Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I'll be playing in worse this afternoon lol, I dont know is anyone here watches Brian Mujati's youtube videos, he calls out this very softness that has pervaded modern rugby.

Not sure how that relates to this... Games get called off in Ireland at lower levels in less weather all the time.

Its a given that during December January you get feck all games. Playing on a pitch that waterlogged can ruin the turf also.

So glad we have a 4g pitch in the club now. All year round games and training.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

I'll be playing in worse this afternoon lol, I dont know is anyone here watches Brian Mujati's youtube videos, he calls out this very softness that has pervaded modern rugby.

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Anyone remember the Biarritz-Connacht game in the HEC a couple of years ago? Pitch like that, ref had to blow up when a ruck formed in certain parts of the pitch in case someone on the bottom drowned. Farce. Right to call it off, game would be a joke if it went ahead in those conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I haven't seen the video, but softness does not equate to not wanting to get injured.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

.ak wrote: »
    Not sure how that relates to this... Games get called off in Ireland at lower levels in less weather all the time.

Yeah, our games off. I can 100% gaurantee the pitch is grand (was due for a 2pm ko) but the joys of playing on a council pitch is that if they call off a soccer pitch a mile away at the far end of the park, then the whole place is off. Our pitch has great drainage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Thanos

Great outcome from the game................... No injuries!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Thanos wrote: »
    Great outcome from the game................... No injuries!!!!

Even better, didnt get beaten :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Even better, didnt get beaten :)

Whatever about the wind and rain, the pitch looks unplayable, so that's that. They'd hardly switch it to tomorrow.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I haven't seen the video, but softness does not equate to not wanting to get injured.

I remember a few years ago we where to play a match on a pitch with some big puddles down in one corner. Before the game the ref came in and told us that he'd a bad experience with a guy almost drowning before so would blow up if a ruck was formed in that area or if he thought a guy was in trouble anywhere else on the pitch. Can't say anyone wanted to play after hearing that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Whatever about the wind and rain, the pitch looks unplayable, so that's that. They'd hardly switch it to tomorrow.

team back in dublin today so wont be tomorrow

• Advertisement

aimee1 wrote: »
    team back in dublin today so wont be tomorrow

I wonder when they will play this....during the six nations? Or could they play it during the knockout stages of the Champions Cup if neither team is involved in that?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

I wonder when they will play this....during the six nations? Or could they play it during the knockout stages of the Champions Cup if neither team is involved in that?

Glasgow already have an extra game on their calendar. That'll end up being during 6n window. Sucks for them becuase they lose as many players as us, without quite the same depth

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭hype101

A certain website has the Glasgow/Leinster game kicking off at 3 today.. Is this just a typo as the TV listings don't have anything and someone else said that the players were back in Dub?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

hype101 wrote: »
    A certain website has the Glasgow/Leinster game kicking off at 3 today.. Is this just a typo as the TV listings don't have anything and someone else said that the players were back in Dub?

Definitely not playing today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

The game is 100% not on today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

leinster facebook page had pictures of the players arriving back at dublin airport at about 4pm yesterday.

Resheduling could be a bit of a nightmare - as already pointed out by another poster, Glasgow had a European match postponed as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,361 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

They might wait till after the double headers coming up and see if they need to play this match during the 6N or if both teams are as good as out aim for the quarter final weekend although Glasgow might have to do both.

Fernandez Lobbe picked up a calf injury at the weekend and will likely miss a few weeks. Doesn't weaken Toulon too much it's a straw to clutch at.

Irish Times are reporting Bordeaux are interested in Madigan. No source cited though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Madigan's agent most likely.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The Times did seem to mention a random number of French clubs in that article all right

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

Fernandez Lobbe picked up a calf injury at the weekend and will likely miss a few weeks. Doesn't weaken Toulon too much it's a straw to clutch at.

Irish Times are reporting Bordeaux are interested in Madigan. No source cited though.

Rumours in Limerick over the weekend are that Foley's contract is extended and Madigan is on his way to Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Madser's hair wouldn't be welcome in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,144 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Clegg wrote: »

What about the rest of Madser; is that welcome? :)

Clegg wrote: »

Well, he shaved his head so that can only be confirmation that he's getting ready for the transition.

Plus, his tears at the end of the France game demonstrate the kind of passion that is crucial for success at Munster, that probably sealed the deal.

A move to France might not be bad for Madigan. And Bordeaux - what a place to live! Bordeaux play exciting rugby too.

It all seems to be rumour though, so let's wait and see.

phog wrote: »
    Rumours in Limerick over the weekend are that Foley's contract is extended and Madigan is on his way to Munster.

I'd be sad to see Madigan go as I think he is an asset to the club (despite being desperately unreliable at 10). I'd be less sad though if he went and was first choice at Munster at 10 to see if he can develop his game somewhat and become as good a game manager as he is at individually creating chances.

Certainly won't harm Munster having a reliable kicker.

As for Foley, I think Penny was a far superior coach but comments that Paulie and DOC made after his departure made it pretty clear that the squad didn't buy into how he wanted them to play.

Worried if Foley is already been retained considering team performance. I can only presume the focus this year is on Europe, but typically the provinces when progressing through Heineken cup rugby have consistently performed in the pro12 also. Worry that Munster could have a season this year like Leinster did last year, lot of similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

OSI wrote: »
    I'd sooner see Madigan go to France than another province. I'm a big fan of the whole "develop local talent locally" thing the IRFU has going on, but I think we need more international level players, playing... internationally. How can we ever expect to compete at an international level when all of our players are playing the same people week after week.

This doesn't really make any sense. The provinces are part of the pro 12 which consists of Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Italy and also participate in European rugby. They no more play "the same people week after week" than literally any other rugby player anywhere in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

A move to France might not be bad for Madigan. And Bordeaux - what a place to live! Bordeaux play exciting rugby too.

It all seems to be rumour though, so let's wait and see.

If it was down to Bordeaux v Bristol I know which one I would pick:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    If it was down to Bordeaux v Bristol I know which one I would pick:p

The one that paid the most?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement