Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Leinster by 18 points.

Madigan to get the 4th try with an intercept.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

While you can't rule anything out, there's only really one way I can see this game going unfortunately.

It's absolutely sick the quality that Toulon have bought in - even if you took their other "second string" side - and until there's some sort of realistically enforceable wage restrictions, I can't see that changing. Normally, I'd love seeing a side with those players in it. Now, not so much.

That said, given the way the first two games have gone, there's no pressure on us and all the pressure on Toulon. One can hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Probably complete blind faith talking but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that Leinster will win at the weekend.

By my count we've 19 Irish internationals in the squad of 23 plus Isa, Teo & VDF who've arguably been our best players so far this season ( plus Denton ;-) )

Obviously Toulon have a world of stars in their team but I don't see the gap being insurmountable.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Ma'a Nonu was only made to look good by the rubbish tackling in the Super XV. He's actually rubbish at rugby in real life. 20 point win for Leinster.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I find myself once again thinking that if we don't get any serious injuries, I will consider it a good weekend! I don't have much hope for us on Sunday, but am looking forward to seeing how Van der Flier goes, and hoping that Sexton has a good game. C'mon Leinster!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Good to see a young openside emerging they're rare as hens teeth, we could do with one in Munster :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Leinster by 18 points.

Doctor? I think Emmet is off his meds. Better call an orderly...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭b.gud

Leinster by 18 points.
    Zzippy wrote: »
    Doctor? I think Emmet is off his meds. Better call an orderly...

:D

He's fine he just misspelled. He was suggesting that Leinster buy 18 points before the game starts :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,844 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Leinster by 18 points.

If Leinster even score 18 points it would be impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

We are better than we were last season and Toulon are not. We can run them close.

Game is in Toulon this time of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Only one winner here. More pressure to be heaped on Cullen sadly.

Shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Only one winner here. More pressure to be heaped on Cullen sadly.

Shouldn't have got the job in the first place.

Game hasn't happened yet, chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Even if it had, there's no shame in losing to Toulon, in Toulon. It shouldn't add any pressure whatsoever.

Even if it had, there's no shame in losing to Toulon, in Toulon. It shouldn't add any pressure whatsoever.

The manner in which we will lose will though.
    But as stated the match haant taken place yet. But there's nothing to suggest we'll only struggle.

Also Following it up with another loss the following week means 4 European losses on the bounce.

But as stated the match haant taken place yet. But there's nothing to suggest we'll only struggle.

Also Following it up with another loss the following week means 4 European losses on the bounce.

We are not expected to win on Sunday. So I don't think there is pressure on Cullen this weekend actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,931 ✭✭✭jacothelad

molloyjh wrote: »
    Madigan to get the 4th try with an intercept.....

Which he throws to himself......:D

vienne86 wrote: »
    We are not expected to win on Sunday. So I don't think there is pressure on Cullen this weekend actually.

Read the first line of what you quoted me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Stainalert

Supporter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Toulon looked pretty ordinary when they were whipped by wasps. Can't see any reason why Leinster can't win this game. Why would anybody say Leinster are not expected to win this game. I expect them to win it anyway.

flouncer wrote: »
    I expect them to win it anyway.

Oh well then, that changes everything. #feelingpositive

• Advertisement

Toulon looked pretty ordinary when they were whipped by wasps. Can't see any reason why Leinster can't win this game. Why would anybody say Leinster are not expected to win this game. I expect them to win it anyway.

No, you don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Yes I do :-)

Yes I do :-)

Grand. Free money available at all reputable bookies.

I don't expect a win tomorrow. None of us does. What I want though is a good performance. I want Sexton to have a really good game, and not get injured. I want to see Healy back to where he was. I'm not enthused about Fitz playing 12, but I hope he does well and doesn't get flattened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

Difficult to predict what will unfold at the mayol from a blue perspective.
    Doubt we'll win, more doubtful we'll put in a very good performance.
    Hope they prove me wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It's very hard to know what will happen tomorrow. Leinster have their backs against the wall and most of the team will have a serious point to prove after coming in for plenty of criticism both from the World Cup exit and subsequent below par performances for Leinster. I expect they will be going in with the mindset that this is one off knock out cup game where it's win or go home because lose tomorrow and it's just the Pro 12 to keep them occupied until May

These are professional sportsmen, they have alot of pride and I'd imagine they want to go out and show they're not just there to make up the numbers.

Will we win? Probably not. But once you're in the race you have a chance. In a year when Japan beat South Africa in a World Cup, Leinster beating Toulon in France would not be the biggest upset of the year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭RobbieRuns

Very few would have predicted the Ulster v Toulouse score?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭JPNelsforearm

Did you see what they did to a Clermont team that was flying?

Obviously I hope we win, dont think we will, but so long as everyone gives 100% and we try and play, that'll be a result in itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,322 ✭✭✭✭phog

I don't expect Leinster to win but I wouldn't be surprised if they do, Leinster have a better team this season and know one more loss and they're as good as out of the cup. They've been targeting this game since their loss to Bath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Bolloxology

phog wrote: »
    I don't expect Leinster to win but I wouldn't be surprised if they do, Leinster have a better team this season and know one more loss and they're as good as out of the cup. They've been targeting this game since their loss to Bath.

On paper we have a great side.
    Unfortunately Rugbys not played on paper.
    We look disjointed,badly drilled,out of condition and at times plainly not arsed.
    Just hope Johnny rallies them for a good performance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement