us this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

molloyjh wrote: »
    What do people think we'll see against Glasgow? I'd be pretty disgusted if we threw in the towel in Europe at this stage. As big an ask as it is a win in Toulon puts us right back in it, especially if Bath and Wasps take a few points off each other in their back to backs. Personally I'd play the following against Toulon as it stands (assuming fitness allows):

McGrath Cronin Moore
    Toner McCarthy
    Ruddock Heaslip SOB

McGrath Sexton
    Madigan Te'o
    Fitz R Kearney Nacewa

Tracy, Healy, Furlong, Triggs/Molony, VDF, Boss, McFadden, Ringrose

With that in mind (and considering the player welfare thing) I reckon something like this for the Glasgow game (again fitness permitting):

Dooley Tracy Moore
    Molony McCarthy
    Ruddock SOB VDF

Boss Marsh
    Madigan Te'o
    D Kearney R Kearney McFadden

Cronin, Healy, Ross, Triggs/Toner, Murphy, Reddan, Ringrose, Kirchner

There might be slight concerns over Dooley (not much mind, I've been quite impressed with him) and Tracys darts, but other than that I reckon that's a good pack. Boss and Marsh at 9-10 again could be an issue but I don't think we have any alternatives there. Mads and Te'o in the centre because we need to decide on our centres and give them time together. I think Mads has looked better at 12 than at 10 and has done better than Fitz at 12 too. And Fitz is looking dangerous on the wing again. That bench should have a decent amount of impact too.

Not a case of throwing in the towel in Europe, but imo the league is the most important competition this season. We need to finish as high as possible to get a better European seeding next season.

I'd go as strong as possible against Glasgow, and then assess where we are for Toulon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭captbarnacles

Hard to see how we can win in Toulon. If we can't get parity in the scrum we will definitely not win and judging by recent performances they are strong there and we have been terrible.

Toulon warmed up by thrashing Clermont away :(

Not a case of throwing in the towel in Europe, but imo the league is the most important competition this season. We need to finish as high as possible to get a better European seeding next season.

I'd go as strong as possible against Glasgow, and then assess where we are for Toulon.

But we don't have that luxury. Internationals will be rested and that is outside of Leinsters control.
    Hard to see how we can win in Toulon. If we can't get parity in the scrum we will definitely not win and judging by recent performances they are strong there and we have been terrible.

Toulon warmed up by thrashing Clermont away :(

And they warmed up for that game by being thrashed themselves by Wasps.

Luke McGrath certainly out for this weekend and probably out for a couple more weeks according to RTE just now. Noel Reid out for longer, as was obvious when he was carted off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

Luke McGrath certainly out for this weekend and probably out for a couple more weeks according to RTE just now. Noel Reid out for longer, as was obvious when he was carted off.

if its only a few weeks for LmcG it is a result.

aimee1 wrote: »
    if its only a few weeks for LmcG it is a result.

Is it just me or is Reid not as bad as is being made out?

He makes good ground and distributes well often in heavy traffic. He's not good defensively but he can work on that. Drico improved defensively a lot in his late 20's.

• Advertisement

Is it just me or is Reid not as bad as is being made out?

He makes good ground and distributes well often in heavy traffic. He's not good defensively but he can work on that. Drico improved defensively a lot in his late 20's.

I think he's improved a lot, but his defenceand tackling are a real issue.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement