Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

WarZ wrote: »
    Such a weak team. Ben Teo, Nacewa, Sexton and Heaslip are the only truly class players we have.

Kearney, McFadden, Boss, Healy, Ross, Toner, McCarthy, Ruddock are all either average players, past it or out of form.

So tell us who you would pick!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭Clearlier

vienne86 wrote: »

1-Joe Moody, 2-Dane Coles, 3-Owen Franks, 4-Brodie Retallick, 5-Sam Whitelock, 6-Jerome Kaino, 7-Richie McCaw (captain), 8-Kieran Read; 9-Aaron Smith, 10-Dan Carter, 11-Julian Savea, 12-Ma'a Nonu, 13-Conrad Smith, 14-Nehe Milner-Skudder, 15-Ben Smith

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

Such a weak team. Ben Teo, Nacewa, Sexton and Heaslip are the only truly class players we have.

Kearney, McFadden, Boss, Healy, Ross, Toner, McCarthy, Ruddock are all either average players, past it or out of form.

Hahahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

grinch-as-child.jpg

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just reselected my seats for Munster game in April. my season ticket in the terrace had gotten me a fairly crappy row g of lower deck. Got free upgrade to row a of upper deck behind posts. Really easy system to use.

How did you do this? is it via My Leinster Ticket?

Sorry found email now

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

vienne86 wrote: »

Unfortunately unless Leinster get a rake of signings I can't see much change.

McGrath for the competely living on his reputation Cian Healy, definitely.

Moore for the past it and slow Ross, definitely.

Not much else you can change from there. Leinster need to sign a top quality backrow (SOB constantly injured, Ruddock average, Murphy average, Ryan gone, Conan and JVDF still green), a top class tighthead, another second row, a top class scrumhalf, a top class winger IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

That's a fairly strong team, delighted to see VDF's form rewarded, nice balance to that backrow too. Surprised at Healy getting the nod but with no SOB, hopefully he gets his carrying game going.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Not much else you can change from there. Leinster need to sign a top quality backrow (SOB constantly injured, Ruddock average, Murphy average, Ryan gone, Conan and JVDF still green), a top class tighthead, another second row, a top class scrumhalf, a top class winger IMO.

International players are average now days? So basically unless a Player is capped for the All Blacks, they are average? You should get a column with Waterford Whispers :pac::pac: Troll level Genius

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

So you need 4 top class players and a second row... I see. And how are you going to pay for all these star players? Oh, and while we're at it, are they Irish, and if not, how do you propose to get the IRFU to approve them?

I fully agree

I think Isa and McFadden are muck as well

So I propose we put Peter Pan and Tinkerbell on the wings....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Zzippy wrote: »
    So you need 4 top class players and a second row... I see. And how are you going to pay for all these star players? Oh, and while we're at it, are they Irish, and if not, how do you propose to get the IRFU to approve them?

Well the Irish players themselves are also rubbish, remember?

Ideally we'd just have one team in Ireland and just fill it with really good foreigners so that we win everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Toulon Team named.

Armitage ; Habana, Bastareaud, Nonu, Mitchell ; Giteau, Escande ;
    S. Armitage, Vermeulen, Gorgodze ; Taofifenua, Manoa ; Stevens, Guirado, Fresia.

Subs: Etrillard, Chiocci, Chilachava, J. Smith, Taylor, Mermoz, Meric, Suta.

'Salright, I spose. Meric is the sub SH and is only 20.

Heaviest centre partnership ever?

Could be a long afternoon.

Toulon Team named.

Armitage ; Habana, Bastareaud, Nonu, Mitchell ; Giteau, Escande ;
    S. Armitage, Vermeulen, Gorgodze ; Taofifenua, Manoa ; Stevens, Guirado, Fresia.

Subs: Etrillard, Chiocci, Chilachava, J. Smith, Taylor, Mermoz, Meric, Suta.

'Salright, I spose. Meric is the sub SH and is only 20.

Heaviest centre partnership ever?

Could be a long afternoon.

Honestly - I'd take joy in watching a team like this if it were a barbarians team but this is just a tiny bit ridiculous. Really not what I want for Rugby.

stephen_n wrote: »
    International players are average now days? So basically unless a Player is capped for the All Blacks, they are average? You should get a column with Waterford Whispers :pac::pac: Troll level Genius

Our international players are average compared to South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Argentina.

We get completely shown up the above teams in competitions where it matters.

I'm telling you what Leinster need to compete again, no more no less.

Leinster could definitely afford to sign players if the IRFU let them.

Oh for fúcks sake. Give it a rest. Jesus, there's a game on this weekend.

Oh for fúcks sake. Give it a rest. Jesus, there's a game on this weekend.

I can be as critical as I want. There is no rule saying that I have to blushingly praise a group of underperforming players because some posters here consider them infallible. The results and facts speak for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Our international players are average compared to South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Argentina.

We get completely shown up the above teams in competitions where it matters.

Last time we played Australia in a competition was the RWC2011. We won. Does that count? Or are you going to make another excuse for that one not being in your sample set? :rolleyes:

I can be as critical as I want. There is no rule saying that I have to blushingly praise a group of underperforming players because some posters here consider them infallible. The results and facts speak for themselves.

The bolded bit is, like most of your ramblings, just totally and utterly untrue. But again, don't let that stop you. It hasn't so far.

Yeah, it's a free country, do what you want, it's no skin off my nose. I just can never understand the mentality of people who do nothing except complain all the time, about everything and have never posted a constructive comment in all their time here. I can't imagine that such people derive any enjoyment from either posting on here or even watching the matches, so I just wonder why they do either. There are plenty of things I don't enjoy so I just don't do them.

Again, do what you want, I just think it's bizarre that people choose to spend their free time heaping misery on themselves.

I'd just rather we could focus on the massive game that is happening in 48 hours rather than re-hashing the same stupid arguments we've had five hundred times already. Mad, isn't it?

Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Mr.Applepie

I'm telling you what Leinster need to compete again, no more no less.

Leinster could definitely afford to sign players if the IRFU let them.

No, they couldn't. The Irish team financially funds all the provinces.

Yeah, it's a free country, do what you want, it's no skin off my nose. I just can never understand the mentality of people who do nothing except complain all the time, about everything and have never posted a constructive comment in all their time here. I can't imagine that such people derive any enjoyment from either posting on here or even watching the matches, so I just wonder why they do either. There are plenty of things I don't enjoy so I just don't do them.

Again, do what you want, I just think it's bizarre that people choose to spend their free time heaping misery on themselves.

I'd just rather we could focus on the massive game that is happening in 48 hours rather than re-hashing the same stupid arguments we've had five hundred times already. Mad, isn't it?

Good luck.

I have never posted in a constructive manner in all my time here? That is bull****.

I am merely pointing out that the Leinster team right now is incredibly weak and that they need new signings. That just because we have international players doesn't mean the team is in anyway capable of competing in europe.

You're only annoyed because I dont follow the party line of 'sure arent Leinster great and its players world class *swoon*' Whats getting tedious is me consistently being attacked for posting anything negative with comments like 'get over it' 'stop being miserabe' etc. rather than addressing my point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

If anyone on here is going to the game, Toulon have tweeted to advise Leinster fans that no bags will be allowed inside the stadium, to make sure you have ID, and expect searches.

I have never posted in a constructive manner in all their time here? That is bull****.

I am merely pointing out that the Leinster team right now is incredibly weak and that they need new signings. That just because we have international players doesn't mean the team is in anyway capable of competing in europe.

You're only annoyed because I dont follow the party line of 'sure arent Leinster great and its players world class *swoon*' Whats getting tedious is me consistently being attacked for posting anything negative with comments like 'get over it' 'stop being miserabe' etc. rather than addressing my point.

u ok hun? xox

molloyjh wrote: »
    Last time we played Australia in a competition was the RWC2011. We won. Does that count? Or are you going to make another excuse for that one not being in your sample set? :rolleyes:

Was that the year Ireland were humiliated by an average Welsh side in the QF while Australia went onto the semi finals being beaten by the eventual winners?

You've managed to come up with one instance of where an Irish side beat a tri nations SH in the world cup. Even then the side we beat went on to progress further in the competition than we did

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

If anyone on here is going to the game, Toulon have tweeted to advise Leinster fans that no bags will be allowed inside the stadium, to make sure you have ID, and expect searches.

If you're name is on their list they're going to keep you, the list being

1) Ritchie McCaw
    2) Israel Folau
    3) Julien Savea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Was that the year Ireland were humiliated by an average Welsh side in the QF while Australia went onto the semi finals being beaten by the eventual winners?

You've managed to come up with one instance of where an Irish side beat a tri nations SH in the world cup. Even then the side we beat went on to progress further in the competition than we did

Yep there we go, the excuse I was expecting.

Good luck.

The problem is (s)he isn't just heaping the misery on him/herself, but also on everyone else here.

This idea that "just because we have international players doesn't mean the team is in anyway capable of competing in europe" is 100% laughable because those players have competed in Europe and won 2 6 Nations trophies. At provincial level things are a bit different, but for a vast number of reasons. And that's only this season. Last season Leinster very definitely competed with the best in Europe with us pushing Toulon all the way to extra time in France.

So it's not just heaping misery on everyone, it's heaping misery based on feck all. Sure we aren't at our best right now, we all know that. But the doom and gloom and woe is everything Irish rugby is a bloody farce. Of course none of it is helped by the press sensationalising the whole thing either but there you go.

Like the NZ game in 2013 I'm going into this one looking for my team to win and believing they can, even against the odds. And I might just be doing it a little bit more fervently because of some of that kind of carry on.

COME ON LEINSTER!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

These are the fun games, when there's no expectation.

I think that Toulon front five is beatable. The other 10 starters on the other hand.....

• Advertisement

Leinster by 18 points.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement