Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,172 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

To bullet point the entire thing

Te'o gone
    Madigan gone
    Moore or Ross gone

Henshaw in
    New Zealand scrum half in.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

aimee1 wrote: »
    Boss and Reddan might not be around beyond this season so I wouldnt see it as a bad thing for McGrath

I can't see Boss continuing after this season, but Reddan might want to go on. However, he'd need to be a lot better than he has been in the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

case885 wrote: »
    Moore to Munster and Madigan to Connacht is a much better scenario, either way it seems Leinster's players are being auctioned off :D

Well it seems they're getting Henshaw so they can't complain. Would say it's more a case of recognising there's a bottleneck of talent at one province and trying to ensure they get more gametime to develop. Exactly what Nucifora was brought in to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Zzippy wrote: »
    Well it seems they're getting Henshaw so they can't complain. Would say it's more a case of recognising there's a bottleneck of talent at one province and trying to ensure they get more gametime to develop. Exactly what Nucifora was brought in to do.

Maybe we wouldn't be losing so many to Ireland camps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

vienne86 wrote: »
    Maybe we wouldn't be losing so many to Ireland camps!

I think Kirchner is a waste of a spot. And if Teo goes I would hope Leinster are able to recruit a few players who wont be lost to the RC/AI with touring sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Don't forget John Cooney only signed on for a year with Connacht. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him heading back to Leinster next season(although I'd happily keep him at Connacht!)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

Well, Joe doesn't think so and if these rumours are true then neither does Nucifora.

Joe signed Gopperth because he hadn't much faith in Madigan, Joe picked Keately ahead of Madigan in the 6Ns earlier this year. He really hasn't shown much faith in Madigan as an outhalf. Seems to like him as a 22or 23. I'd be okay with him filling that role in Munster but not as a guy coming to learn the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

phog wrote: »
    Joe signed Gopperth because he hadn't much faith in Madigan, Joe picked Keately ahead of Madigan in the 6Ns earlier this year. He really hasn't shown much faith in Madigan as an outhalf. Seems to like him as a 22or 23. I'd be okay with him filling that role in Munster but not as a guy coming to learn the game.

Showed enough faith in him to play him at 10 in the world cup. Sexton was always going to be No. 1 but you cant say Joe didn't back him on the biggest stage.

When does Keatley's contract expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Funny thing is he could get less time at out half for Munster than he does at Leinster, he could end up being first choice 12.

• Advertisement

leftleg wrote: »
    Showed enough faith in him to play him at 10 in the world cup. Sexton was always going to be No. 1 but you cant say Joe didn't back him on the biggest stage.

World Cup is hugely different as you must name a squad in advance and there are tight rules around replacements. Madigan's versatility was a huge factor in him getting into the squad and matchday squads.

In the 6Ns he could pick and choose and when Sexcton wasn't available he opted for the next best outhalf in Keatley.

World Cup is hugely different as you must name a squad in advance and there are tight rules around replacements. Madigan's versatility was a huge factor in him getting into the squad and matchday squads.

In the 6Ns he could pick and choose and when Sexcton wasn't available he opted for the next best outhalf in Keatley.

well he could have picked PJ.

PJ most likely would have started in Italy but for injury

When does Keatley's contract expire?

According to Thomond's post on the Munster thread its 2017 the same for Bleyendaal.

well he could have picked PJ.

PJ most likely would have started in Italy but for injury

So he couldn't have picked PJ, could he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

phog wrote:
    According to Thomond's post on the Munster thread its 2017 the same for Bleyendaal.

Keeping the 10 spot warm until JJ returns.

So he couldn't have picked PJ, could he?

I meant in the RWC sorry. PJ could have been picked ahead of Madigan to play v Argentina.

I meant in the RWC sorry. PJ could have been picked ahead of Madigan to play v Argentina.

No because Joe picked Madigan as a utility back instead of giving PJ game time then when Sexton got injured Joe & Ireland were up the creek.

case885 wrote: »
    Keeping the 10 spot warm until JJ returns.

If we sign Madigan and he gets more than 2017 out of it then we won't see JJ coming home.

If we sign Madigan and he gets more than 2017 out of it then we won't see JJ coming home.

Keatley and Bleyendaal out, Madigan and JJ as 10s. I they are blocking SH signings as reported then there is logic to it

Keatley and Bleyendaal out, Madigan and JJ as 10s. I they are blocking SH signings as reported then there is logic to it

Probably more suited to the Munster thread but can the IRFU break their contracts just like that. BTW, I'm not sure either JJ or Madigan are any better than the incumbents.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

If we lost:
    Teo
    Ross
    Madigan
    Boss
    Kirchner (how longs his contract?)

And gained:
    Henshaw
    NZ scrum half
    One other

I'd be very happy. Don't want to see Moore go to keep Ross. Would make no sense from a Leinster perspective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Yeah I'd agree, hopefully it'll be Ross going west. Wonder who the scrummy will be

• Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

I doubt anybody wants Ross TBH. He doesn't offer anything over young developing players.

Yeah I'd agree, hopefully it'll be Ross going west. Wonder who the scrummy will be

From Super Rugby at the minute I can only think of Weber and Pulu from the Chiefs but both have a couple of caps I think.
    Mitchell Drummond st the Crusaders if we could somehow entice him would be a decent bit of business I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

I'd definitely take Pulu over a less good project player

I'd definitely take Pulu over a less good project player

At 25 and with no realistic all black chances I'd say we may have a better chance of attracting him than Drummond at 21
    The sceptic I am tells me it's all hot air on my part either way

Probably more suited to the Munster thread but can the IRFU break their contracts just like that. BTW, I'm not sure either JJ or Madigan are any better than the incumbents.

If madigan goes south you have to assume IK and TB wont have contracts renewed in 2017 unless TB sticks to 12? Especially if JJ is tempted back after his 2 years at saints.

Im looking at this from the JS/DN view and what is the logic. They have to work things around current contracts too.

If madigan goes it opens up more gametime to marsh and byrne at leinster especially in international windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Podge_irl wrote: »
    I think I spent about 70% of my waking hours in the Connemara and 15% at the game.

Alas, I spent the other 15% wandering the streets looking for my friend who went missing with a dead phone so I got a good view of Bordeux, just not in a great state!

You saw more than me so!

Bridge93 wrote: »
    From Super Rugby at the minute I can only think of Weber and Pulu from the Chiefs but both have a couple of caps I think.
    Mitchell Drummond st the Crusaders if we could somehow entice him would be a decent bit of business I think

Are any of these lads capable at 10 or purely 9s?

• Advertisement

If madigan goes south you have to assume IK and TB wont have contracts renewed in 2017 unless TB sticks to 12? Especially if JJ is tempted back after his 2 years at saints.

Im looking at this from the JS/DN view and what is the logic. They have to work things around current contracts too.

If madigan goes it opens up more gametime to marsh and byrne at leinster especially in international windows.

So Munster gets a below player to replace a below par player, it probably stalls the development of Scannell and might delay the return of JJ. Thanks but no thanks.

As opening up gametime for Marsh & Byrne won't Madigan be in Irish camp as much as Sexton?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement