Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread VI: End of the MOC [Revenge of the STH]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Teferi wrote: »
    Healy on the bench provisionally surely? No way his appeal will be accepted.

Does the appeal get heard today then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,536 ✭✭✭former total

Toulon team: 6-2 split on the bench. Gorgodze drops to the bench for Juan Smith, Suta replaces Manoa with Fernandez Lobbe coming back in on the bench.

D. Armitage ; Habana, Bastareaud, Nonu, Mitchell ; Giteau, Escande ; S. Armitage, Vermeulen, Smith ; Taofifenua, Suta ; Stevens, Guirado, Fresia.

Etrillard, Chiocci, Chilachava, Gorgodze, Fernandez Lobbe, Taylor, Tillous-Borde, Mikautadze

• Registered Users Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

vienne86 wrote: »
    Does the appeal get heard today then?

Would it not be lifted until the appeal is heard, making him available this weekend but out for Connacht if the suspension is upheld?

Zzippy wrote: »
    Would it not be lifted until the appeal is heard, making him available this weekend but out for Connacht if the suspension is upheld?

No, you remain suspended until appeal is heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

awec wrote: »
    Completely missed his name in the list.

I guess the plan is for 80 minutes of Reddan.

Think it would be safer to let MacCarthy on at this stage.

I see no reason to have Kirchner on the bench, given that we are already out, getting Ringrose experience at this level should be far more important

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

A few whispers on websites saying that Madigan is in final discussions with Bordeaux.....

• Subscribers Posts: 41,620 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

No, you remain suspended until appeal is heard.

seemingly you can request to have the ban lifted until appeal is heard

• Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

sydthebeat wrote: »
    seemingly you can request to have the ban lifted until appeal is heard

Apparently that has failed as word is Bent is now on the bench.

https://twitter.com/leinsterrugby/status/677849050209771525

Redgirl82 wrote: »
    A few whispers on websites saying that Madigan is in final discussions with Bordeaux.....

Indo had it this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭KH25

Sad to see Madigan go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,762 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

So Healys ban has been lifted. The JO that banned him yesterday hasn't submitted his ruling officially so no appeal could be held today. In light of that the EPCR have lifted the ban for the weekend. All a bit mad really.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14388.php

What an absolute clusterfnck.

I'd have rather he missed the dead rubber Euro game than a potentially tight Pro12 match against Connacht.

Be the best of both worlds of he's not banned at all, which I think is a real possibility at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭flouncer

Mad stuff. Reading about it in the newspaper today it really is bizarre. Are they just making up stuff. So they gave a ruling that gave every right for Leinster to contest. The initial ruling was so ambiguous it really boggles the brain. It does make you wonder! I appreciate that's its difficult to penalize correctly in real time, but you would think that the review could supply a definitive answer. Not a bit of it.

flouncer wrote: »
    Mad stuff. Reading about it in the newspaper today it really is bizarre. Are they just making up stuff. So they gave a ruling that gave every right for Leinster to contest. The initial ruling was so ambiguous it really boggles the brain. It does make you wonder! I appreciate that's its difficult to penalize correctly in real time, but you would think that the review could supply a definitive answer. Not a bit of it.

Looks like they didn't have a ground under the laws for the ban that applied to the complaint, but didn't want to let him off.

At this stage the whole thing will go away, he won't be punished further as that will be appealed also given all the messing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

So I presume he'll be on the bench rather than Bent. It seems like a lot of fuss considering we still can't qualify anyway.

scott1974 wrote: »
    So I presume he'll be on the bench rather than Bent. It seems like a lot of fuss considering we still can't qualify anyway.

He was on the team sheet when it was first announced, then removed as per a tweet, so I don't expect to see him restored tomorrow. Hearing is tomorrow apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

He was on the team sheet when it was first announced, then removed as per a tweet, so I don't expect to see him restored tomorrow. Hearing is tomorrow apparently.
    Statement on Leinster website says his ban is lifted pending his appeal hearing.

The hearing is not tomorrow. No date has been set.

He was still suspended when the team was announced so couldn't be named, hence Bent was brought in, but now that he is temporarily not suspended, he will play.

Appeal will be next week I imagine, I expect suspension to stand.

The hearing is not tomorrow. No date has been set.

He was still suspended when the team was announced so couldn't be named, hence Bent was brought in, but now that he is temporarily not suspended, he will play.

Appeal will be next week I imagine, I expect suspension to stand.

OK. RTE said it was tomorrow.....which sounded mad, I must admit.

• Advertisement

I don't expect any suspension to stand. How could he have been sent off for "grabbing an opponent dangerously"?

I fully expect no ban, but a warning for aesthetics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭bamboozle

Personally that's a great move, Bordeaux is a great city with brilliant beaches and wine villages surrounding it.

As a fan I'm not too bothered by this news. He was never going to sign up to play second fiddle to Sexton for another few years and in many ways if he is to stick around it would be a bad sign of his ambition.

I think Leinster are actually well stocked now for 10, or will be in 12 months time, Ross Byrne and Joey Carberry are both potentially great 10's, Carberry is running amok in the AIL. Crosbie and Marsh are also doing well with Marsh stepping up to the plate.

If I was Cullen now, i'd seriously consider loaning Crosbie or Marsh to Connacht to get some game time during their injury crisis.

I'd then aim to bring one of the other 10's into the Pro 12 23 with a view to building their bank of experience.

Never really been a fan of Madigan's, as BOD alluded to during the world cup you cant play 10 and spend half the game at the bottom of rucks.

Madigan will benefit hugely from consistent game time at 10 but even at 26 he's a big learning curve ahead, I still think when I see him play his drop offs are average, kicking from hand is poor, often runs into contact when he should spread the ball, throws hail mary passes etc. Maybe I'm being tough on him but in France he'll benefit from playing outside a Petit General 9 who will take charge of dictating a lot of play.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Well I suppose we all knew he was going to leave soon, keeping the bench warm last week when he should have come on solidified that it was sooner rather than later.

Was hoping he'd go to munster though, but I'm glad he's going somewhere where he'll start anyway. Bordeaux have improved hugely in recent years too.

bamboozle wrote: »
    Personally that's a great move, Bordeaux is a great city with brilliant beaches and wine villages surrounding it.

As a fan I'm not too bothered by this news. He was never going to sign up to play second fiddle to Sexton for another few years and in many ways if he is to stick around it would be a bad sign of his ambition.

I think Leinster are actually well stocked now for 10, or will be in 12 months time, Ross Byrne and Joey Carberry are both potentially great 10's, Carberry is running amok in the AIL. Crosbie and Marsh are also doing well with Marsh stepping up to the plate.

If I was Cullen now, i'd seriously consider loaning Crosbie or Marsh to Connacht to get some game time during their injury crisis.

I'd then aim to bring one of the other 10's into the Pro 12 23 with a view to building their bank of experience.

Never really been a fan of Madigan's, as BOD alluded to during the world cup you cant play 10 and spend half the game at the bottom of rucks.

Madigan will benefit hugely from consistent game time at 10 but even at 26 he's a big learning curve ahead, I still think when I see him play his drop offs are average, kicking from hand is poor, often runs into contact when he should spread the ball, throws hail mary passes etc. Maybe I'm being tough on him but in France he'll benefit from playing outside a Petit General 9 who will take charge of dictating a lot of play.

Yes, Bordeaux is a fabulous city - one of my favourites. And Bordeaux is one of my favourite Top 14 teams, though I haven't got to see them much lately. They play a lovely style of rugby, and of course, they are in the Champions cup this season. Direct flights from Dublin all year too AFAIK. I hope this move comes off and I hope it is the making of Madigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Yes, Bordeaux is a fabulous city - one of my favourites. And Bordeaux is one of my favourite Top 14 teams, though I haven't got to see them much lately. They play a lovely style of rugby, and of course, they are in the Champions cup this season. Direct flights from Dublin all year too AFAIK. I hope this move comes off and I hope it is the making of Madigan.
    A lot nicer place to go than say Bristol or Limerick...

I'll get me coat... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭scott1974

Looks like Jimmy Gopps is having a great game for Wasps so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Leinster 'A' won 36-10. Dan Leavy with a hat-trick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭swiwi_

scott1974 wrote: »
    Looks like Jimmy Gopps is having a great game for Wasps so far

LOL BOD on BT there "He might not have been the most popular player with the Leinster faithful..."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭blackdog1

Hearing a lot about teo going to an English club for big money and henshaw to Leinster. Wouldn't it be wiser to match his wage offer let go of Kitchener and let the irfu pick up henshaws wage bill. We'd then be able to sign a niq scrum half of quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭aimee1

blackdog1 wrote: »
    Hearing a lot about teo going to an English club for big money and henshaw to Leinster. Wouldn't it be wiser to match his wage offer let go of Kitchener and let the irfu pick up henshaws wage bill. We'd then be able to sign a niq scrum half of quality.

Kirchner? Has he signed on for two more seasons tho?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement